A New Shiny Mod, at Your Disposal

• Thread starter DeletedUser8396
  • Start date

DeletedUser8396

Well, hello everyone! It appears that I am going to be your brand spanking new world forum moderator! Most of you that frequent the forumsregularly probably know me from the Ideas, Off-Topic, or Literature section(s). In case you do not, here is a brief biography of my grepolis career:

It was a cold winter night, and there I was, sitting...watching. I heard a creek and a crack at my door, and what was it? What could it possibly be? Well...quite frankly I was too lazy to get up and check...but nevertheless. So, there was this door and it made a sound. Well, I decided to google why doors make creaks and cracks in the middle of the night.

Through a long and painfully dreadful series of eHow's that seems to multiply like cockroaches on a hot summer day, I saw a link. This was no ordinary link, however. Not the link as in Zelda, no! That Link has a capital L. This was much different, it was a link...with a tiny 'l'. So I dared to click this link. I dared and I dared and it brought me to this wonderfully simplistic world.

In this world there were creatures, and breeds of humanity not seen by many. These humans never slept. They ate, breathed and lived this world. What was this world you may ask? Grepolis. Gre-polis. Greek City. I know, not very creative, but still! It was a world, and one I intended to conquer.

So, where was the most logical starting point? To join a world of course! I deemed the world Beta worthy enough for my presence, and so I entered. I soon found that the competition was fierce. They shake hands with you and in the other they hold a cold, hard, steel bloody dagger waiting for you to walk away to swiftly stab you in the back! Nay, I was not cut out for this world, but I stuck with it.

Soon I heard rumors in a far distant land of a new world, one of beauty and imagination. One of two of its kind, Rho and Sigma. I unchained myself from this past world Beta and joined up with Sigma, where I found myself competing on a level unimaginable by the persona of my Beta days. however, eventually all things come to an end. I played out Sigma just until the end, where eventually the world died. My life, my home...finally came to an end.

I tried to rebuild a life in another home, but no...it twas not the same. Since then I have yet to return to a world to call home, but instead encourage others to find they same peace (lol) and joy I did.

That is my story.

-----------------

Not really short, I 'spose...but thats what you get for having a Literature Mod :p

I'll be peeking in here every now and then. Maybe say hi and give some advice from an old-timer. But! Yes, there's a but. But, I will be trying to bring in a few more fun things for us to do together and see if we can bring life back into this forum! So lets hop to it!

Y'all gon' invite your friends, your enemies, your family, your pets, your iguana...everything.

Let's build something together (is that from Lowes? bah idk...),

Apebble ;)

DeletedUser8396

Note to self- Spam the Paros forums.

fntxtc.jpg

DeletedUser41456

it's hard to keep forums active after the first month...mainly because those that quit or got rimmed move on to the "new server" ...hoping results will be different for some reason...then the cycle repeats itself. Then they do the whole...rank alliances..."we are the best"...then they feel a little pressure..and boom..on to en1001..."oh wait i have to defend in this game as well?? i'm not ready for all that lol...then another server opens up..with a shiny new forum....."who's the best player in Urethra".."i am"...and blah blah blah..one month later that player gets three attacks coming at him and quits...lol and the cycle repeats itself....

Im conclusion...too many new worlds open up while worlds are still being decided making it easy for players to whine and leave.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser15581

agree with 90% of what you said... but gotta respect those guys who quit due to RL issues. I haven't quit this server, but I have quit previous servers because RL got too busy.

JungleBear

Phrourach
I quit for about 3 years when beta got upgraded, back in the days wheb they asked lol

Interesting u were in beta pebble. Was it brief ?

DeletedUser8396

I quit for about 3 years when beta got upgraded, back in the days wheb they asked lol

Interesting u were in beta pebble. Was it brief ?

World Beta, not the beta test. If thats what you meant, I was in world Beta for a good bit. I never amounted to much as I was an utter noob lol

DeletedUser8396

world beta i think. redneck women pretty much held number one spot for so long... what alliance were you in ?

I cant remember mate...I know it wasnt a good one lol...we didnt even have our own ocean :p

DeletedUser15581

why won't they start the WW era even several hours after the requirement was met?

DeletedUser5819

why won't they start the WW era even several hours after the requirement was met?
It will happen automatically a bit after midnight servertime if the requirements are still met at that time.