A history: Sonja - The fall of a traitor

DeletedUser55215

hey OOC thanks to you the old fury of olympus fell apart and everyone is in this mess choosing sides between sons or repo

DeletedUser55215

anyway where did you get some much DBP by attacking each other i guess

DeletedUser46395

Have to say having played with Sonja I would have absolutely no hesitation in playing with her again. Good player with a low tolerance threshold for poor leadership, but otherwise very loyal IMHO.

OutOfCharacters

Phrourach
Have to say having played with Sonja I would have absolutely no hesitation in playing with her again. Good player with a low tolerance threshold for poor leadership, but otherwise very loyal IMHO.

I haven't played EN in years so have no history with anybody in this world. It's been an interesting show, that's for sure. I'm definitely a fan of LEAVING alliances whose leadership doesn't match for you...or maybe not joining in the first place, lol. Not so much a fan of a teammate earning 30K+ DBP from me one night while I'm attempting to help land a CS in an enemy city. Two different things, in my book. But to each his own. o_O

hey OOC thanks to you the old fury of olympus fell apart and everyone is in this mess choosing sides between sons or repo

LOL, that was July I think...about a month after I first saw you in O34...

anyway where did you get some much DBP by attacking each other i guess

Yeah, nobody else has been attacking us lately, we're super bored over here :D

DeletedUser48582

She probably did it to help her friends but if she had just a little amount of respect she would have left the alliance (that i would respect) but instead she got greedy with IT's and got addicted of sniping her own for BP.

DeletedUser55215

And how can you proof this? If you are so bored why dont you fight SQ?

DeletedUser51435

You really don't know her. On Brytos she was fine when she joined us and that was because she had no place to go. That was similar for you on Nagi, no place to go ... in fact you had her spy on us for 3 months before she finally left ... pretty low of you. When she was in with us she defended no one but her friends and scooped internals that were listed by other players. She even scooped cities reserved by others who had already cleared the city and reserved it.

She is just a plain out and out scum of a player who will screw anyone over if it suits her. First she is no team player and making excuses for her allows this kind of play to continue. She feels entitled when she is entitled for nothing. When she doesn't get her way she and her son make extremely rude posts in the forum and then scream poor leadership ... her idea of good leadership is that you just do what she says.

For her poor leadership is anyone who disagrees with her. Next time bring her into your alliance at the beginning ... I guarantee you she screws you over.

DeletedUser46395

You really don't know her. On Brytos she was fine when she joined us and that was because she had no place to go. That was similar for you on Nagi, no place to go ... in fact you had her spy on us for 3 months before she finally left ... pretty low of you. When she was in with us she defended no one but her friends and scooped internals that were listed by other players. She even scooped cities reserved by others who had already cleared the city and reserved it.

She is just a plain out and out scum of a player who will screw anyone over if it suits her. First she is no team player and making excuses for her allows this kind of play to continue. She feels entitled when she is entitled for nothing. When she doesn't get her way she and her son make extremely rude posts in the forum and then scream poor leadership ... her idea of good leadership is that you just do what she says.

For her poor leadership is anyone who disagrees with her. Next time bring her into your alliance at the beginning ... I guarantee you she screws you over.

Well at least one bit of that is completely untrue, so I'm not inclined to believe the rest of it, to be honest.

DeletedUser46395

Well at least one bit of that is completely untrue, so I'm not inclined to believe the rest of it, to be honest.

Just to expand on this; we did not have her spy on anyone. We were talking to her for some time before she moved, but that was actually all about the practicalities of the move, handing off cities and so on. She was very particular about making sure that she was happy with it all, and we wanted to make sure we weren't exposed in oceans we had absolutely no interest in. We got heartily sick of the "will she - won't she" nature of the affair, but never had any reason to doubt her motives. She never offered to spy for us, we never asked her, and she never passed on any information except what directly related to her reasons for wanting to move. RT doesn't use spies. I don't use spies. I don't trust spies. If she had spied for us, I wouldn't trust her now. Besides, we were never particularly concerned about the NE direction; geography and confidence in our own fighting, political and building capabilities made sure of that. As TINAD, we were only ever concerned about Extortion, and that was in part because we weren't sure which internal faction was going to win out there (and in the end, they all came together - as it were ;) ) and because they were geographically placed to do us some damage. And even then, our concern was only that we wouldn't be able to build all 7 wonders, we were always absolutely confident we could build 4 faster than anyone else. We didn't need spies there, because they were all telling us what they were up to anyway, as were Bloods. And we were telling them the same sort of things, too. We had a similar relationship with Foo, and I'm inclined to believe that certain people had a not dissimilar relationship with you, too; we certainly didn't with some of the more paranoid leaders later on. But if you've got maps and understand strategies, you really don't need spies, and I've never trusted them anyway - back in world Chi I was a spy for a while, thought it would be fun. It wasn't. And I came to like the alliance I was supposed to be spying on more than the one I was spying for, so in effect defected. I have never tried to employ spies since - can't deny that on rare occasions over the years, I've received intel from some, but I've never sought it out and Sonja was not one of them. I've always found it much easier and more effective just to ask another alliance's leaders what their plans are, and study the map; the map never lies.

Anyway, I completely accept that she's a strong character and likes things to be the way she wants them, but to be fair, same goes for me and most other experienced players I can think of. I trust her completely, and have invited her to the new world as a result.

Incidentally, my sources tell me that certain other players had a major DBP boost at the time of the alleged incident that this thread relates to, and that it's possible that somebody is making a lot of noise to cover up their own double-dealing by using a convenient scapegoat. I pass no comment on this particular piece of scuttlebutt, I've certainly not seen any proof, but after all, there are two sides to every story so there's at least a possibility it's true.

OutOfCharacters

Phrourach
Just to clarify the incident I referred to-- there were three players who jumped to the top of the defense stats right after my attacks-- there were also a few others with smaller increases, all from the enemy alliance. The top three adding up to over 100K DBP included the guy I was attacking, Sonja, and one other player. I still have a screenshot of it, because I was so ticked off, and couldn't believe it. I don't know the background on some of the other incidents as I wasn't personally involved, but given what I saw here, it sure matches those stories well. And there were no Sons involved in the defense that day, if that's what you're implying. Well, other than Sonja. :mad:

I don't know how she chooses her loyalties. As for me... you can fool me once... but there will not be a next time.

DeletedUser48582

Well Bear i actually respect you despite what i think of your play in Nag... but using the word scapegoat and doubting the truth in it. Well my respect dropped close to zero due to this pathetic move to doubt it.

We monitored Sonja's moves for close to a month and ran three OPs and the same pattern was shown. Sonja was the only SONS member earning BP under each OP - and we are not talking 4K but +30K in each OP. And the fun part... she did'nt post a single revolt on her cities o_O and when asked if she was okay... guess... No answer.

Take this scenario:
Top 15 on Daily attack-list consist of 14 SONS members and on other from a far away ocean. Top 15 on daily defender 11 Reborn players, Sertac and... tadaaaa... Sonja - placed no. 2.

So stop trying to second guess this as it puts you in a bad light. Otherwise please share what other reason could be behind this and what stat-page your alleged source is using as he/she must look on a different one than the rest of us?

DeletedUser55215

even if she was supporting enemies of sons i would respect that because you aint no better

DeletedUser48582

Oh then please elaborate from your great wisdom David. When have we used dirty play???

But nice to know you respect defending against your own alliance... that must be good to know amongst your members.

DeletedUser55215

1)When you put a spy in BWR
2)Im not revealing anymore because you haven't sent me the PM with sonja being a spy proof

DeletedUser48582

Hahaha and why on heavens earth should we put a spy in BWR???

Lol Aye she wrote me:
"Hi Don,

I am a spy... its something i like and it gives me the thrill i seek"

(Omfg... :eek::eek:)

DeletedUser55215

this reminds me of donpj111

Last edited by a moderator: