Newspaper A LegendZ Flash Broadcast 2!

DeletedUser44213

The LegendZ FLASH Broadcast

Breaking news just in from Epidamnos. These flash updates shall be short but oh so sweet, a hopefully more manageable format and volume to be produced more often. It involves:

1. The World Balance

2. The World Wars

3. The World Verbal Wars

Let’s go

1. The World Balance

This is how the world currently looks in a nice and easy to understand depiction…

giphy.gif

Not much has changed this week as no alliance have fallen, no merges have happened… With regards to the alliances that are still around, the same still remain.
giphy.gif

HOWEVER, we cannot ignore that Skulls have now further increased their lead by taking a load of cities off Apples after dissolving the pact.
giphy.gif

It looks like Skulls have identified Apples as their closest rivals and decided that now is the time to turn on their pact and start to make war. To be discussed in the verbal section but this has caused some controversy. Therefore, the world balance is tipping even more in favour of the skulls. What I question is where they will get a challenge from. The WW stage is still some way off and they will need someone to keep them entertained in the meantime. Hopefully apples can manage that but it looks like TF are using the recent war to also take chunks out of apples in a war that had been stacked against them up to this stage.

An argument could definitely be made for the way TF have played it if there is no cahoots between them and Skulls… If there is, then they are no better than the huggers they hate so dearly. However, if they have just noticed that Skulls are attacking and joined in, then that is what I call playing the field in front of you. And big thumbs up should go to any alliance that uses pressure in this way to personal gain. When you see a weakness, hit it!

Up North, I have to say Epidemic look very comfortable. The wardens of the north they look as secure as the Stark family before the whole beheading issue… (GoT reference for those not following). I’d love to say that winter is coming but quite frankly I can’t see where they are going to find a worthy opponent from and therefore are growing very happily up there.

Right now, the world looks like it is tipping towards a frighteningly early conclusion. Hopefully, something will happen to give the skulls a fun war where they actually have to do some defending for once. Since their biggest rivals Shady are now part of them, you have to question where the fight is going to come from if AA can’t provide it. Early days though in that war.

2. The World Wars

SS vs AA – From a stat only perspective this war is very one-sided… Not sure what I mean by stat only, but removing the debates around the war the score stands at 45-7 in favour of skulls and is rising at an alarming rate. It may be worth noting the positioning of the cities being lost, however. Whilst the city losses are high, it could be debated that these are necessary losses. Whether AA are defending these cities with their full might remains to be seen (maybe both sides can clarify this in the comments for me). Right now, there has been only one op run and it was successful. We cannot see the future of this war from this op alone but it appears that Skulls have a very high activity level and are relishing the new blood. It does have me wondering what they are doing with those apples...

giphy.gif

AA vs TF – Looks like the shoe is on the other foot now, with AA being included in the world wars twice. TF have either ran a joint op with SS or taken advantage of the situation to hit back and make some of the biggest gains they have made in a while in this war. A flipped player appears to be their main target and it is likely their success is coming from their advantageous positioning on his/her cities. Having taken 5 cities as I write this, the count may rise. The war is still massively one sided with AA vs TF (main branches only) standing at 189-35 in favour of Apples. However, this could be a turning point in the war and it will be interesting to see how this number develops.

… For now, these are the big changes and that’s what I will be focusing on. I am aware Epidemic continue to make gains in the north and with no sizeable enemies on multiple sides they are definitely one to watch.

3. The World Verbal Wars

Well, this is going to be a section and a half. I would appreciate if in the comments section I am not attacked for my depiction of the verbal wars. I will be as unbiased as humanly possible and only state what has been stated.

The Skulls “Betrayal”
giphy.gif
It appears that the fall of the pact between SS and AA was abrupt to say the least. I, myself, received a message telling me the pact had been dropped without warning. This sparked a serious response from the leadership of AA with a lot of anger towards Erik over the way the pact was dissolved. Again, personal opinion, but I think a pact of that length needed a bit of a grace period… However, that is not written in any Grepolis Text and therefore sometimes you have to deal with the fallout. The leadership of AA think that this was a backstabbing above all others, although it has transpired that AA were trying to form a coalition against Skulls whilst all this was going on… So to a degree, it was just SS to pull the trigger first. Erik has responded by pointing out the pact served very little purpose for skulls and was not really respected by the AA group. How much truth there is in this I cannot see but it is definitely a factor in any pact. I don’t think however it was the pact ending that annoyed AA, but the way it was done.

The VM Backlash – The debate over the vacation company thread has also exploded. It is clear that there are two trains of thought, of which I will not say either is correct.

Mostly pitched by TF, the argument from one side is that AA are hurt that TF would not choose to work with them. Equally, this criticism is aimed at me directly. TF believe that AA and I want to hug in order to win the world. The point being that rather than looking for a diplomatic way out of every situation, how about we put our big boy pants on and fight. That is the point I have received… If that is wrong I apologise but from what I understand we are just scared and trying to call on TF to help us fight and I quote james “because they are the only ones who know how to fight”.

The other side of the argument was that the hugging was an attempt to balance the world and give skulls a fair fight. The coalition would be formed under the premise that “my enemies enemy is my friend”… Type of thing. However, it looks like different ideas were pitched to different players at TF and instead it has been suggested that some form of merge occur. It looks like some from TF took this particular plan particularly badly. But, it does appear that TF is holding its own in that it will not help out a long-term enemy just because they may now be in trouble.

The fighter debate – There has been an extreme amount of criticism angled from both sides as to who actually does the fighting. The VM bunch are still under fire for their cowardly tactics that have been deployed and others have pointed out that the rankings quite clearly show who the real fighters are. At the end of the day, I hope we can agree that the best fighter is the one you recognise as such. Some players stand out for their ability to attack, some for their defence and some for their sheer resilience to continue. We all have a different depiction of who the best fighter is. By stats, it is Erik. That’s the stats. But, with a world of quad tokens, heightened senses and internal BP (hi, yes I am referring to myself) the rankings cannot always tell the true story. It would be nice if rather than everyone feeling they have to defend themselves on the forums, the accusations were never thrown in the first place. You can dislike a player and respect their fight at the same time.

That is all for this flash broadcast, Hopefully you enjoyed and agree I tried to stay as neutral and all inclusive of sides as possible.

Slivas Out.

DeletedUser31852

I admire that despite all the trash thrown at you you still make the effort (opinions will vary whether you succeed) at giving a neutral perspective on what happens in this interesting world of Epidamnos. Will always be good to come back to these and read through how it all evolved

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser44213

I admire that despite all the trash thrown at you you still make the effort (opinions will vary whether you succeed) at giving a neutral perspective on what happens in this interesting world of Epidamnos. Will always be good to come back to these and read through how it all evolved

Appreciate it man. Everyone is entitled to their opinions at the end of the day and I am always going to do my best to acknowledge that. Like anything that takes up a lot of time, if you care about, you will most likely argue about it :p

Ahr-Ex

Phrourach
You can dislike a player and respect their fight at the same time.

I would agree and add that you can like a player and still dislike the tactics they choose to employ.

All of the elements we are given (the legal ones, excluding bots, etc.) should be considered valid. I think Skulls probably worked really hard for their 20% attack buff (or the money to invest in the event). Good for them. I think it isn't easy to convince an entire alliance to take two weeks of VM at the same time, just to make a point. But as a counter-strategy, it's pretty clever. Neither should be claimed as "good fighting," of course. They should be claimed as "smart strategy," imho.

I think a distinction should be made between the truly strategic use of VM and rage VM or running into VM to avoid losing cities.

jameslongst

Strategos
Please.

Look at the DBP and find the team(s) that fought for their place on the board. Its so lopsided it actually hurts.

Sleazy tactics when dressed up in polite words are still sleazy tactics. They would do well to meditate on that while on vacation imho.

DeletedUser44213

If you haven't got anything nice to say, please just get lost mate. Really find it hard not to lose my head with you cause you are so obnoxiously rude. Couldn't agree more with your co-founder and thank you Ahr for breaking it down like that. I agree.

If you want to talk about stats here are some for you. We have 27 members. We have been in existence for 1 month. We have a total DBP of 4 873 857. That means that per month per player (bearing in mind we have been in VM for 10 days) we have averaged 180513 DBP.

Now let's look at TF. When did this world start... 25th January. So 7 months ago. But just to be kind, i'll cut that down to 6 to give you a fighting chance. SO, let's do the math with 42 players (bearing in mind you have had a lot more than that in the past so I am again being kind) you have amassed a total of 13 742 018 DBP. SO, 13742018/6 brings us to our per month total... 2290336 DBP... Oh dear, I think you can see where this is going. 2290336/42 (both kind calculations again) = 54531 DBP average over a monthly period. That's less than a 1/3rd of what we have amassed this month and doesn't take into account the fact that you had 60 members at a lot of stage or close to, AND I gave you a whole month off to try and save you further embarrassment. So please please please, GO AWAY and stop being so bias on what i am TRYING so so hard to make unbias.

If you want to talk stats I will whoop your *** there every time and stop trying to sully everyone elses name and making out that you are just awesome. Cause, news flash #3, you are not and the reports I will be posting in two days will further prove this. Thank you for making me feel the need to type all this out because you are just so insufferable in posting on every non-bias piece I do.

Ranga1

Strategos
Please.

Look at the DBP and find the team(s) that fought for their place on the board. Its so lopsided it actually hurts.

Sleazy tactics when dressed up in polite words are still sleazy tactics. They would do well to meditate on that while on vacation imho.
You really do seem like an angry man, every post is just your bad were great. Calm down son and enjoy something

DeletedUser31852

Childish and repetitive words remain a nuisance when covering a valid point