Pnp A few pointers ~Guide how to fight an Active Alliance

DeletedUser29916

Hello everyone,

For those who don't know me... I am Chilluminati founder of Sinope crown winning alliance Holy Mayhem and currently working as a consultant for The Syndicate council.

I'm going to take the liberty to write some thoughts down in a not so cohesive manner. Do bare with me as I suspect it will be interesting.

It has come to The Syndicate leaderships attention that a lot of people feel it is impossible to fight an alliance like The Syndicate. When I say like this, I do not mean a goldwhoring, goldabusing bunch of brainless monkeys, no I mean a well motivated, very active and very experienced team of players.

To start this very short guide off let us think back a few weeks to The Syndicate's first OP against the Barbarians. Everyone who followed this event a little bit clearly saw Barbarians did not have a chance. So happens to be that while looking at The Barbarian roster after their dimise I came across one of my old teammates. This bright fighter had played with me at the start of Sinope and helped me out both on the battlefield as internal alliance affairs. Push came to shove and TS invited him in to see that he can continue this world with full potential. We, afterall, diden't come close to the alliance cap so we went with it.

This is how I came to hear about Barbarians reaction to our OP.
As part of the guide, here are some key thoughts to remember when being OPed by an Active Alliance (in casus TS).
First off, when landing right beside an AA (Active Alliance) it would be smart to adapt instantly. Look for safety, focus on defense. Building up a cave and temple only makes you look like a better target (Yes, Timothy this one is for you ;) ).
Secondly, as leaders you should not be posting up your revolts, keep your forum clean and count on your trusted players to help you defend. You will worry the alliance which will decrease morale if you do. As all Barbarian leaders where hit to be taken out in the first wave, chaos and demoralisation was what followed. Activity was at an all time low and instantly talks about re-locating where the topic of the day.
Third, and this should have been obvious, I adivse every alliance around to focus on Sniping and counter-OP. I mean, I haven't slept this well in over a year.. When will someone track down my offense? Anyway.. we have not seen any decent snipe. I understand a lot of the smaller players are up to 20-30 birs right now and yes we have some full build LS nukes.. Still snipe with OLU / Birs EN MASSE (ie organised - active).

Intermezzo: TS has seen multiple arguments about our full nukes, I will explain how we did it. Not only did we use what Erik has explained here: https://forum.en.grepolis.com/forumdisplay.php?487-World-Emporion-%28en88%29. I mean the ritual wedding part. We also asked ALL of our players to send resources during 3-4 days to our top 5 players. We did not force this on anyone, we did not say how many, we just said if you have spare resources send them and do it in the ratio 50% - 10% - 40%.
http://prntscr.com/9jcwnt for MM. In return we made sure we had the ritual of summoning the neroids active. You can do the math and see how much we had to actually pay - resource wise - to create these nukes. THIS IS WHAT AN ACTIVE AND COHERENT TEAM PLAYS LIKE

Next on the agenda I will enlighten a bit about growing as an alliance.
Their is basically two ways in grepolis to grow an alliance, either you invite a lot of players in combination with internalising inactives. OR you make sure your players can defend themselves, improve building up the core and take bigger cities then their point average. As everyone can see, TS has laid off a few players one of which can now be found in The Brotherhood ie Fireflame. Now this guy is a diffirent story, he has little to no clear vision of how this game is played and lacks loyalty. He does ok on the battlefield but he is one of those people that can make your alliance defense fall. Your alliances defense is only as strong as it's weakest link. In our case OldMexicanGuy.

When one choses to take in every semi-decent player and pact every alliance around them this has serious consequences. Hence their will be NO FOOD ON THE TABLE. If an alliance leadership invite every player that is 3000 points big into the alliance then how are you supposed to grow... keep in mind SPEED 1.

As an example I took some pictures of some friends of mine who r clearly doing it wrong:
http://prntscr.com/9jczue Plohish
http://prntscr.com/9jd07w Im Blaze

It's all about teamwork and if you don't have the possibility to take bigger cities you are just feeding your enemy. I think this is an important lesson to be learned in modern day grepolis. Furthermore, if you go with the cuddling way of grepolis, the fighters you have will get bored and by the time ww comes you will be weak.

Food for thought: Why has an alliance that complains about gold abuse and in correnspondance to this, myth nuke abuse not authorized ALL it's players to change god to Poseidon... Let me tell you why, because you guys are playing like always and thinking you would have what it takes. You are not even TRYING. You are not USING THOSE BRAINS YOU ALL HAVE. Experience counts for nothing when you can't even use it.

As a last pointer of today I would like to conclude this little advisory guide with talking about what happened to another player I played with in another world: Riban Snikej.
Mr. Riban or Rib as friends call him is a top notch player who dropped in o44 and set up his own little alliance with some old friends (except you, The Leprechaun, you r just annoying eh). While being under pressure from both New Toon Alliance and The Brotherhood these guys were forced to fold and then recruited by mr Im Blaze himself. This "Blaze" thanks Riban and co for joining them by hanging them out to try. Kicking them right before peacetime went off and having made an underhanded deal with The Brotherhood leadership that these players could be picked out and eaten instantly.

Well now, I see Blaze wondering, what is the lesson to be learned here? The lesson is my dear friends that this is no way a leader builds any trust from his member base. Ethics and morales are as important in Grepolis as outside. You will be judged on your actions and hanging random players out to dry is just not the way to do it.

I realise I have given out some of my alliances "secret tactics" and I hope everyone understand I do this mainly to bring back the competivity to grepolis and as an honest attempt of improving overall gameplay. Secondly I hope most of you will understand the kind of humour I have tried to put in words.

I wish you all good luck in Emporion, the road is long :)

Happy New Year!

PS: New Toon Alliance leaders please stop talking about GHOSTING. Turtle up, use your brains, train your players, fight, survive and who knows you might even win. Asking us for a 1 month peacetime in order to be able to fight us is just so wrong. With outmost respect, Chill

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser50070

Ethics and morales are as important in Grepolis as outside
So kick out a player you have been playing with for the pass year for no legit reason apart from the fact I lost cities in sinope because u refused to support me and support others instead...

DeletedUser23413

We talked about this, mate. Just because of your challenging style didn't suit us so much. Happy new year :)

DeletedUser50070

We talked about this, mate. Just because of your challenging style didn't suit us so much. Happy new year :)

happy new year leo! look me msging u after gael kicked me doesn't rlly make it better I still have no reason y I was kicked I only guess its cos I don't like mungus and I lost cities in sinope...

DeletedUser30967

+ Rep

If only more people understood this! The game would be much more fun and competitive - like the days of old before everyone knew everyone! :pro:

DeletedUser25923

Chilluminati as usual your supposed answer to how to defend against an adversary like TS is absolutely BS. You have not offered any real suggestions and your use of the English language is deplorable. I would suggest that you would refrain on posting any of your future diatribe in this forum.

Oh & Happy New Year everyone

DeletedUser29916

Chilluminati as usual your supposed answer to how to defend against an adversary like TS is absolutely BS. You have not offered any real suggestions and your use of the English language is deplorable. I would suggest that you would refrain on posting any of your future diatribe in this forum.

Oh & Happy New Year everyone

Feel free to correct me. I'm sure you are aware the Englisch language is not my first language. I would love to see you write a long text like this in French, German or Dutch with as little mistakes as me.

If you read it well you would see a lot of pointers are in it.
- Turtle up
- Focus on birs
- SNIPE only (obviously do not put DLU in a wall under 15)
- Think outside the box on how to use spell tokens most effieciently
- Don't mass recruit as you will take away your core players food

Lastly you say as usual but I can not recall we having talked ever before or that you have replied to me before.

@ Chris: yeah he really should have but you know Oldmex.. he's been hiding ;)

DeletedUser37793

Thank you for your thoughts on how to to really play this game.
With a little more work it should go into the WIKI Guides.
Advice given is just enough to have players and leaders still have to think about their game-play and leadership style.

DeletedUser24285

Chill - I respect you as a player and as a leader -but are you getting a liittle beyond yourself here, it sounds as if you want to be known as a Diety or Guru of Grepolis - quite simply in this department, I have known better. But you have proved yourself as a leader in Sinope (even if your opposition did self-distruct) and you deserve respect for that.

DeletedUser29916

Not trying to get beyond myself here mate but you should see this world. It's no fun if you don't have any opposition and have to fight against constant chatter about your alliance gold use and that nothing can be done against us.

This was an honest shot at trying to light up a public discussion about how to actually play this game and against an alliance as TS. Seems to not have worked out but it was worth a shot.

Thank you for the kind words Font, happy new year to you and yours :)

Edit: I have no intention to be calling myself a Grepolegend Erik Style lol. Hoped some more constructive reactions would be posted.. maybe the players are clueless bout Toon leadership has been threatning us with ghosting for a few weeks now and that just makes me sad.

DeletedUser48572

Chill..you're corny...get over yourself.

Bill Cosby/Urkel jokes=Chill..

I thought your post was lame. You're lame. Your crew is lame.

DeletedUser48572

You know what i find hilarious..your leaders posting pms on externals and them blocking players when they don't like what they hear.

DeletedUser48572

You're acting like the big boss around here...i think these questions are fair.

DeletedUser

Chill..you're corny...get over yourself.

Bill Cosby/Urkel jokes=Chill..

I thought your post was lame. You're lame. Your crew is lame.

Heres a pledge for everyone to make this new year....
2qnvzna.jpg