A new 1.26.x world?

• Thread starter DeletedUser15581
  • Start date

DeletedUser15581

After reading several threads in forums and talking to several people in-game I can observe there are a lot of critics of 2.x worlds who would still like to play a 1.26.x world. (I am not aware, is it impossible to create a 1.26 due to some reason?)

I am not asking to dump creation of new 2.x worlds but having one 1.26.x world for every two-three 2.x worlds till people start liking the continuously evolving 2.x worlds and 1.26.x worlds become obsolete.

There could be a vote for settings to find out what is in demand so the world doesn't have too low population.

DeletedUser

copied and pasted a quote from an idea called Flashback (to bring out a 1.26 world every x amount of 2.o ones)
Thank you for your comments. We cannot open 1.26 worlds as we may plan to phase them out and continue with only one 2.0 Grepolis version. Running two version is very taxing on the development team. Essentially every bug most be fixed twice: once on 1.26 and again on 2.0 and this is slowing down our development and evolution of the game. Please read this thread to understand our intent further: http://forum.en.grepolis.com/showthread.php?t=21416

DeletedUser

A good idea, I would prefer to continue on 1.26 ( I know i'm an old fart and should enhance new ideas but it's hard to teach an old dog new tricks)

DeletedUser15581

ahh... I really thought this isn't a new idea, just didn't dig into various forums for it.

It is sad to know that the decision has been made. Till the time the bugs are present in 2.x worlds (and 1.26 aren't been upgraded), it would have been good to have 1.26 to keep them (critics of 2.x) playing grepolis.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

i was all for the idea of having a 1.26 world opening, but as gordo said it does work against inno's idea of converting 1.26 into 2.0 in the future.

however maybe someone could suggest *hint*hint* have worlds like so . . .

wen a new world is open start it off 1.26 then wen the age of wonders comes around it is then converted to the 2.0 interface and then later (hopefully) converted to the hero world. but like i said its a suggestion that needs to be thought out well written and posted in the right part of the forum . . . this is so inno can grasp the "time" concept for worlds . . . ;)

but this could be costly depending and may not ever work lol

and if it comes to the point where someone were to ask "whose idea was it anyway?" depending on why its being asked i will either confirm or deny it lol ownership is at my discretion

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser12512

I don't see any reason they couldn't do this for us die-hard 1.26 X players. I know I personally will not be making the shift to 2.X worlds so if they opened anther 1.26 world they would continue to get my business.

I figure there must be some others that feel the same way. Not to mention they could offer a 'Rift' where people from their original 1.26 worlds are forced to move to one world and start over, i would even go for that as long as the settings weren't silly.

Speed 2
No Morale
Alliance Cap 60-100