A dying alliance?

DeletedUser

A while ago, I joined a small alliance called the greeks elite, I joined because the leader had messaged me personally asking me to join and he often helped my city out even before I joined.The leader, nice as ever, made me diplomat of the alliance even when I only had about 300 points, simply because I volunteered to do it. As diplomat, I have become increasingly concerned with the size of my alliance, many people continue to leave it and go to bigger alliances. I'm afraid that the greeks elite may shrink away to nothing. Can anyone help? Do you have any tips on how to grow my alliance? Much appreciated.

DeletedUser

Being as the map is already populated, starting a new alliance now will be very difficult. You will have to find a way to appeal to existing members and offer them something their alliance doesn't. It could be as simple as a better geographic sphere of influence (i.e. your alliance is closer to them), or could be a better sense of community, more organization, better communication via ventrillo/skype/off-site forums etc.

If that doesn't work, then you need to really dedicated yourself to diplomacy and make friends with those alliances near you so that you have a chance to grow. Diplomacy was the area I initially ignored and it nearly got my alliance wiped out.

You also have to ask yourself why do you want to start your own alliance? What do you gain by doing it if there are other alliances that can offer you the things you are looking for.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Another option is to have your group join one of those alliances and personally work your way up into the leadership.
Active, intelligent and coherent are usually all the traits you need to succeed.
By gaining a place in the leadership, you can look out for your old alliance using the better support network of the larger alliance.

If you are haemorrhaging members, maybe you should find out what that problem is first before focusing on replacing them.
It could be something as simple as proximity to other members (recruit near them/direct player growth), threat of other alliances (pacts/allies/mergers) or something more tricky like, lack of member activity or little communication.

DeletedUser

A while ago, I joined a small alliance called the greeks elite, I joined because the leader had messaged me personally asking me to join and he often helped my city out even before I joined.The leader, nice as ever, made me diplomat of the alliance even when I only had about 300 points, simply because I volunteered to do it. As diplomat, I have become increasingly concerned with the size of my alliance, many people continue to leave it and go to bigger alliances. I'm afraid that the greeks elite may shrink away to nothing. Can anyone help? Do you have any tips on how to grow my alliance? Much appreciated.

what you do is you ask him to make you able to invite then you invite about all the members on 3 islands near u then you tell them to invite close allias

DeletedUser

Well all I can say is you have 2 approches
1. Get stronger and look better to others so they will join
2. Try to look impressive by inviting everyone, it will be like a snowball the more the people that join the more that will want to join (Try not to get to many in an alliance or you'll be an MRA like the Hogs of Destiny and everyone will attack you)

I personally think you should go with the 1rst one then the second, try to limit your members to around 100.

DeletedUser

Thank you all for the advise! I will try some of these if it doesn't work maybe its time for a new alliance...

DeletedUser909

Just a reminder to all players that have posted in this thread.

This is not a chat room. You wish to chat, take it elsewhere.