2.93 Discussion Thread

DeletedUser35934

Well all people are doing in Zancle is offering 2000 for 50. I doubt anyone has the gall to offer less and it would be pointless anyway with page after page of 2000 for 50. There remain a very few buyers around but no way to entice them to your particular deal by offering them better value.

There was a free market. The Inno man has gone for price control with this update. The next step might as well be state nationalization where once again Inno are the only supplier of resource and gold. Of course there could be healthy alternatives but then Inno would need expertise in economics and behavioural science rather than there current trial and error approach to design.

DeletedUser42857

and this is why they change it. Come on guys, seriously.

but someone is still paying for the gold somewhere.

in fact, the fact that players who have never had advisors before now have them, suggests there is more gold going around than ever before.

DeletedUser23986

I used to sell 800 res for 10 gold. Thats 4k for 50 gold. And this was on first day of server.

Who is going to pay you 50 gold for 2000 resources? I can see only one reason for this. So that they can replace gold trading by their 'newbie packages' which gives them directly $$$

I managed to extract 10k gold in a week, while playing on the said world, building up my army, conquesting and earning cultures too. Surely there was no harm in gold trading to non-buyers like me. Ofc, with these rates, the market would automatically be fixed, and gold trading not be helping players to get their premium free(due to high competition)

Really well thought, goes a long way in showing how illiterate the german-english translators or insane their bosses are(maybe both), because DESPITE CARING FOR OUR FEEDBACK THEY FAIL TO UNDERSTAND IT. We ask to remove instant buy and you destroy gold-trading. Bravo! Go enroll yourself for an online english-german translation course before its too late.

DeletedUser31385

Each mistake they make is more poison. It will only be a short time before they kill the game with major mistakes. By kill I mean there won't be any good people left. They all will be gone by this point.

DeletedUser35934

It would seem the free trade of gold effectively devalued the currency because people could generate too much gold internally by swapping free resources with gold whores who bought it cheap from Inno rather than go direct to the Inno central bank to buy some lots themselves. Maybe rather than destroying the free market they could have added a tax to the trade of gold (to reduce the free flow of gold) or created more desirable ways to spend it (to suck gold out of the system) and both of these would have pushed the value of gold back up and increased demand which in turn is what they need.

DeletedUser35934

Zancle has 30+ pages of 2000 for 50 and no one able to offer better value to willing buyers. The market is stagnant. The only thing to be thankful for is that Inno do games and don't run a real economy.

Is it just coincidence that the modern Greek economy and the Inno ancient Greek economy are both screwed up? If it was planned it's a nice touch of reality from the makers.

DeletedUser31385

Zancle has 30+ pages of 2000 for 50 and no one able to offer better value to willing buyers. The market is stagnant. The only thing to be thankful for is that Inno do games and don't run a real economy.

Is it just coincidence that the modern Greek economy and the Inno ancient Greek economy are both screwed up? If it was planned it's a nice touch of reality from the makers.

It does take away lower offers. If someone wants to make a low trade, let them do it. It is their loss.

DeletedUser43011

Its the same argument on the .US forums also HERE

The resentment for this change is unreal.

DeletedUser44426

50 gold for 2000 res is just outright ridiculous haha. I have seen a lot of dumb updates, and Grepolis just topped it off with this one.

DeletedUser25607

Well, i don't really see where is the problem?

There is thread here: "Petition to Remove Instant Buy!" with 25 pages of people who signed it. And what Inno does? With the last update Inno effectively kills trading gold for resources, thus killing "Instant Buy" as well (because Instant Buy is useless if you don't have resources from the market).

So instead of complains it's time to thank Inno for listening to players and making what players wish. :)

DeletedUser

This community is not the only community who is not happy, the Dutch community is also of about this update, lets hope they will reverse it

DeletedUser23986

The resentment for this change is very real. As as gold user, or as a resource seller, I have the right to decide if I should buy/sell 15k res for 10 gold, or 100 resources for 200 gold. I should not be dictated on this matter. If they had fixed the res limit at 2k res, and the gold limit at 10 gold, I would not have resented it so much. But 2k res for 50gold is the best ratio I can give them? Why can't they trust their players to be able to decide what WE WANT? IF they respect the community feedback, they should let the community decide what they want. If they wanted to remove the ability to sell 15k res for 10 gold, maybe it was okay, but this is NOT!

Well, i don't really see where is the problem?

There is thread here: "Petition to Remove Instant Buy!" with 25 pages of people who signed it. And what Inno does? With the last update Inno effectively kills trading gold for resources, thus killing "Instant Buy" as well (because Instant Buy is useless if you don't have resources from the market).

So instead of complains it's time to thank Inno for listening to players and making what players wish. :)
Lets assume I am hurt and feeling pained. Should I treat myself or commit suicide to kill the pain as well? If they are so interested in removing insta buy, whats the reason to degrade gold trading? I just don't get the logic of posts like this?

Now constructing for 25% less resources is a lot better than buying resources is almost ALL CASES. I think the only person who loses out now are the non-gold buyers.(I am using buyers not users because there are a lot of players who used to use gold without buying.)

DeletedUser43011

Hasan you mistook what i meant, im on your side of the fence.

DeletedUser

You could look at it in two ways. Either inno wants to line their pockets with the suckers who would pay 50 gold for a meagre amount

Or..

This is their answer to stopping massive buying of cities practically. Which is what many of the folks who post on here originally said wanted gone in the first place. What do you want?

Either way, isn't the goalstill the same? Now high end gold users can't buy resources (basically buying cities) to no longer have such a huge advantage over medium/low end gold users?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser42857

Either way, isn't the goalstill the same? Now high end gold users can't buy resources (basically buying cities) to no longer have such a huge advantage over medium/low end gold users?

But it was a choice by the sellers whether they sold. If nobody was selling the high gold users could not buy.

the people who really lose out are

1) the people who never bought gold forwhatever reason, too young, no credit card or paypal, and could not trade to get the premium advisors (which are by far the best use of gold in the game)
2) the low end gold spenders who could now have gold for the occasional wall build, or save gold up for the events to benefit more there

if anything, the removal of gold trading (because thats what it is) has punished the low end player even more.

DeletedUser23986

Hasan you mistook what i meant, im on your side of the fence.
I am not sure if I mistook you, unless this statement is by another supafletch(account on US forum)
"I use gold and feel that this balances the game for the people less likely or unable to use gold."

I disagree. I don't mind selling more resources at a lower ratio if it reduces the time needed to gain gold. Hoping that my offer will be the one out of a thousand to be accepted is not very appealing to me.