Newspaper 3rd Edition-Gela Weekly-A little bit of here and there

• Thread starter DeletedUser30490
  • Start date

DeletedUser30490

A Little Bit Of Here And There

Its being a hell of a week in Gela,Conquest begins,Top alliances disbanding and alot more as well.So this week I thought of interviewing alliance leaders and some top players as well.And we shall see what they had to say for them selves n their success and how colonization has being soo fast.

Top 12:

rsz_newspaper_3_top_12.jpg

Lets begin with alliance interviews:

This week sadly I got only 2 alliance interviews for you guys,"Malicious" leader either inactive or ignoring me ;) lol.And as always "CONFRONTATION" tooo busy to talk & "The Doom Reapers" did not reply as well so lets just continue with what we have shall we.

1..Krypteia

1*Who do you think will go to war after conquest breaks out(from the top 8 alliances)
--after you mention who and with who mention
"why?"
Who will support who(as in who do you think their allies are and who do you think of their allies will support them)
why do you think there allied?

Diane of Kefalonia said:
Malicious will probably go to war with everyone, because their profile says that they don't do Diplomacy.

Who will support who(as in who do you think their allies are and who do you think of their allies will support them)

There are always pacts. At this time we are not interested in who is friends with whom.

2*The rim oceans have already being taken over by 4 alliances,namely:
O45-Oceans Veterans
O44-Krypteia
O54-Krypteia
O55-Army of Eternity

From these ocean ruling alliances who do you think will most likely keep these oceans to themselves and who do you think will loose them.

Diane of kefalonia said:
From these ocean ruling alliances who do you think will most likely keep these oceans to themselves and who do you think will loose them.

Oceans 45, 44 and 54 are likely to be retained. Army of Eternity look to have a pretty good cluster in ocean 55, so they should retain their position as the biggest alliance in the ocean

3*out of the rim leader(o45/44/55/54 alliances)[im talking about the alliances not their founders]do you think they will go to war with the rank 2 alliances in that ocean after conquest begins or at a latter part of the game.

alliances that hold 2nd places,

O55-Malicious
O54-Legion X
O44-CONFRONTATION
O45-Byzantium Shadow

If yes or no state the reason as well please.

Diane of kefalonia said:
Honestly? I have no idea!

4*What do you big alliances think of the small alliance which has the top 2 players in the world in their alliance called Wolf Pact

Diane of kefalonia said:
I think you may be a little premature with that question. I will be happy to give a view if the situation is the same in 4 weeks.

5*How does it feel to be no.1 and how does it feel to be called a MRA by everyone now?

Diane of kefalonia said:
Is that the forum criteria? If you are number one you are automatically a MRA? Is not a MRA an alliance that actively seeks players to join? Does krypteia spam the players on Gela looking for recruits?
Players ask to join our family. If they played with us on Tau they have had automatic right of admission - and there are a lot of those players. Some players are aggressive, some are supportive. It is the teamwork that made us winners.
Other players have asked to join because we have played with them in other worlds. And the rest are new to our culture and have asked to join us on Gela.

And how does it feel to be number one?
We are more concerned with having a good team than worrying about statistics at the moment. The new players need to be integrated into Krypteia so that we can work effectively. Whether that means we are at number one or number 99 has less significance.

2..OCEANS VETERANS

1*Who do you think will go to war after conquest breaks out(from the top 8 alliances)
"why?"

Th3K1ndr3d said:
Any major alliances that are close to each other will most likely go to war when conquest starts, unless they agree to some sort of a cooperation or a NAP. What can be a higher priority goal than to eliminate one's strongest opponent in the area?

I haven't seen any leaders talking about pacts. The talk is of fighting and conquering. I don't have contacts in other alliances (I wish) so I'm not going to guess who is or will be allied to whom.

2*The rim oceans have already being taken over by 4 alliances,namely:
O45-Oceans Veterans
O44-Krypteia
O54-Krypteia
O55-Army of Eternity

3*out of the rim leader(o45/44/55/54 alliances)[im talking about the alliances not their founders]do you think they will go to war with the rank 2 alliances in that ocean after conquest begins or at a latter part of the game.

alliances that hold 2nd places,

O55-Malicious
O54-Legion X
O44-CONFRONTATION
O45-Byzantium Shadow

If yes or no state the reason as well please.

Th3K1ndr3d said:
Let me answer these two questions at the same time.
I'm confident to say that OV will hold O45 without much struggle. Army of Eternity claim to have experience of working as a group and I'm very keen to see what they can do once they grow in city size. I have no doubt here will be a fight in O55, that's where Malicious is strong. CONFRONTATION has some good attackers but I'm not sure how much cooperation there is among their members and how much direction they get from the alliance leadership. Byzantium Shadow will get eaten alive wherever they are. I don't know enough about Legion X to comment on them.

4*What do you big alliances think of the small alliance which has the top 2 players in the world in their alliance called Wolf Pact?

Th3K1ndr3d said:
I've heard that Wolf Pact comes from another server which means that they have experienced players. And if these players all worked together as a group before then Wolf Pact is an alliance that should be taken seriously. Their lead player(s) look dangerous, but the question is: Can the rest of the alliance keep up with them?

too long so sorry but please do read might be interesting :)

DeletedUser30490

And Now The Top Player Interviews.........

So I also decided to interview are fellow Gela players on how they have gotten to where they are now so here is what they had to say.

locutusofborg[Rank 1] OF Wolf Pact

1***What got you to the no.1 spot in this world?

locutusofborg said:
I am an excellent strategist, having played turn based and real time strategy games all my life, starting with chess when I was three. I worked my butt off, targeting my goals to build the troops to take the villages asap so that I could farm every five minutes all day long. Then I targeted my goals to building troops and farming the players around me for resources so I could grow faster. I earned free gold, every offer I could reasonably do that showed the promise of actually awarding the gold, got the administrator, the merchant and later on, the high priestess to accelerate my resource production and queuing ability.

2***Do you plan on staying as no1 for a long time?

locutusofborg said:
I never planned on being first in the first place. This is my first time playing and I didn't know what to expect. I spent a week or so reading guides and the rules before starting, so I would have an idea what to do, then I read as many guides as I could and reread the rules after I started...and it turned out that that made me first place.

3***Did your alliance help you out?

locutusofborg said:
My alliance helped out a couple times, starting out, with advice on questions I couldn't find the answers to as well as cast population growth on me once. 4 times they they traded resources straight across at a 1 for 1 ratio when I needed it. And recently when I took my two different cities, I received support in the form of troops from a couple of them.

4***Do you think the rest of the top 5 players are a match for you?

locutusofborg said:
I am sure they are a match for me, since most likely they have played this game before and have a lot of experience on me and therefor know what to do in certain circumstances that I wouldn't know what to do.

31272115.jpg

VriendP OF Wolf Pact

1***Do you plan on catching up and to be no.1 in this world?

VriendP said:
It's very hard to keep up with our number one player, locutusofborg. We share our first island and I watched him grow from the beginning. It's really amazing what this guy can do. I guess you could say that my goal is to follow in his footsteps and have fun doing that. It's not about the rank for me, it's about having fun. So it's not really a competition.

2***How do you plan on doing it?

VriendP said:
We support each other already. Just so far, it's been only offensive. Our alliance is ruthless on the outside but on the inside, we support each other where needed, except there's no room for whiners or farming support. If you're being farmed, you're doing something wrong. He proved to be a nice friend and I'll never let him down.

3*** Even though you wont be able to catch your own teammate will you ever support him?

_

4***What determined you to get into the top 5?

VriendP said:
I wasn't aware I was so determined after playing in Athens where World Wonders never seemed to be completed. I figured I would look at this list from a different perspective and I would spend my days farming as much and wherever I could. I think part of the reason for my rank is having to lead The Fallen. That took me most of the day and after I quit, they lived up to their name. My rank is actually a secondary achievement.

hmmmmm soo "The Fallen" leader rank 2 wonder until how long he can hold the position...

JamboCaz OF Krypteia

JamboCaz said:
My focus always has been and always will be The Krypteia Family, my own personal gain is insignificant in comparison.

JamboCaz said:
The best laid schemes o' mice an' men / Gang aft agley."

^^^^Honestly i didn't get a word

3***To get to the no,1 spot what will you do?
will you even go to war with Wolf Pact?

JamboCaz said:
This would be a diplomatic question, I deal with issues after diplomacy is over.

JamboCaz said:
I wasn't determined, I tripped fell and dang... look where I landed.

5***What do you think of the rest of the top 5 players?

JamboCaz said:
I will reserve judgement. It always surprises me that people look at the state of a world so early on when it's clear that in a marathon endurance is the key.

Well thats it for interviews and news,
hope youll enjoyed.That is my only intention.
Rep me if you like it anyways its your choice

The above content is not to disrespect or humiliate any player just to pump up the volume hope youll undestand

Suggestions,comments and whatever else welcomed
Suggest some topics as well or else i dont got nothing to report on....

Next week edition "All about CONFRONTATION" LEADERSHIP

Hope you enjoyed
Untill next week

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Just a few criticisms, for one it is really really long, its a lot of reading. I may only speak for myself, but I don't think people want to read such a long paper, it gets kind of repetitive.

Which brings me to my next point, ask different players/alliances different questions, for the most part your questions were very generic and repetitive to everyone. Try to personalize your questions a bit. Also it seems your questions are asking about pacts and what not, most alliances are not willing to comment publicly about that for the time being.

Third do more than just the interviews, interviews are nice to read, but maybe add a few headlines and small comments by yourself on the state of things. That would help to change it up a bit imo.

Fourth and this was the biggest thing for me, the format makes it a bit hard to read. I don't really know how to explain it, but it all seems very cluttered and disorganized. Maybe this is just me being nitpicky.

Oh sorry one last thing, maybe this is a typo, but instead of saying core oceans when you are talking about 44, 45, 54, and 55 you call them the rim oceans. Those are the core oceans, this may just be a typo though.

Anyway don't take any of this personally just trying to give some constructive criticism. Good effort making the paper I know the amount of time it takes to secure interviews with other players and what not. Plus rep for the paper, was still a nice read :)

edit: appears I must spread some rep first, I owe you some rep and will get it to you later.

DeletedUser30490

Thanx bend,
ill do my best with the next one :)
thanx for the criticism though appreciate it

DeletedUser20921

Just a few criticisms, for one it is really really long, its a lot of reading. I may only speak for myself, but I don't think people want to read such a long paper, it gets kind of repetitive.

Which brings me to my next point, ask different players/alliances different questions, for the most part your questions were very generic and repetitive to everyone. Try to personalize your questions a bit. Also it seems your questions are asking about pacts and what not, most alliances are not willing to comment publicly about that for the time being.

Third do more than just the interviews, interviews are nice to read, but maybe add a few headlines and small comments by yourself on the state of things. That would help to change it up a bit imo.

Fourth and this was the biggest thing for me, the format makes it a bit hard to read. I don't really know how to explain it, but it all seems very cluttered and disorganized. Maybe this is just me being nitpicky.

Oh sorry one last thing, maybe this is a typo, but instead of saying core oceans when you are talking about 44, 45, 54, and 55 you call them the rim oceans. Those are the core oceans, this may just be a typo though.

Anyway don't take any of this personally just trying to give some constructive criticism. Good effort making the paper I know the amount of time it takes to secure interviews with other players and what not. Plus rep for the paper, was still a nice read :)

edit: appears I must spread some rep first, I owe you some rep and will get it to you later.
+1 totally agree

DeletedUser6378

Druvi I like it. I don't think it is to long at all. I actually would have liked to see more to it. You only interviewed 2 alliances. Thats cool but i would have liked to see maybe 5 alliances. Also a suggestion to help make it smaller with more info. Instead of repeating what the questions were for each alliance. Put the quotes from each leader under the question then the next leaders quote under the previous one. That way we only read the question 1 time and can see everybody view on that question together.

As for interviewing individual players. Your the first person i have seen do that, and i really liked that addition. Keep up the good work.

I would +rep you but it wont let me. I don't -rep people and don't find enough people to + rep.

DeletedUser10810

this is really good stuff Druvi...

LoWkeY said:
Druvi I like it. I don't think it is to long at all. I actually would have liked to see more to it. You only interviewed 2 alliances. Thats cool but i would have liked to see maybe 5 alliances. Also a suggestion to help make it smaller with more info. Instead of repeating what the questions were for each alliance. Put the quotes from each leader under the question then the next leaders quote under the previous one. That way we only read the question 1 time and can see everybody view on that question together.

As for interviewing individual players. Your the first person i have seen do that, and i really liked that addition. Keep up the good work.

I also think the same....dont stress much abt size..we like to see informations like this more... :D :D

DeletedUser30490

cool guys,
btw lowkey i didnt get what you meant in
Lowkey said:
Also a suggestion to help make it smaller with more info. Instead of repeating what the questions were for each alliance. Put the quotes from each leader under the question then the next leaders quote under the previous one. That way we only read the question 1 time and can see everybody view on that question together.

DeletedUser

Believe he means this

Originally Posted by JamboCaz
My focus always has been and always will be The Krypteia Family, my own personal gain is insignificant in comparison.

Originally Posted by VriendP
It's very hard to keep up with our number one player, locutusofborg. We share our first island and I watched him grow from the beginning. It's really amazing what this guy can do. I guess you could say that my goal is to follow in his footsteps and have fun doing that. It's not about the rank for me, it's about having fun. So it's not really a competition.

DeletedUser6378

example

"why?"

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Diane of Kefalonia
Malicious will probably go to war with everyone, because their profile says that they don't do Diplomacy.

There are always pacts. At this time we are not interested in who is friends with whom.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Th3K1ndr3dAny major alliances that are close to each other will most likely go to war when conquest starts, unless they agree to some sort of a cooperation or a NAP. What can be a higher priority goal than to eliminate one's strongest opponent in the area?

I haven't seen any leaders talking about pacts. The talk is of fighting and conquering. I don't have contacts in other alliances (I wish) so I'm not going to guess who is or will be allied to whom.

Then go to the next question so you don't repeat the questions

DeletedUser19042

One note...if you see the map, bend, then you'll see that on this world Ocean 45 and 55 are rim AND core oceans. Because of the glitch remember?
Check the map, Druvi is not wrong by calling them rim oceans. (he is wrong about the others however) But might have been a typo, as you said.

Just thought to clarify.

J

DeletedUser

They are still technically core oceans. Core means the center/starting point of the world. Has nothing to do with how populated an area is or the surrounding area.

DeletedUser19042

I did not say that either.

Give me the defnitition of a rim ocean. Then you'll see that this also applies to these oceans. :)
I did not say you are wrong. I just said Druvi isn't wrong either.

DeletedUser

[VriendP OF Wolf Pact

3*** Even though you wont be able to catch your own teammate will you ever support him?

_

hmmmmm soo "The Fallen" leader rank 2 wonder until how long he can hold the position...

JamboCaz OF Krypteia

Hey Jambo, it's time to unlol. I just figured something out about you, the number one player in Krypteia, The Great Allmighty JamboCaz. So you have 6 cities, but only 7384 BP. Your BP converts into 24 culture points, 6 points short of the required 30 culture points needed to occupy 6 cities.

To my limited understanding, only 1 conclusion is possible: The Greatest Warrior of Gela's #1 Alliance is spamming gold to gain culture. *ROFLOL*

I first thought of Krypteia as a dangerous alliance but after having a closer look, I sit back and smile.

DeletedUser

So he is using his hard-earned money to gain an edge. Big deal. It is his money, he can spend it however he wishes. He certainly has never used his gold buying to boast about his ranking nor to build himself up to be a bigger man than anyone else.

For anyone who knows JamboCaz, they know him as the man who joined Tau more than 6 months late, and ended the world as the #2 killer and was promoted to Krypteia's co-founder (mind you world tau troops could not be golded!). Jambo is easily one of the greatest Grepolis players around, early-game gold buying habits aside.

The early game says little about anyone, as Krypteia have always been the late game stars. We are the marathon men to the sprinters of this game. Revisit this topic in another 4 months, and question whether or not the BP's are appropriate for the cities currently held.

DeletedUser18705

Jambo is awesome. I've never seen such great leadership in an alliance as he, Diane and fred have given an almost 200 member alliance. VriendP, he's still the #6 attacker so he's mostly using his BP, just a little gold. locutus admitted to using gold in his interview, and we're not dumb. He may be a new player, or one just using a different user name. It doesn't matter, because I'm a SponsorPay user, and I know for a fact there isn't enough offers for him to be using just that gold. He's buying some, too. And do you realize how many gold users there are? Think of it this way. Grepolis is entertainment correct? Well it's just like any other form of entertainment then. You buy your entertainment, cable, movie theaters, video games. The only difference is in grepolis it's optional, not required to use this service. So if someone wants to use gold, let them. My only problem is when they claim they're better than everyone else because they use gold.

Edit: And also to your last comment, "At first I thought Krypteia was a dangerous alliance but after having a closer look I sit back and smile." a non-dangerous alliance has been able to take 123 cities in a couple of weeks. That's 4 times as much as any other alliance. You can say it's because we have prem players all you want, but it doesn't change the fact the stats are in our favor.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The BP achievements in Tau I cannot confirm but I'll take your word for it. Finishing all 7 WW's is also noteworthy. In spite of all of that, however, it looks like Jambo is now standing on the podium with his pants down. And that, my friends, is no less than hilarious. :)

About your taking 123 cities, it's nice and congratulations. Yet, it reeks of MRA. Entering a world as a group that's experienced and accustomed to each other, to occupy several islands at once to begin with, is something that takes players who enter solo into a world at least a few months, possibly half a year. Of course, that's completely by the rules and thus not cheating, but... isn't that an unfair advantage? Then recruiting everyone with a city over 1k points and pacting with alliances that border alliances that you can't reach yet, well... that's something I frown upon. If you then still need to use festivals to grow, well... what can I say? Pants down, boy.

I don't like Krypteia. there is no honor in their game.

DeletedUser

Jambo is awesome. I've never seen such great leadership in an alliance as he, Diane and fred have given an almost 200 member alliance. VriendP, he's still the #6 attacker so he's mostly using his BP, just a little gold. locutus admitted to using gold in his interview, and we're not dumb. He may be a new player, or one just using a different user name. It doesn't matter, because I'm a SponsorPay user, and I know for a fact there isn't enough offers for him to be using just that gold. He's buying some, too. And do you realize how many gold users there are? Think of it this way. Grepolis is entertainment correct? Well it's just like any other form of entertainment then. You buy your entertainment, cable, movie theaters, video games. The only difference is in grepolis it's optional, not required to use this service. So if someone wants to use gold, let them. My only problem is when they claim they're better than everyone else because they use gold.

Edit: And also to your last comment, "At first I thought Krypteia was a dangerous alliance but after having a closer look I sit back and smile." a non-dangerous alliance has been able to take 123 cities in a couple of weeks. That's 4 times as much as any other alliance. You can say it's because we have prem players all you want, but it doesn't change the fact the stats are in our favor.

Well, I know there is no way to convince anyone that I am not a different player under a different name, now that I have learned you can do that, so I won't try. But I will say that I don't know why it's bad to use gold. It's a resource, like anything else. I will say that I have bought gold once since the interview, but no, before that I hadn't, so I'm not sure how you "know for a fact" that there wasn't enough free gold since I got almost 10k gold before purchasing it once. I love people that state facts as facts when they aren't facts at all, just someone's opinion, shows extreme arrogance and narrow mindedness.