A More Versatile Cave

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Proposal:
Make espionage not only a way to judge the armies and navies of the enemy, but also a way to see how they operate, by being able to breach the security of the espied player's report folder. Intuitively, this makes sense. Spies are sent to gather intelligence, not just to confirm the size and makeup of the enemy's army.

Players would still have the option to send a spy on a mission solely to reveal the enemy's army. If the spying player wants to peek into the target's reports, he/she would have the option to send a "thorough spy" or something with a more creative name, that would cost more silver and take much longer to report, since this espionage is more delicate and requires more time and investment.

Have I checked the archives:
I tried, didn't see much on this. Sorry if it's already been suggested.

Reason:
You could get inside of your enemy's mind! You could learn how their attacks are ordered, where their farms are so you could (dishonorably) put troops in them, and when they are online so you can attack when they're not.

Details:
Once again, players would still have the option to send a regular spy to reveal the enemy's forces and nothing more.
A thorough spy would cost 3x as much silver (If the target has 1/3 as much coin stored in his/her cave as the silver invested in the mission, the mission fails). And it takes 20x longer than a normal spy (for abuse prevention, see below). It reveals the last 15 battle reports of the target and the last 5 espionage reports.
Got to have a lvl 10 cave and espionage researched to send a thorough spy.
A minimum of 3000 coin must be used on a thorough mission.

Balance:
Silver would become more valuable.

Abuse:
Deleting Reports. Players would delete their reports and - I suppose the reports are pretty much deleted from the game's memory at that point - the "thorough spy" won't have anything to go on. Perhaps this is not cheating, and it comes with its set of advantages and disadvantages, because the player deleting them won't be able to access the useful information in the reports. Unless he/she is diligent enough to copy them all down on a word doc...

People would send regular spies to clear out the cave and then a thorough spy with less silver. Solution: The trip for the thorough spy is incredibly long; the target has time to refill his/her cave.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser22115

I personally dont like it. The way you spy on players now gives you more of a challenge which i like

DeletedUser

This new option of spying would be more challenging, because there are more requirements, it is more expensive, and it takes longer to send a thorough spy.

DeletedUser

I agree that something should be done to give the cave more uses in-game, but I don't think this is the right way to do it..

DeletedUser

honestly, i do not like or hate the idea . . . the cave needs something new, and this is the first thing that has been brought since achilles idea . . . so im gonna wanna see this develop :)

DeletedUser

If this idea gains any support I'd be happy to help in whatever way, though I'm sure after a while it would be out of my hands and on to the devs...

DeletedUser

Awww... I used to be so cute and silly...
After a bit more experience with the game, I've realized that this is a little ridiculous, at a certain point everyone that matters has 100000 silver in their caves and spies never get through.

DeletedUser

Nice idea, but I think you should decrease the numbers a bit, like the last 2 espionage reports and the last 5 battle reports.

DeletedUser

yeah or just 5 and 5.

I also don't like the idea of someone doing this. Attacks land at all kinds of different times, so how would it matter if you saw the reports? The reports don't show when the attacks were launched, so that really just wastes silver. It would raise the cost of silver (which is really high if you consider the wood to silver ratio and cost with spells) way above the normal. It would be like the price of gold nowadays.

Also, if you haven't noticed, it takes much longer to build a silver mine than a timber camp or a quarry and it costs much more. The game is already out of balance enough. We don't need to make it more so. For this idea to be better worth it, Inno-games would either have to make silver easier to produce or lower the cost of the Silver mine.

DeletedUser

No.
1.A waste of silver
2.Silver is hard to produce
3.Everyone has 100000 silver in their cave in the later stages of a world
4.Too much programming, too little gain
5.This is too ridiculously expensive
6.20x longer, eh... what if I need to know, from my 5,000,000 silver stored cave, the last report in the inbox of my enemy's friend... 8 oceans away?

DeletedUser5554

like it about as much as i like uofm football...ill give you a hint i bleed green and white

DeletedUser

Lol Pebble got told. Maybe I should farm you next time we play together again ;)

Sorry but I don't think the idea is good. Just too much of a development and too many things to take into account and the spy would either but totally un-reliable or would ruin it for the person who's being spied on.

+rep for creativity.

DeletedUser

Gave some rep, but I doubt a player will be able to gain the ability to leak information from another players reports via spying, for a number of reasons, some of which are obvious.

DeletedUser8396

Maybe it should be also pointed out you are not a mod so please stop trying to be one by attempting to 'tell off' other players.

I am not 'trying' to be one. If stating rules is attempting to be a mod, then by golly gee call me a poser. But sadly, no, thats not it at all.

If you look at his track record, that member has posted in extremely outdated threads, and on occasion spammed in them. If I went a bit overboard just on one thread, my bad, but it isnt trying to be a mod, so there you are wrong.

If you wish to 'convince' me of anything else, please do it through PM's. The forum post conversations are beginning to bore me.

Might I also point out...I have yet to break an actual rule. *yawn*

DeletedUser

THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS.

You posted in a 6 month old thread!

Must I remind you last time you admonished me for posting on an old thread, it got moved to development? And at least I don't go round starting discussions that, at least in the ideas section, are forum clutter that should be handled via private message.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8396

You're out of your league mate. I would advise you not to argue with me.

DeletedUser

I have to say I am a bit astonished this was put through for development, there are good merits, but bad ideas present in the proposal. This seems to be a mixed bag.

DeletedUser

Personally I dont like the idea. Whilst it sounds nice I think there will be game problems associated with it. To me it will end up being more costs for the Grepolis team then is achieved.

Status
Not open for further replies.