2015 NFL draft

• Thread starter DeletedUser30636
  • Start date

DeletedUser30636

With the draft coming up i figured id make a discussion thread on it! anyone find any ridiculous mock drafts? where do you think Mariota is going? since Winston is nearly a lock down first overall

DeletedUser40768

I can see Mariota going to the Jets, some Jets fans are convinced they already have him :D I guess Ryan Fitzpatrick could help him adjust to the NFL, although I don't know if Mariota would like the media pressure here.

DeletedUser33530

I bet that guy is gonna go to that team with that coach.

DeletedUser30636

I can see Mariota going to the Jets, some Jets fans are convinced they already have him :D I guess Ryan Fitzpatrick could help him adjust to the NFL, although I don't know if Mariota would like the media pressure here.

i see the eagles trading up to get him, where do you think Todd Gurley will fall?

DeletedUser40768

Not really sure, several teams could use him. Only problem is that RB is no longer a highly valued position in the eyes of most teams. Where do you see him ending up?

DeletedUser30636

i think itd be smart for seattle to go after him, he fits in the scheme perfectly and lynch is getting older. theyd have to trade for a 1st rounder but i think itd be a smart move

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
I'm thinking Gurley goes late in the first if he goes in the first at all. You don't see 1st round RB's very much any more since with a solid front line a late round RB can do just as well. Just look at Jonas Grey for the Patriots, not exactly super talented but with the blockers he had he ran for over 200 yards. I'd assume teams are gonna fill up their other needs with their first round picks. As for Mariota I doubt the Eagles trade for him since they just traded Foles for Bradford.

DeletedUser30636

I'm thinking Gurley goes late in the first if he goes in the first at all. You don't see 1st round RB's very much any more since with a solid front line a late round RB can do just as well. Just look at Jonas Grey for the Patriots, not exactly super talented but with the blockers he had he ran for over 200 yards. I'd assume teams are gonna fill up their other needs with their first round picks. As for Mariota I doubt the Eagles trade for him since they just traded Foles for Bradford.

that may be true. ive also wondered if maybe Washington will pick up mariota, Im pretty confident they're not going to get anything worth keeping in RGIII. should be an interesting draft.

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
A couple analysts now have Mariota going #1 in their mock drafts. I just don't see the Bucs picking him over Winston based on their offense.

DeletedUser30636

A couple analysts now have Mariota going #1 in their mock drafts. I just don't see the Bucs picking him over Winston based on their offense.

he did have a private work out with them the other day, depending on how that went, it could be a possibility, but im with you i still dont think so

DeletedUser49197

I would say that the Redskins will be getting a new QB, thought if I'm drafting for them, I might be a little scared picking big 1st rounders, as RG3 didn't go so well... I think the Hawks will probably get a new Center as they traded Max Unger for Jimmy Graham I think...

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
I'd say the best thing for the Redskins to do is to take a QB who shows potential but clearly needs work and then let him sit a year or so. The only problem is sitting a rookie QB is only helpful when they are behind an experienced QB and the skins lack one. Redskins are in for a long rebuilding process.

DeletedUser49197

Yeah, I'm surprised they haven't tried to trade for a good QB yet...

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
There is basically nobody on the market. They went all in on RGIII and he was a massive flop, Cousins looked good for all of a game then got bad in a hurry. McCoy might be serviceable if their front line gives him enough time in the pocket. So the redskins might be better off looking at lineman in the draft.

DeletedUser30636

I'd say the best thing for the Redskins to do is to take a QB who shows potential but clearly needs work and then let him sit a year or so. The only problem is sitting a rookie QB is only helpful when they are behind an experienced QB and the skins lack one. Redskins are in for a long rebuilding process.

yea, i wouldnt say RGIII was necessarily a flop, hes just been plagued by injuries, i think if he wouldnt have suffered that awful leg injury and stayed healthy. the Redskinds would have their QB, and with his speed and ability to move outside of the pocket, you can put off getting your great lineman, and still not have to worry about sack. If i was washington, id either pick up Mariota and hope for the best, or as you said, pick up some lineman.

DeletedUser41523

i see the eagles trading up to get him, where do you think Todd Gurley will fall?

Detroit, Mayhew needs a DT and OT desperately. So its only natural he takes an over hyped running back with injury concerns. Its a proven fact that when there's another need, Detroit drafts for potential talent even if not at the position they need.

DeletedUser49197

I'd say the Hawks need some WRs, tho that Chris Matthews kid was pretty good in SB 49 (even though they lost... :supermad:)

DeletedUser30636

I'd say the Hawks need some WRs, tho that Chris Matthews kid was pretty good in SB 49 (even though they lost... :supermad:)

hawks can get by, their receivers are sub par, but they get the job done. Hawks should focus on a more needy position, they'll probably draft either a center or a RB. They're usually pretty good with using their picks

DeletedUser49197

I don't think they will draft a RB, Lynch still got some years on him.