Discussion 4 Day Beginner's Protection

Zarun-

Strategos
I've noticed last couple worlds have had 4 days on beginners protection. Am I the only one who thinks this is way too short?

I've spoken to other players and they think it is a poor idea as well. Some worlds have had 7-8 day BP and that seems ideal.

Does inno plan on going with shorter BP periods from here on out or was this just a coincidence?

What do you guys think about it?

Last edited:

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Well we try to get settings the community wants and we've been complained to about long BP quite a bit in the past. Players felt that it slowed down the start of worlds as you had to sit and wait for days before you could fight. Though I'm sure we can try for a longer BP again in the future if people want it.

Zarun-

Strategos
Understood. It is difficult to satisfy such a large group of people. You guys do a good job of trying at it.

You make a good point, 7/8 days is a bit long but 4 is pretty short. Maybe something more in the middle?

DeletedUser46395

I think 4 days is too short, and is probably bad business for Inno in the long run - too many people get conquered straight out of BP and quit the game. Yes, I'm always raring for a fight however long BP is, but I would say 6 days gives newbies a chance of fighting.

Key for me is to keep varying it, not have too many in a row with the same BP length.

DeletedUser

A question!

Greetings! I'm a newbie in this game, although I have played a game that's similar to Grepolis before.

But what I want to ask is: I have prolonged the action of 'Happiness' a couple of minutes ago accidentally. Can you cancel it and return 20 gold to me, please?

Thank you very much in advance!

DeletedUser5819

Greetings! I'm a newbie in this game, although I have played a game that's similar to Grepolis before.

But what I want to ask is: I have prolonged the action of 'Happiness' a couple of minutes ago accidentally. Can you cancel it and return 20 gold to me, please?

Thank you very much in advance!
I am not sure how you turned up here with that, but you would need to send in a ticket to ask anything about gold issues on your account.
You can send in a ticket by clicking the cog icon on the top right of your screen and choosing the ?Support option......However I can tell you now that the answer will be "no".....

DeletedUser

dose anyone know when the next new world is going to be lunched

Aicy

Strategos
I think 4 days is too long on worlds with island quests! :p

They speed up the pace of the game so much that 4 days is pretty much comparable to 7 days on old worlds.

DeletedUser5819

I have found the same as Aicy since Island Quests, but its good to have variety, and at the risk of being noobist, speed 1 worlds with morale are probs a great place for 8 day BP.

DeletedUser

4 days stops 95% of people being able to conquest out of BP, which gives much more room for sparring strategy before conquest. While the times to get to conquest have dwindled dramatically (Largely to do with the tutorial), the BP has not previously budged with it. 4 day BP makes the game fairer for all.

DeletedUser

it depends on world speed as well though. On speed 3 it is fair but on speed 1 it is not. As a whole i think a long BP is better than a short one.

DeletedUser13436

I am playing on Nysa and still in beginner's protection and I cant wait till I get to attack. Fortunately I can spy and it seems I am having enough troops to clear every city on the island, including several who have came out of BP, but I can't attack. I have to wait 36 hours. True I cant conquer anything yet but farming other cities is what aids development towards a colony ship.....
P.S. Nysa is a speed 3 world, keep that in mind.

Aicy

Strategos
?

You can attack people who are out of beginners protection when you are still in it yourself, can't you?
I did it several times with harpies on Olynthus just a week or two ago,