A few thoughts about the end game in Nu

DeletedUser

Not that anyone has asked but here are my thoughts about the end game as every time I click on the World Wonders Tab I'm reminded that the age of wonders comes in four months. I rather naively started playing this game back in December 2011 when I was intrigued by an add showing a Disneyworld version of Zeus in an add advertising the game. I always resisted similar ads for Evony as they showed full busted maidens with a bit too much cleavage which I assumed were used to lure unsuspecting junior high school age males. Zeus seemed a bit different so I thought I would give Nu a try.

After 16 months (how is that possible) I've learned a lot about on line games and a certain amount of people who play them -- which appears to be mostly males of all ages.

So where's Nu at the end of March 2012.

Well to start of here's the map, showing the four major alliances:

http://en13.grepolismaps.org/b98d3b7eb9532f24482a6870729197c4

In case you haven't looked at the map before and the geography isn't obvious, TE is White, The 13th is light blue, The Dukes are Red and DY is Green.

It's pretty clear from the map that my alliance, DY has the worse slice of the Nu pie. We have three fronts and unfortunately they are all active. For some reason, possibly as payback for something we all did in a past life we are at war with TE AND The 13th AND the Dukes.

This would be bad enough just in and of itself. However after extensive gazing at the map I have to conclude that in fact the 13th and TE are in bed with each other, or at least have a very tight pact. Why do I think this? Because otherwise it would make no sense for TE to only be at war with us. They have a very nice border with the 13th but no a single city has changed hands between those two alliance in quite a while (check colonizations in Grepostats).

A similar pact likely exists with the Dukes, or at least the Dukes have a pact with the 13th because again, there's been no city takeovers from one alliance to the other for quite a while.

Given the geography the Dukes and TE can't be at it at the moment because they don't share a border.

However the current activity of war against DY on three fronts and a complete lack of aggression between the other three large alliances gives me all the data I need to formulate the hypothesis that all three are currently pacted.

My hypothesis regarding the next phase of the war will begin once the 162 combined players of the three alliance whittle away at the 63 DY players down. Let me parenthetically add I am awed by the 2.6 to 1 odds here. At that point whatever DY players are left standing will join either the Dukes or TE based mostly on geographic considerations. Any players left standing are going to be useful to the end game and I doubt we will be shunned based on our original origins.

The second thing that will happen is that TE and the 13th will merge. Frankly the 13th isn't that good (sorry guys, you aren't). We don't lose cities to the 13th except for some that were too remote to reasonably defend. Of course with the battle fatigue that comes with 2.6 to 1 odds, who knows what may happen. So the 13th isn't going to try and fight with TE. Furthermore when we've tried to take cities from the 13th we've found a huge amount of defense there, quite out of proportion of what you would expect 40 odd players to muster. Either they are extraordinarily good at defending or they have help from geographically friendly cities.

Then the final war will be between TE and the Dukes, who at that point will each occupy about 1/2 of Nu. The rest of the alliances will be largely irrelevant (sorry guys) because you don't need to own every city to win, you just need to get it together to build your world wonders.

And that's my prediction. I do predictions for a living. I regularly review data and formulate hypothesis and I'm pretty good at it. I have almost 100 peer reviewed publications resulting from experiments I did after formulating a hypothesis or two or three.

I guess in a couple of months we'll find out if I'm right or not. But if it happens you heard it here first.

In any case the game is definitely worth the 28 cents a day I spend to buy premium. And BTW I'm planning to fight on! I went to med school when the ratio of men to women was 6.6 to 1 so I've faced more challenging obstacles.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Frankly the 13th isn't that good (sorry guys, you aren't). We don't lose cities to the 13th except for some that were too remote to reasonably defend

Wonder Island to remote???

from the 13th we've found a huge amount of defense there, quite out of proportion of what you would expect 40 odd players to muster. Either they are extraordinarily good at defending or they have help from geographically friendly cities.

You would be surprised :)

DeletedUser

Wow insult after inusult, And stop moaning . the 13th legion have been at war with multiple alliances since day one and were still here. We havent had the luxury of sitting back and putting festivals on for City slots ....As you can see from the ABP and DBP Stats . You cannot sim forever.
The 13th legion as a whole are more than capiable of defending in large numbers if needed be, but you havent really come at us with anything yet ....Apart fron Danlwar who is fighting this whole war on his own .....dont see him moaning and throwing his toys outta his pram and making wild accusations about what we are and what we are not :)

And Danlwar has cities outta his borders but he is capiable of defending with style .......so if your not up to the job mate , JU are always looking for players to be trained up lmao :)
I have been in Nu since the beggining and you lot have all been in bed with each other espcially when PAMBO was around you all jumped in with her ....lol. And the only one to say up yours was Graeme 0161 ( rebel trying to get out )
TYIme to sort the men form the boys i guess .....( and the women out there :) where ever you are :)
King

DeletedUser22431

Did you think that changing your name from Shadows Fall to Damn Yankees would make people forget the wars you started? I can't speak for 13th & TE but I know you started on Dukes.
We have all fought multiple wars against major alliances; it is what separates the weak from the strong. We fought 13th, SF & others simultaneously & came out stronger because we stood and we fought, we didn't run away to VM while the rest of our alliance took a beating.
Enjoy the fight; this world was in danger of going stale.

DeletedUser

Would I be right in thinking that DY was formed from a merge with ex-Adrenaline and SF players

Would I also be right in thinking that Adrenaline had been formed from ex- players of Nightmare Spartans which was formerly The Tigers of War (those alliances may have been the other way round I forget) and you will also be aware that TE has been at war with each of those alliances so I am surprised that you are surprised that you are war with TE

I cannot speak for other alliances but we have been totally consistent in our approach

DeletedUser

yeah,the common truth is that SF/CD/DY(whatever),opened the pandora box multiple times...so calling now our Brightside to come out wouldnt help a lot i think;-)

*by the way what SF tried to do was surely heroic(open fire to anything that moves)but it couldnt be accoplished with a 40 members crew(PB did that in Corinth but it is a much easier server,close to a joke complaring to the original Nu,and PB have a 100-130 members squad)
but i have to credit you for your skills and some great players that wore the SF t-shirt along all this way..
soon the red lights will go off and the fireworks will light the skies;-)
Nu shall liven up again;-)

cheers
steve

DeletedUser

Did you think that changing your name from Shadows Fall to Damn Yankees would make people forget the wars you started? I can't speak for 13th & TE but I know you started on Dukes.
We have all fought multiple wars against major alliances; it is what separates the weak from the strong. We fought 13th, SF & others simultaneously & came out stronger because we stood and we fought, we didn't run away to VM while the rest of our alliance took a beating.
Enjoy the fight; this world was in danger of going stale.

Higgi do I look like JayBog? Tommy Knight? Any of the old leadership? Fight for your Life?

I left because I was entirely disappointed with the leadership of SF. On January 1, i quit. Dan quit. Not only couldn't we see any evidence of caring or a winning strategy but two of the people who I had played the most with left, I think because they were disgusted with what was happening. This included Epist and NickRhymes and Fight himself.

Do you know what happened afterwards? A few of the SF players who were equally disappointed joined Jaybog reset his account! He had an alliance behind him and he abandoned them.

No we're not SF, we never were SF. I neither started wars with you, I didn't participate in the wars with you and frankly I thought the wars with you were entirely senseless.

Cheers.

DeletedUser

yeah,the common truth is that SF/CD/DY(whatever),opened the pandora box multiple times...so calling now our Brightside to come out wouldnt help a lot i think;-)

Frankly SF "sucked" pretty badly because by last fall they had no strategy. They started on this server before anyone expected wonders and I guess the problem was they couldn't adapt.

DY never declared any wars or open any "boxes."

I give you guys a lot of credit -- I saw those wonder islands going up when I was in SF. The SF strategy was so bad that they couldn't even site a wonder island. Duh, that was just great. Let's war with the Dukes, let's take every ghost of every disappointed inactive player and lets forget about the fact that the only way to win this thing is to build wonder islands.

DeletedUser

Wow insult after inusult, And stop moaning . the 13th legion have been at war with multiple alliances since day one and were still here. We havent had the luxury of sitting back and putting festivals on for City slots ....As you can see from the ABP and DBP Stats . You cannot sim forever.
The 13th legion as a whole are more than capiable of defending in large numbers if needed be, but you havent really come at us with anything yet ....Apart fron Danlwar who is fighting this whole war on his own .....dont see him moaning and throwing his toys outta his pram and making wild accusations about what we are and what we are not :)

And Danlwar has cities outta his borders but he is capiable of defending with style .......so if your not up to the job mate , JU are always looking for players to be trained up lmao :)
I have been in Nu since the beggining and you lot have all been in bed with each other espcially when PAMBO was around you all jumped in with her ....lol. And the only one to say up yours was Graeme 0161 ( rebel trying to get out )
TYIme to sort the men form the boys i guess .....( and the women out there :) where ever you are :)
King

I'm not moaning. I'm stating the facts. You are a tool of TE! If the end game happens and you haven't joined together as an alliance, then I will have been wrong.

DeletedUser

LOL goins, you are fluent in english -- it is your native language. You can tell exactly what it is. You aren't denying that you are frankly in bed with the 13th and likely running their ops for them.

DeletedUser

well erato,server closes down when player number drops under 300(originally it was supposed to be 1000 but Innogames decided to make one more change)..by making the 4/7 or 7/7 wonders built you get a Master of Nu or Ruler of Nu and a crown added to your profile like the one i have,since my alliance beat epsilon race by miles,but wars keep goin on till player limit is under 300;-)

*By the way JayBog ghosted due to the born of DY as far as i know...when a buch of peeps decided to sell SF crew...

DeletedUser

Would I be right in thinking that DY was formed from a merge with ex-Adrenaline and SF players

Would I also be right in thinking that Adrenaline had been formed from ex- players of Nightmare Spartans which was formerly The Tigers of War (those alliances may have been the other way round I forget) and you will also be aware that TE has been at war with each of those alliances so I am surprised that you are surprised that you are war with TE

I cannot speak for other alliances but we have been totally consistent in our approach

SF wasn't formed as a merge of ex-Adrenaline and SF players. Here's the history:

On January 1, DanlWar and I left SF. In the previous few days several of the large account players had gone ghost, and those were the folks I had played with. One of them was Epist who was a committed player but talked to much to TE. Jay made him a founder in the fall, at least in part because Jay lost interest in the game. Epist is also a really nice guy, and he wanted consensus, not war, which isn't a good thing if you are playing war game.

Over the next couple of days a few SF players started to join our ranks. At the same time Jaybog who was the founder of SF reset his account and made a couple of remaining people founders. I think most of the remaining SF players were pretty shocked by this development as Jaybog had a large account and still led a large group of people. Before leaving he designated a couple of founders including Plamenis, who showed real interest in his players and tried to keep the alliance together. However by that point other players were disillusioned by either V2.0 or Jay's disappearance "into thin air and also quit or declared vacation mode with no intent to ever return. Those with continued interest in playing joined DY. Adrenaline players in the south became interested.

DY wasn't a merge, wasn't any kind of natural continuation of SF and takes no responsibility for any of the approaches SF took. Furthermore Adrenaline had already split into a couple of different alliances, I think Sun-Tzu and MoB (minions of Buttfungus) so there isn't any continuity there either.

I learned a lot from SF players, especially early on, especially from people who after developing large accounts, including epist and NickRhymes. On the other hand SF barely accepted me for membership because I didn't fit their exclusive criteria -- I only was admitted because I'd become friendly with King-of-Kings, quite by accident who pleaded my case.

SF had some moments of greatness including an early and amazing lead. Unfortunately by the time they declared the first war on TE, in May 2011 strategy, was already a mess.

I have no idea what the evolution of alliances in the south were. I remember the Tigers of War early on as a promising emerging alliance, I never paid attention to the Nightmare Spartans -- whoever they were.

I do know that the last "strike" against SF was an attempt to merge with Adrenaline which was pretty skillfully nixed -- I think by the TE leadership.

Whatever you think of DY, we're not SF, SF is long gone into the history of the server...... My only regret was not realizing that I should have left months earlier.

DeletedUser

LOL goins, you are fluent in english -- it is your native language. You can tell exactly what it is. You aren't denying that you are frankly in bed with the 13th and likely running their ops for them.

erato, erato, erato....

This is the same message we get as a PM every time we attack someone, yours is just longer. Not sure why you felt this needed to be posted and heard. I guess you felt it was called for maybe, but I wish you hadn't. Since you have, I will try to answer any accusations your prediction has put forth, hopefully it will ease your mind and you can get back to having fun on here and stop taking it personally....

No, we have nothing to do with what any alliance in Nu decides what they as an alliance is best for them. 13th is just a group of guys/gals who are decent players surviving doing what they do, how can you put that down? We do not share ops, we do not support each other, we do share a laugh every now and then. The Dukes consider us a joke (so I have been told) and they are big enough, good enough to do whatever they want, they sure don't need an "ok" from TE.

I am sure were I to go through the members of DY conquers list I would find groups of cities taken from alliances who were in the same position you find yourself in. It all comes down to location; who has cities where we need to expand? I for one fought against attacking members of DY, but for reasons beyond me you invited our targets to join DY leaving us no option. We aren't going to get on here to run City Fests, what's the fun in that?

Our aim is to expand, not chase players from the game. We want everyone in Nu to enjoy their game time, sometimes it gets a little rough, but it is still a game meant for a simple pleasure. You comparing this game to anything that has to do with RL (med school of all things) tells me it is just not as fun for you as it used to be. Please realize we have all lost cities and had to refill those slots, no biggie, part of the game.

I don't spend money on the game, what a waste. I have just as many cities as you, still have slots to fill, and I didn't play the game for a 3 month stretch. I suppose for someone who makes it through med school and has a little extra cash to throw around, so be it, I just don't think it is necessary...

As for odds that "awe" you, seems a little diplomacy would have solved that problem before it even began. Looks like you were thinking ahead in your posts on here, but how about when you were forming the new alliance? Everything on here revolves around diplomacy, a simple message to someone and their reply will go a long way in deciding how any alliance handles their present and future (ie, invites)...

I hate to say it, but here it is: Your post could have been pretty short... "Help, my friends and I are being attacked in a war game!!!! What ever shall we do?!?"

I like and respect all the members of DY, I know you will all pull through this rough stretch stronger than before.

DeletedUser

*By the way JayBog ghosted due to the born of DY as far as i know...when a buch of peeps decided to sell SF crew...[/QUOTE]

Jaybog ghosted because he had lost interest in the game and was upset by the one significant challenge to his leadership. He had loyal players, including Plamenis and Babut that he abandoned.

DeletedUser

Goins, I'm not complaining, I'm stating the facts as I see them. I don't believe in complaining, except for one thing, DY is NOT old SF.

And I spend money on the game because I'm too old to track anything without an administrator to help me. Were I younger with more time and a more nimble brain the administrator might not be necessary. Also the 28 cents is less than I pay for my daily fix of Starbuck's coffee so I figure it's a good deal.

DeletedUser

you can always start a new account in a new server erato;-)like i have done 3-4 times so far...the latest server i joined is the 1st HW launched and so far it has some serious fun;-)Epsilon&Nu accounts are the only accounts i didnt ghost since in eps i joined the LoO wonder race wining and in Nu i have some great friends i just cant leave so simply...even if i log twice a day to hit fests and check attacks and some forums...Nu was the most enjoyable server i have played and met people that helped me get to where i am now,but the bad is that all servers die at some point,usually after 6-7 months;-(what counts is the fun you have been through and the characters you meet each time in every server;-)

DeletedUser

Goins, I'm not complaining, I'm stating the facts as I see them. I don't believe in complaining, except for one thing, DY is NOT old SF.

And I spend money on the game because I'm too old to track anything without an administrator to help me. Were I younger with more time and a more nimble brain the administrator might not be necessary. Also the 28 cents is less than I pay for my daily fix of Starbuck's coffee so I figure it's a good deal.

LOL I have never had a Starbucks coffee, is it as good as they say it is?

No, I don't think you are complaining, rather, I think you feel overwhelmed. Is alright, I remember the days of SF/TE battles when I was the only one with a group of cities along our border of 45/55 and made an easy target, saw cities attacked constantly and consistently, lost a few. Can frustrate you if you let it, but I found myself laughing about it more than anything. I was loving it, why I play the game. Never really asked for support, probably should have LOL

I am just worried that your accusations are disrespecting some players. I can honestly say 13th doesn't do anything with us in consideration. We do not pull strings, we just play the game the way we want to. I respect 13th as I do every alliance on here, every alliance is different and handles things the best way they can, another great aspect of the game; what alliances strive and how they do it internally and externally.

I am not a fan of accusations, can make people look bad, both the accuser and the accused. I hope we can stick to the facts...

DeletedUser16679

wow activity in the forum... Im no longer active on NU as im not a fan of the 3 against one, never have been even way back in the days it was 3 against 1 against 13th i moved to defense i always was too soft for this game,, served me well during the war with TE when they wanted to evict me from their ocean ( im still there ) But i felt i need to reply ( im a woman). As far as im aware the 13th have not had nor needed defensive help from other alliances. During our war with TE i had at times over 20,000 or more troops in my cities, having fought against and fought with the 13th legion i can honestly say iv never met a better bunch of guys/gals who pull defense out when needed, As for not being that good i think that is very disrespectful these guys are still standing despite being the punch bags of the server for the majority of the time NU has existed and until recently where always at war with at least 2 but mostly 3 alliances. I dont know how this world will end as i doubt ill be here at the end but inactivity will be the death of alliances more than other alliances wiping each other out.

DeletedUser

I keep seeing these "3 vs 1" comments. Why do we all think that is limited to Nu? You don't think it happens in all worlds? Every world I played in had events like what we see here and what has occurred in the past, it's just part of the game and leads to future events...

Again: "Help!!! I am playing a war game and being attacked!!!"

If you get attacked, you either prefer not to be diplomatic or want to be at war, what is there to complain about?