A few thoughts about the end game in Nu

DeletedUser

Typical women .......tiwsting a situation to benefit her own needs lmao :) quality way to get a merge ....and save ya the embarrassment of dissapearing :)
King

yeah, I'm a woman. but I'm not typical. I'm here. you on the other hand are all typical men. LOL.

DeletedUser

I hope you mean your wishes, thanks.

In terms of the "cry for help" it wasn't a cry for help, it was an analysis of the facts and a couple of predictions based on what I was seeing. I put it out there and kept my fingers crossed that TE would react exactly the way it did.

Calling it a cry for help would be like saying that when a parent tells a child that is not particularly good at math that "if you don't study for your calculus test you will fail" the parent is making a threat. She's just stating the facts.

Cheers.

I am not sure what you mean by this at all we have been totally consistent you on the other hand created this thread because you were getting beaten and you hoped that 1 or other of the alliances would be in touch in order to save your alliance from being beaten and you got a response

DeletedUser

I am not sure what you mean by this at all we have been totally consistent you on the other hand created this thread because you were getting beaten and you hoped that 1 or other of the alliances would be in touch in order to save your alliance from being beaten and you got a response
this is correct...i have to credit you for this smart move erato..youplayed your cards and it worked;-)
from having a frontseat ticket for the rim now DY will be absorted in Dukes to fight another day;-)smart indeed..

cheers
tiesto

DeletedUser

Maybe smart move from DY, but oh so wrong move from the Dukes.

They had a nice cozy life, not getting attacked by anyone and taking cities from DY after we did most of the work clearing theire defensive troops the week before.
Now theyll have to support theire 'weaker' refugees ( Oh yes, I used the word refugees) and get ready for some attacks aswell ;)

DeletedUser

Maybe smart move from DY, but oh so wrong move from the Dukes.

They had a nice cozy life, not getting attacked by anyone and taking cities from DY after we did most of the work clearing theire defensive troops the week before.
Now theyll have to support theire 'weaker' refugees ( Oh yes, I used the word refugees) and get ready for some attacks aswell ;)

It is always nice to see how different perceptions towards things manifest itself into truths. TE seem to believe DY came crying for help. Well, I can assure you that was not the case. DY never asked for anything, it was us in the Dukes that asked for a merger. So, now you might wonder why we would want such a thing. Many reasons actually, but main reason is to fight TE for final victory on this server. You have played a good game so far, and we just couldn't let you surf on in to easy victory.

Damn Yankees are an alliance filled with good players. They have been good for a long time, long before they were named DY. We in the Dukes have always had respect for these players, and now the time came, when we were to cooperate.

So, instead of laughing at erato and other DY players, sharpen your wits and battle skills. You in TE seem so certain of yourself, we in the Dukes look forward to see if you have more than words.

DeletedUser

We dont need to use words. Check out ABP and DBP and you will have your answer.

DeletedUser

It is always nice to see how different perceptions towards things manifest itself into truths. TE seem to believe DY came crying for help. Well, I can assure you that was not the case. DY never asked for anything, it was us in the Dukes that asked for a merger. So, now you might wonder why we would want such a thing. Many reasons actually, but main reason is to fight TE for final victory on this server. You have played a good game so far, and we just couldn't let you surf on in to easy victory.

Damn Yankees are an alliance filled with good players. They have been good for a long time, long before they were named DY. We in the Dukes have always had respect for these players, and now the time came, when we were to cooperate.

So, instead of laughing at erato and other DY players, sharpen your wits and battle skills. You in TE seem so certain of yourself, we in the Dukes look forward to see if you have more than words.

Its a bit strange that despite all this respect and the fact that we were already at war with DY The Dukes decided to join in and wwent to war with DY and then 2 weeks later ask for a merger wouldn't it have been better if you had suggested merger talks before going to war....odd!!!

I have total respect for most players in Nu but it is strange that erato starts this thread and then a week later you guys merge. It is clear that the 2nd and 3rd biggest alliances did not feel that they could take on TE on their own but have had to combine their alliances in order to challenge TE

DeletedUser

It is always nice to see how different perceptions towards things manifest itself into truths. TE seem to believe DY came crying for help. Well, I can assure you that was not the case. DY never asked for anything, it was us in the Dukes that asked for a merger.

You normally talk complete sense, however this whole thread was a who out there will take us in, (no matter what erato says it was a cry for help) yes you could have approached them, however I would guess you only approached them after this thread was started.
SO Erato as said earlier has done superb in her plan

So, now you might wonder why we would want such a thing. Many reasons actually, but main reason is to fight TE for final victory on this server. You have played a good game so far, and we just couldn't let you surf on in to easy victory.
Not really, you want to win the world, fair enough, but for an alliance that Hated the x zep players, more so than the 13th, they are the reason you went to war with DY, it seems very strange your welcoming them again

Damn Yankees are an alliance filled with good players. They have been good for a long time, long before they were named DY.
Very true

We in the Dukes have always had respect for these players, and now the time came, when we were to cooperate.
but stuff the ones you had good communication with off??????????????

I was laughing at Erato when she started this post, but as she got exactly what she wanted I have nothing but respect for her, she played the forum well, and landed her self and her alliance a new good alliance,

DeletedUser

I never lost interest in the game. I don't think you've ever asked me why I left, so don't speak in my name.
Tiesto was right, the reason was DY and departure of few players I really came to know and like in all that time we spent together.

I was upsed by a significant challenge to my leadership? Seriously?
If by that you mean I was feeling threatened you gotta be kidding. I even offered myself to give up my founder rights and I wanted to make Epist leader and later founder.
But if by that challenge you mean that thing that happened with Epist.. I tried to stay objective to the matter. To me what that guy said wasn't a good enough reason to start panicking about and all that drama.. All I wanted to do is to calm Epist down and tried to make things right. Before that there was an idea of war with TE that I was discussing with Tiesto and Epist clearly stated his opinion about it in the forum and all of a sudden because of something stupid we should all think ill of TE because of one's stupidity?

I always discussed everything I did with you guys and I tried to satisty everbody's needs, but if you can't take no for an answer from time to time, good luck in this game.

In the end.. I don't really care anymore. It's been at least 100 years since that time in internet years, so yeah..

I have to say to those who stayed with me till the end, I really appreciate that and I'm sorry I left like that, but I was so dissapointed with all the things that happened I simply couldn't stay and play in Nu anymore. I never lost interest in game, heck I even joined this new world, so if you get there, I'm only a message away.

Cheers,
Jay

Hey Jay,

I never asked you why you left because you never opened my message of 1/4/2012. I figured you were either avoiding me or gone. I didn't want to "inflict" dialogue on you. You're an interesting and intelligent guy, someone who it would be fun to have a drink with, and in my minds eye your were royally .

However the sad fact is that SF in December 2011 was a mess and I was miserable.

In the post-hangover state of January 1, Dan and I decided that rather than continuing to being miserable, or ghosting, or resetting, we would do something to shake things up. We thought the most likely outcome that given that we were sandwiched between SF and DY would would rapidly become toast (kind of what happens to Qui-Gon Jinn in Star Wars -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ds0UgbpxJU). We took a risk that ended up as an opportunity.

Cheers.

DeletedUser

In the post-hangover state of January 1, Dan and I decided that rather than continuing to being miserable, or ghosting, or resetting, we would do something to shake things up. We thought the most likely outcome that given that we were sandwiched between SF and DY would would rapidly become toast (kind of what happens to Qui-Gon Jinn in Star Wars)... We took a risk that ended up as an opportunity.

Can you clarify this, erato? Something seems amiss....

Thamks

DeletedUser

it was pretty clear that DY on their own couldnt be considered as a rival for us(TE),so they droped one of their final nets out and it had a (how they look things) Jack-Pot by assembling a bigger Rocket Launcher with TD help...but are they good enough to blast one the best alliances i have ever been part of?(and ye,i have been in many skillfull crews since i started playing this game)
dont forget that the 13th's position will play a drastic role in the final act of Nu...
fingers are crossed,DY were bleeding cities before their last ace comes out..the question is if TD are ready to stop the continues bloodbaths my good friends have been givin to you...
of course when Wonder Lights turn on i will be back to my account's seat to see if and when the DY cowards are ready to start on me...
mocking TE isnt wise at all,since we are one of the very few crews that stayed as they were formed since the start of Nu and kneeled pretty many crews in all this game time we are here...some ex-refs of TtoW 1.0 & TtoW 2.0 can agree probaby since both wars lasted les than 48 hours,and you can confirm this since you share the same forums now;-)
on the other hand you have some skilled guyz in there,but my absence of nu the last 5 months doesnt allow me to have full picture of it...i am just sure that some of them will need a lightage to get to the frontlines and stop the blooddrops...

the sure is that this is goin to be interesting;-)
tiesto

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

"the sure is that this is goin to be interesting;-)"
tiesto

lets hope so, if it turns out the way everyone is probably guessing, and thats te/13th against dukes/dy then what a great way to finish this world. all four alliances have good players, and at the end of the day it will be dedication that will win this game, not name calling or
passing the blame for c""k ups.
so lets start scheming and planning, but most of all lets respect our opponents and have a laugh at eachother's expense in a pleasant way.

ok, i will probably get ripped apart for my naiviety, but sod it :)

regards markan ben

DeletedUser

There is no TE/13th there is no Dukes/DY there is just The Dukes, the 13th and TE.

Oh I know that DY has not yet been formally disbanded as no doubt the leader waits to explain her actions to those on VM and convince them to join the new alliance but to intents and purposes DY is no more

DeletedUser

Looks like DY couldn't hold their own so they went running for The Dukes to merge. Who is in bed now?

DeletedUser

Looks like DY couldn't hold their own so they went running for The Dukes to merge. Who is in bed now?

Actually what happened is I got a proposal and I decided to act on it. I'd already figured out I liked the Dukes, myself. So I got buy-in from the DY leadership and planned the wedding. We've integrated really well.

I hung around in DY for a couple of days to make sure that all the players, including the small players that had appeared and weren't going to be part of the merge were accommodated and to transfer some intel. In the end, when all was done, I had trouble hitting the dissolve alliance key because I had a lot of fun as a founder of DY and ending something you've enjoyed is a bit difficult, even when you know it's the right thing to do. My new Nu family is great and I'm here to stay.

DeletedUser

Just glad to see everyone is sticking around and still having fun :D

As always, Good Luck and enjoy :)

DeletedUser

Hmmm.... Seems the Dupes have a "No External Forum Posts" law. At least erato felt it was worth it to post, hope she isn't penalized, though her post had its usual hidden intentions...

Looks like the odds have changed. Now I just need to find something in RL to compare it to so the game becomes more serious to me... How about "8:1 people in my profession lose 2 fingers during their career, but facing such odds makes me want to succeed at Grepo"? Will that work?

DeletedUser

So Graeme

I wasn't that far wrong. I see you and a few others have joined TE. So much for fighting independently to the bitter end. Did you leave anyone behind to mind the store? Or did you just say the heck with it?

Cheers.

DeletedUser

So Graeme

I wasn't that far wrong. I see you and a few others have joined TE. So much for fighting independently to the bitter end. Did you leave anyone behind to mind the store? Or did you just say the heck with it?

Cheers.

you are cheeky!!! it is the BITTER end now, it is now SIM city, not much to fight for, ok you was correct but considering your original post was March, I would not call you psychic, just yet :)

love it, a female having to be correct, bet you have been itching for this to happen just so you could say

I TOLD YOU SO

Last edited by a moderator: