A ban on Bp boosting

Myrddin Emyrs

Phrourach
This is where a player leaves his alliance and gets fed bps so that they wont get penalised and their losses are minimum, i believe this ruins the game, should be a penalty of 72hrs when you leave your alliance so that you cant benefit from this, it ruins the game for those who are trying to play properly and who actually attack the enemy instead of being boosted up by their alliance mates and might actually turn the game back into an attack based game instead of all the hugging i have seen recently

-John25-

Phrourach
That's an interesting idea. People would then be vulnerable for some time if they really want the bp, so having a minimum time period before the amount of earned bp gets back to normal would make it more realistic and challenging.

NutsNBoltz

Strategos
there's no real way to combat this. people have done it for years, capping the tokens is a good start, but I don't see why people feed bp at all

Lethal-Bacon

Polemarch
bp feeding has been reduced by a lot the moment they shifted how 2x bp tokens work by not counting transports and cs's, anything else just is not as profitable as that was bp boosting wise.

"flagging" each player when he leaves ally not to be able to get bp by attacking his previous team would mess up the way grepo works especially when your team is nearly dead and you jump ship, what, you arent allowed to hit your ex team for bp then?

it would take a lot of programming work and testing to actually implement and even then people who want to bp boost would still find creative ways to go around that, so for now be happy 2x bp tokens are capped and that they dont include cs's.

Aicy

Strategos
bp feeding has been reduced by a lot the moment they shifted how 2x bp tokens work by not counting transports and cs's, anything else just is not as profitable as that was bp boosting wise.

"flagging" each player when he leaves ally not to be able to get bp by attacking his previous team would mess up the way grepo works especially when your team is nearly dead and you jump ship, what, you arent allowed to hit your ex team for bp then?

it would take a lot of programming work and testing to actually implement and even then people who want to bp boost would still find creative ways to go around that, so for now be happy 2x bp tokens are capped and that they dont include cs's.

In this scenario the "flagging" to notify the mod that this person has violated the rule of bp boosting wouldn't happen, since they left their alliance and joined another one - not left and then rejoined the same alliance.

Good idea OP I think it should be against the rules. Even if it's not well enforced just making it agains the rules and banning some people would cause a reduction in bp boosting.

pyropirate

Chiliarch
eh but i dont think mods would do anything against it even if you flagged it. and would internalising also be bannable to leave ally to clear your previous teammate?

im a fan of banning bp boosting aswell but dont see how it could happen

Reimu Hakurei

Chiliarch
BP is overrated, just a number for show that lost its meaning due to BP boosting, 2x / 4x BP tokens, and great arming available very easily. Back in old days you could get few chances at 2x BP token throughout entire world, you would store it and wait for good opportunity to use it. Now you can fill your inventory with it during every event (and events are much more frequent as well), and be on 2x BP basically 24/7... Entire fighter ranking lost its integrity...

Aicy

Strategos
Back in the old old days and there was no inventory / tokens at all!

I defo agree, you used to be able to look at BP rankings and it meant something a lot more than it does now

prb2759

Peltast
There is a way I can think of, similar to the old farming system.. When a player leaves an alliance, their battle points drops to 20% and gets 1% an hour (speed 1). This would be 80 hours on speed 1 and 20 hours on speed 4. Could lower it to like .5% if wanted a longer penalty. So every hour that passes the player gets 1% more battle points until they reach 100% again, and every time you leave any alliance for any reason, this clock restarts at 20% battle points.

prb2759

Peltast
You could also program it so that you only get the penalty for attacking people from the alliance you were previously in or pact with unless you join an enemy alliance. Clearing an inactive ally should still have the penalty in my opinion. I also thinking the clan who the player was with should also be penalized unless they move to an enemy clan.

Beer Wench

Phrourach
I've always wanted the fighter rankings to not include any token buff. You still get the bp for slots, but not rankings. Also to the OP if you capped alliance exits/entrances it might help. EX. first change is instant, next one CD of 8 hours, 3rd 12 hours etc or whatever time frame makes sense.

DeletedUser35722

This is where a player leaves his alliance and gets fed bps so that they wont get penalised and their losses are minimum, i believe this ruins the game, should be a penalty of 72hrs when you leave your alliance so that you cant benefit from this, it ruins the game for those who are trying to play properly and who actually attack the enemy instead of being boosted up by their alliance mates and might actually turn the game back into an attack based game instead of all the hugging i have seen recently
I disagree

Seriko Lee

Lochagos
I have to disagree, it's more about common interests and goals that is why people leave factions because their goals is different