A little story from your friends in TW-Shadow

DeletedUser

The Tale of Jonny Vsax - The Man With No Memory

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away in the-west.net, the TW crew started a town named Rock Ridge.

The town was a prospering one from the outset, being built on the hopes and dreams of a band of ambitious, fledgling, computerized gamers.

In an effort to construct their town and become a thriving, prosperous beacon in the heart of World 1, the town allowed shoppers to enter their city to purchase wares. Those ranged from dueling duds to darting donkeys, shooting shawls to rocking rifles.

And this is where we meet the villain of our story, Jonny Vsax.

On Oct. 1, 2008, I received the following e-mail in my account at the-west.net

Jonny Vsax On 10/1/08 at 10:55 PM can i join the town to buy a donkey please i will deposit $50 in to the building fund

Being both interested in helping fellow players learn a new game, and willing to accept funds to further the construction of our town, I sent Mr. Vsax an invitation.

FargoBear On 10/2/08 at 12:05 AM OK, invite sent. Deposit and grab your donkey, if you would.

So, Mr. Vsax strode into town on that dusty day. He sauntered into the saloon, tip-toed by the tailor, and ambled into the general store to purchase his donkey.

Once the simple steed was purchased, Mr. Vsax made a donation into the Rock Ridge town treasury.

Of $1.

That’s right. Mr. Vsax decided to stiff our fair-weathered friends in Rock Ridge. He promptly bought his donkey, donated a measly dollar and bolted town as fast as he could.

Shocked, our collections department contacted Mr. Vsax.

FargoBear On 10/2/08 at 3:35 AM So what's the story here? Why did you just deposit $1?

Mr. Vsax responded later that afternoon.

Jonny Vsax On 10/2/08 at 4:03 AM i had 51$ i like my cash even

We had been duped. Shocked and enraged, our law enforcement officers followed Mr. Vsax around the World 1 map. When he would stop long enough to rest in a town, our super soldiers would hit him.

Annoyed, he would promptly leave his town and join up with another weeks later.

During this time, the Rock Ridge empire flourished. Our town grew big, and we took our place as one of the prominent towns in the heart of World 1.

On Oct. 27, unannounced, we received the following correspondence from Mr. Vsax.

Jonny Vsax On 10/27/08 at 8:26 AM Can i join the town im active and im going to level very fast. i also have 2k cash lying about :(

Incredulous at the boldness of the request, we sent a reply.

FargoBear On 10/27/08 at 2:30 PM Have you ever heard of the children's book Where's Waldo?

After reading our correspondence, Mr. Vsax responded.

Jonny Vsax On 10/27/08 at 5:25 PM yes.

At which time the following letter was sent by certified mail:

FargoBear On 10/27/08 at 6:04 PM Each morning, I wake up and turn on my laptop to check on the-west. And every morning, I play a little game I call "Where's Jonny Vsax." To play, I simply check on the world map to see where you are located, and if you have joined a town yet. Because as soon as you are in a town, we will begin attacking you and that town for violating the terms of our previous agreement, when you purchased a donkey and gave us $1. We will have mustangs this week, and that'll make it faster to ride to whichever town you end up joining. We have offsite forums, irc channels, and close to 200 people fighting by our side. And you, sir, are Public Enemy No. 1.

Sad and dismayed, Mr. Vsax could only utter the following words:

Jonny Vsax On 10/28/08 at 1:04 PM Town less aww :(

It has been about 15 months since that fateful day. We had assumed the paths of the Rock Ridge brotherhood and Mr. Vsax had long-since passed.

However, we received the following mail, which led to this exchange earlier today.

JonnyDixon today at 12:58 PM Can i get an invite ive played Tribal wars and The west. Names was Vsax/Vsax08 i played speed mainly.

FargoBear today at 1:49 PM Are you JonnyVsax?

JonnyDixon today at 3:01 PM yeh.

Having confirmed that our old adversary had returned, we could think of nothing else to say.

Well, other than:

FargoBear today at 3:04 PM You still owe me $49 for a donkey.

The End.

DeletedUser

That was well worth the read lol .

Don't mess with Fargobear :p

DeletedUser

I almost tl;dr'ed But forced myself.

Bloody fantastic, and I believe we have him in DDW at the minute!

Oh well.

darkdragonfinal.jpg

DeletedUser

You really need to let things go i stole a donkey off you over a yaer ago.

DeletedUser

They let things go until you decided go and pester them again.

darkdragonfinal.jpg

DeletedUser

Stole? You just didn't end up having to pay double it's fair value.

DeletedUser

Yeh bigger fool him thinking i would pay him $50 to buy a donkey.

And its not the fact that i pestered him for an invite its the fact i dont keep logs of games for over 12months? wdf fargo get a life this was a very insignificant event yet you remember is a year later i hope this isnt a story your going to tell your grand kids.

I forgot about this a week later. Deleter your computer logs get a life!

DeletedUser

And its not the fact that i pestered him for an invite its the fact i dont keep logs of games for over 12months? wdf fargo get a life this was a very insignificant event yet you remember is a year later i hope this isnt a story your going to tell your grand kids.

How long do you think you will survive in this game with an attitude like that?
I heard on the grapevine that you are still Public Enemy #1
I guess you are gonna have a miserable time in Grepolis lol
Now might be a good time to get on your $1 Donkey and head for World 2

DeletedUser

Perhaps you just stood out because no one else tried to cheat us.

Bloody fantastic, and I believe we have him in DDW at the minute!

Oh well.

Care to wager how long he'd stick around if it ever gets rough for DDW?

DeletedUser

Ladies and gentlemen, I present the star of our show, Mr. Jonny Vsax.

Let's give him a round of applause.

I actually didn't know he had hooked up with an alliance until it was pointed out in this thread. For the record, the-west.net mail servers keep mail until you manually delete them. So it wasn't so much I saved his mails as never bothered to delete any.

I am sure he will make a fine and upstanding addition to any alliance he joins. He has the character and integrity to go far in this computerized world, as well as the one in which we all dwell.

A tip of the cap to Mr. Vsax.

DeletedUser

It makes the story that much better that he came here and posted.