A noob struggling with morale?

DeletedUser

Hi all.........First post. .......Seriously addicted. Great game and looking forward to playing it further.

I waited and read as much as I could before posting. (Rub some noobiness off..lol) Still unsure about morale.

I am about 1200 points and the only active player on my island. Two cities about 500 pts have not played for days. Rest are 175 - 275

I have cleared all 6 swords from each city except the two 500 pointers. I consistently raid these cities for res. Sometimes I will send a 40 archer unit and 1 or 2 get killed. Other times none die? These are even on the 175 point cities that do not have walls. The only units that never die are hoplites but they are niot efficient looters. (I just now got horsies so will use them going forward..yay).

Anyway...sry for wall of text..but I can't figure out why sometimes one or two units die and sometimes they don't. I have lost about a 100 units this way. I figure I have gained about a plus 25% resources to replace them. So I am still ahead but I have to rebuild units. Seems strange to me. Is it because I raid with low morale sometimes?

Sometimes I like to send out three separate units to raid at the same time. Archers, slings and hops. (Tried swords..ugh) Should I just build horsies and raid with them?

Anyhoooo....some of the posts and guides were so rewarding, I appreciate those that did them and try to help us noobs. I have my own story for the "Noobiest mistake you made." post. Thx for reading

Wasn't sure if this should be in question forum or here so let mod decide.

DeletedUser

It's because each city has a base defence level and archers have a low offence value, so when the base defence comes up against the archers, the base defence will kill one or 2 archers. Also, luck comes into play which decides which will either make your attack stronger or weaker. a + then a number will add that percentage of offence to your archers original attack value. a - does the opposite and deducts a percentage of your attack's value based on the number give. This varies from -30 to +30. -'s are something you don't want as an attacker.

units that shouldn't be used to farm are swords and Archers.

Units best for farming are Horses but you can also use Slingers, Hopolites, Chariots and most myth units.

ships cannot be used to farm.

Hope that helps mate :)

DeletedUser

Yes that surely helps...thkyou

Ahhhhah....I was wondering abouth the + - luck thing. Saw it...did not heed it. Get it now. Also got a few horses now and wow what a pleasure they are for raiding. Also I have not lost any in 8 raids.

Thx again

Cheers

DeletedUser

Since you already have the archers you can use them for raiding and strengthening your farming villages. (vs 1.26) in vs 2 they are not much use. Except for Defense.

Good luck to you in Grepolis! tis a grand game if you remember to have fun and that it is a game!

DeletedUser

While we are on the topic, the wall adds to a percent of the defense, right? Well, one time, I was attacked. I dodged it, and they went away with nothing, yet I had no troops in my city but my wall. The enemy had something like... I don't know, +7% luck? But anyways, he had lost 1 or 2 of his soldiers. Why is that, if you have no troops, and the wall adds to the defense percent and not actual value that he lost 2 troops, even though he had 7 luck? Was it the base defense, because he was attacking with pure horsemen. Can somebody explain?

DeletedUser

Yes, in the case you have outlayed. The units you killed would have been due to your wall.

I posted in your thread about farming also. Have a look.

Nothing like experience to answer our questions.

Good luck to you and Cheers!