A ONE vs PFB PNP dinner special :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Using Skype is deadly
Chats are cut and pasted all the time and shared among others
I never recommend it
Also yes there was no reports as the only reports not2sane had were a loss of his city

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Keep this thread on track, no discussions about food and the morality of eating meat. That being said N2S has quite a skill at making pnp's with no reports or evidence of anything.

I think Arjaaine said it the best: "Politics and Propaganda". It's not about evidence, but how truthful you can make a lie :)

DeletedUser

Using Skype is deadly
Chats are cut and pasted all the time and shared among others
I never recommend it
Also yes there was no reports as the only reports not2sane had were a loss of his city

Skype is essential for the dissemination of quick data. As for chats being cut and shared, that's an issue with MRA's. My alliance has no problem with that. We went to war with the top 3 alliances on Rho, and we have currently defeated one of them (Sorry Paulzor, but TRB disbanded and merged with EN so we claim full credit for that). You think numbers protect you. I think skill and good allies do. And so what I never posted a report? I am a lazy bastard. I hate going through the effort to make posts that show I didn't clear a city. No point.

Now, Super Novaz is a contender for being victors on this server. ONE is not. I know this because I am acquainted with multiple players from Super Novaz and there skill level rivals and in some cases bests my own. One has some decent players, but with poor leadership I expect nothing more than for them to die off and the few skilled players to join proper alliances while the rest find a new server to play on.

Cheers,

DeletedUser

ohh, thanks for your insight on things
and no I hate high numbers, we dropped a bit and will go up and down while weeding out inactives and such
glad you are friends with such great ppl around these parts, some others may be as well

and as for skype.... I have seen many just from this server, sad I think
seen that tactic used on all servers I have been on, rather use a voice chat for big things instead... nothing typed and copied and pasted then ;)

DeletedUser22940

I personally use Skype, but I agree with you SweetT. Aside from copy pasting (which can happen in all forms of typed conversation), not everyone uses Skype and by using it to discuss OPs and such, you are leaving potentially critical pieces of the wheel out of the conversation. Thus, leading you to failure. I still don't understand why people cannot figure out how to use the forums. They work quite well when utilized properly.

There, we have now gone from an un-justified PnP to a conversation about the morals of eating animals, to a debate of how to communicate.

Can someone just lock this thread?

DeletedUser

haha
just blow the thread up ;)
more entertaining

and yes forums work wonders.... would have helped keep a city or 2 as well (no mention to who's)

DeletedUser3393

Actually Skype is safer than Forums.. Much safer.

I have got a spy in all my enemy alliances.. They copy paste info from Forums easily.

In skype there can be multiple groups made, which means information only goes to people desired and not public view for everyone.

Ex: An Alliance has 4 teams and each team has their own skype room. So, if 1 team has the spy he wont know whats going on in other three.

Drawback of skype is that there is too much chatter and not everyone uses it. So, pros and Cons.

I use forums cause they are cleaner and I have record of everything being said.

DeletedUser

Actually Skype is safer than Forums.. Much safer.

I have got a spy in all my enemy alliances.. They copy paste info from Forums easily.

In skype there can be multiple groups made, which means information only goes to people desired and not public view for everyone.

Ex: An Alliance has 4 teams and each team has their own skype room. So, if 1 team has the spy he wont know whats going on in other three.

Drawback of skype is that there is too much chatter and not everyone uses it. So, pros and Cons.

I use forums cause they are cleaner and I have record of everything being said.

It is true not everyone uses sky which is why you always update the forums to ensure any critical data is passed. But skype works miracles for disseminating information quicker and easier. Much easier to co-ordinate and redirect defences / offensive units then posting in the internals, waiting for responses etc... Too time consuming.

DeletedUser

Skype is essential for the dissemination of quick data. As for chats being cut and shared, that's an issue with MRA's. My alliance has no problem with that. We went to war with the top 3 alliances on Rho, and we have currently defeated one of them (Sorry Paulzor, but TRB disbanded and merged with EN so we claim full credit for that).

Actually you won't take credit for that. You didn't take any active cities off us. (maybe 1 or 2). You took a few inactives cities off one player, who left the game a long time ago.

TRB was beaten by inactivity. Plain and simple. Check grepostats if you want to argue.

http://www.grepostats.com/world/en17/alliance/480/colonizations?type=lose&enemy_alliance=190&min_points=&max_points=

As AA and N2S have said, Skype is more or less the most important tool when running a top alliance. Bonds are formed and chances of information being passed over by spies isn't very likely, like N2S said, this only happens with MRA alliances.

Status
Not open for further replies.