2.69 Discussion Thread

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
On Wednesday the 3rd of September, Grepolis will be updated to version 2.69. Feel free to discuss the update here and for a full look at the changes and bugfixes head on over to this thread.

DeletedUser30490

if it is being beta tested it will obviously be implmented rock

Richard

Strategos
No, gold trading is still only active on Beta. We weren't joking when we said we were planning on shaping it around player feedback. The feature is not ready, and as such, will not be activated until it is.

Thanks
Richard

skiboot

Phrourach
At the point gold trading is introduced I will be leaving the game. Been fun but "pay to win" is not for me.

DeletedUser

this is dumb, gunna be a way for players to "gold" up their teammates and essentially make it harder on those who cant afford it, making them quit come on grepo i know you guys are rich and been taking our money for years, but is it really necessary to further unbalance an already unbalanced game... smh thumbs down for this

DeletedUser

My suggestions.

I would like to see alliance founders receive a small amount of gold to disperse how they see fit. Perhaps it could equal 1 or 2 percent of alliance purchases, divided equal among alliance founders.
Alliance leaders could then pass out the gold however they see fit. I have long wanted to be able to reward members with gold prizes for certain accomplishments.
Whether or not you proceed to implement gold trade, please consider an option for founders to give outright gifts to his members.

DeletedUser47836

Hello... well I am a new player and I made an account on the forums for the sole reason of responding to this thread. Needless to say I didn't read the forum rules neither do I care about them.

Anyways, on topic...
Since I went through all this trouble I 'm going to be rather straightforward about it.
The fact of the matter is that you are liars.

Having said that, I 'm going to go ahead and prove that this is in fact the case right here and now.
Let me quote something then...

"Our objective with this new feature is to provide all players big and small, new players and veteran the opportunity to earn gold! For quite sometime we have looked on ways to help players to earn gold. And, by far, the best solution we saw was trading gold for resources; in several stages of the game both of them are important. When we look at our long run plans, especially the changes to the world wonders and new end game both parts will gain from this new feature."

This is in fact a lie.

What this person Is trying to convince us here is that they will do this out of love for the players that can't afford to buy gold.
So let me just go ahead and expose this lie right now using simple reasoning.

Assuming that your purpose is to actually help players that can't buy gold to get their hands on some gold with the implied reasoning of improving their experience of the game there other ways to go about it.
I will only use 2 examples as my purpose is to simply expose the lie and not actually go in depth about it.

1. You allow the players to trade their resources for gold directly with the server. Meaning that these recourses will simply disappear. The ratio increases proportionally with the number of cities owned by said player.

Result for non gold users: They now have the option of spending their resources to get some gold and enjoy some of the gold features.

Result for gold users: Nothing, all the same as they were.

Result for company: Nothing in terms of money gaining, no loss either. Improvement in gameplay experience of non gold using player and increased possibility of him playing the game for longer.

2. You allow players to trade their resources for gold with other players.

Result for non gold users: They now have the option of trading their resources with other players. This will give them the ability to enjoy some of the gold features. It will also give the ability to the players they are trading their resources to, to not only take their cities as they did before, but also rape their women, kill the elder, take the children and use them as soldiers, and burn their houses.

Result for gold users: Potential for unlimited power coming out from an unlimited pocket.

Result for company: Short term money grab. Long term shut down of the game.

I'm afraid that this would only make sense for a game that is already scheduled for shutdown and is looking for a money grab before this happens.

P.S 1: I am a gold user.
P.S 2: Shame on you for lying to your customers.

Last edited by a moderator:

jack116798

Phrourach
Hello... well I am a new player and I made an account on the forums for the sole reason of responding to this thread. Needless to say I didn't read the forum rules neither do I care about them.

Anyways, on topic...
Since I went through all this trouble I 'm going to be rather straightforward about it.
The fact of the matter is that you are liars.

Having said that, I 'm going to go ahead and prove that this is in fact the case right here and now.
Let me quote something then...

"Our objective with this new feature is to provide all players big and small, new players and veteran the opportunity to earn gold! For quite sometime we have looked on ways to help players to earn gold. And, by far, the best solution we saw was trading gold for resources; in several stages of the game both of them are important. When we look at our long run plans, especially the changes to the world wonders and new end game both parts will gain from this new feature."

This is in fact a lie.

What this person Is trying to convince us here is that they will do this out of love for the players that can't afford to buy gold.
So let me just go ahead and expose this lie right now using simple reasoning.

Assuming that your purpose is to actually help players that can't buy gold to get their hands on some gold with the implied reasoning of improving their experience of the game there other ways to go about it.
I will only use 2 examples as my purpose is to simply expose the lie and not actually go in depth about it.

1. You allow the players to trade their resources for gold directly with the server. Meaning that these recourses will simply disappear. The ratio increases proportionally with the number of cities owned by said player.

Result for non gold users: They now have the option of spending their resources to get some gold and enjoy some of the gold features.

Result for gold users: Nothing, all the same as they were.

Result for company: Nothing in terms of money gaining, no loss either. Improvement in gameplay experience of non gold using player and increased possibility of him playing the game for longer.

2. You allow players to trade their resources for gold with other players.

Result for non gold users: They now have the option of trading their resources with other players. This will give them the ability to enjoy some of the gold features. It will also give the ability to the players they are trading their resources to, to not only take their cities as they did before, but also rape their women, kill the elder, take the children and use them as soldiers, and burn their houses.

Result for gold users: Potential for unlimited power coming out from an unlimited pocket.

Result for company: Short term money grab. Long term shut down of the game.

I'm afraid that this would only make sense for a game that is already scheduled for shutdown and is looking for a money grab before this happens.

P.S 1: I am a gold user.
P.S 2: Shame on you for lying to your customers.
I agree & I have played a long time without gold

DeletedUser47297

I am using gold for advisers mostly (very few exceptions).
In my opinion gold trading will give me opportunity to trade this gold instead of buy it. By default i expect good fighters to earn gold by trading and simmers to spend it to can defend or just to can buy peace. Still don't know the rules - this opinion is if its free market trading.
It looks good for grepolis money making (don't forget there is ppl working on it for our fun). I feel this way my cost for better developing will be lower:). On other side it going to be good for me as will have opportunity to spend less.
I think most ppl who dislikes gold trading thinking about grepolis as free game. Its not the case. There is costs. Do you guys prefer this costs to be paid by commercials? I don't.

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Ok this is a feedback thread for the 2.69 update. Gold trading is only on the beta's version of 2.69 at the moment. If you want to give your feedback on gold trading please use this thread.

DeletedUser21784

just reading the bugfixes list, and this catched my eye:
  • Under certain circumstances it was possible to cast the same effect twice leading to increase of the wall level by every new attack;
does this mean if you had , say, 80 incoming attacks and your wall level was 25, it would be 25+80=105 after the last attack?

Would you mind revealing the "certain circumstances" please? (you may also PM me LOL) After all tis still 2 days until the update takes place

hahaha, pity I never encountered that bug when I needed it most!

DeletedUser40768

• It is no longer possible to use "Forced Loyalty" directly on a town in an island without farming villages;
  • Added the ability to reserve all towns from one player.

That would so stink if a player was ever on a wrong city and did this, lucky that mistake can no longer happen :D Also with adding the ability to reserve all the towns of one player, that means with one click a single player can reserve all the cities of another. Pretty sure that couldn't happen since there is a limit of how many cities you can reserve, so I am kind of confused :heh: Guess I am misunderstanding it.