A pre-made of 5 allainces and 200 players in EN73

DeletedUser46495

Letter sent to Grepolis support, anyone else feel the same, that this is unfair?

Hi,

I'm a new player in Grepolis, and am on the EN73 server. I have been made aware that this server had a "pre-made"
of 5 alliances, total of 200 players that entered the game with the intention of dominating without any
possibility of anyone else having a chance. These 5 alliances are "Eviction Notice", "Jaguar Warriors", "The Titans",
"The Weasel Warriors" and "The Musketeers". I've spent a lot of cash on the purchase of gold, this money goes to pay
wages and make profit for your company. I'm pretty sure this situation of such a huge "pre-made" is quite unique
to the game, and it is basically unfair to other players, especially to new players. I've not only invested money
but I've also invested a lot of time in EN73. I humbly ask that you find a solution to this problem. I suggest that you "freeze"
cities owned by these 5 alliances for several weeks, to allow other players/alliances a chance to regroup and
make it a fairer war. I am hearing a lot of grumbling about experienced players wanting to leave Grepolis for good if this is
not resolved. This problem will come up again and again if these type of pre-mades are not punished, and you will
lose players and revenue. There is even talk of mass ghosting as a protest to what is going on in EN73,
it would not be good publicity for the game. I also keep hearing that support never listens to complaints, and that writing to
you is pointless. I would like to disagree, hence my petition to you.

A very concerned customer,
xxxxxxx

DeletedUser

I agree with the letter above. Think it lousy play to have pre-made alliances on the server from the start and this should not be allowed. We need fair play of grep. I also have invest money into the game.

DeletedUser5819

There is nothing unique about premades, they are part and parcel of the game. People like to play with others they have played with before or know through the forum. 200 is also not huge. Punishing people who want to play with their mates would be strange and stupid. Freezing the accounts of people who have worked hard and likely paid some real money to let less successful players catch up would also be strange and stupid and would certainly have the bad effects you listed.

Premades usually have a fair proportion of experienced players, which can give them an advantage early on, however they also tend to have a high fallout rate. It is very unlikely that many of the initial members will still be on that world in a couple of months.

If you are new to the game you could not reasonably be expecting to win your first world anyway, but if you put up a good show and want to learn then you may well get picked up by an experienced team and benefit from their experience. Whatever happens, you will be able to rejoin this world or another with more experience and better prospects. It is as much about attitude as luck.

DeletedUser33512

Whether it's unfair or not is beside the point. I don't think there isn't anything which prohibits this tactic. Granted it's annoying, I know full well from personal experience. I'd just say avoid worlds that they join.

Ruthie2

Phrourach
I also agree with the first post , to many good players are talking of leaving over this issue . In order to keep players interested you have to keep Grep fair, otherwise what is the point when the result is a full gone conclusion. I understand you are trying to make Grep better with new changes , but this change, will ruin the game..

Last edited:

DeletedUser46495

There is nothing unique about premades, they are part and parcel of the game. People like to play with others they have played with before or know through the forum. 200 is also not huge. Punishing people who want to play with their mates would be strange and stupid. Freezing the accounts of people who have worked hard and likely paid some real money to let less successful players catch up would also be strange and stupid and would certainly have the bad effects you listed.

Premades usually have a fair proportion of experienced players, which can give them an advantage early on, however they also tend to have a high fallout rate. It is very unlikely that many of the initial members will still be on that world in a couple of months.

If you are new to the game you could not reasonably be expecting to win your first world anyway, but if you put up a good show and want to learn then you may well get picked up by an experienced team and benefit from their experience. Whatever happens, you will be able to rejoin this world or another with more experience and better prospects. It is as much about attitude as luck.

200 is huge in a speed 3 world with 40 member cap on alliances. It's never been this bad in any world from what experienced players have told me.

DeletedUser33512

I don't think pre-mades are the problem though. The problem you're referring to is the pre-mades which join in tandem to override alliance cap. So it isn't such a problem with pre-mades in particular, as a LOT of experienced Grepo players use premades to join new worlds, as they like to play with people they can trust.

The EN model is different, and about saturation. I agree, it is annoying, but it's just they way they play, so you either adapt to it, or join a different world.

EDIT: EN have been doing this for around 3 years. I remember when they bossed Daizan and co off the hero world, using this exact tactic.

DeletedUser46495

BTW, I am not against pre-mades, what I am asking is that Grepo comes up with limits and with ways to alleviate situations where it gets way out of hand, as in Ialysos. And they are not quitting, they are having way too much fun being topdogs and having no competition. How is it fair if the fate of a world is determined right from the start? If this is allowed to stand, it will become more and more common practice.

Ruthie2

Phrourach
I don't think pre-mades are the problem though. The problem you're referring to is the pre-mades which join in tandem to override alliance cap. So it isn't such a problem with pre-mades in particular, as a LOT of experienced Grepo players use premades to join new worlds, as they like to play with people they can trust.

The EN model is different, and about saturation. I agree, it is annoying, but it's just they way they play, so you either adapt to it, or join a different world.

EDIT: EN have been doing this for around 3 years. I remember when they bossed Daizan and co off the hero world, using this exact tactic.

No good if they follow you into the next world.

I know how to stop premade alliances only let 5 people who have crowns play in the same alliance

Last edited:

DeletedUser33512

Why would they follow you if they're so successful in their last?

EDIT: Rosenberry, what do you suggest they do to stop it?

The truth of it is, they have the upper hand because they are utilising their pacts in the right way. It also stops any need for recruiting too much later in the world due to inactivity. What you guys need is equally effective pacts you can trust, then you'll have a chance against them. Possibly.

No good if they follow you into the next world.

I know how to stop premade alliances only let 5 people who have crowns play in the same alliance

I'm sorry, but crowns are not that critical in the make up of a player.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5819

200 is huge in a speed 3 world with 40 member cap on alliances. It's never been this bad in any world from what experienced players have told me.
:s
So you are new to the game, but it has never been this bad in any world?
40 is an unusually low alliance cap, the previous world had an unusually high alliance cap of 400.
200 is a completely normal team size.
The low alliance cap on this world makes teaming up between alliances inevitable, and I cannot help noticing that of the 3 new forum members posting in support of this complaint, 2 are in ArchAngels and the other in ArkAngels so I am going to take a random guess that you are all on the same team, and joined the forum together for the purpose of this complaint.

You have joined a world with morale inactive, and the fastest speed available. These worlds are like gold dust for experienced and committed players.

If you want a world biased towards new players there are plenty of them, just look for the setting Morale - Active. That and a slow speed, and the big guys won't bother you too much.

DeletedUser33512

40 is an unusually low alliance cap, the previous world had an unusually high alliance cap of 400.
The low alliance cap on this world makes teaming up between alliances inevitable, and I cannot help noticing that of the 3 new forum members posting in support of this complaint, 2 are in ArchAngels and the other in ArkAngels so I am going to take a random guess that you are all on the same team, and joined the forum together for the purpose of this complaint.

You have joined a world with morale inactive, and the fastest speed available. These worlds are like gold dust for experienced and committed players.

If you want a world biased towards new players there are plenty of them, just look for the setting Morale - Active. That and a slow speed, and the big guys won't bother you too much.

Yup, basically ^^

DeletedUser

is the game worth playing when an alliance starts off 5x the allocated team size?
this is bad sportsmanship and desperately needs to be addressed, tonight i'm leaving Ialysos and i'm most likely gonna quit grepolis completely.
No chance i'm gonna waste my money on a game so heavily exploited anymore!

DeletedUser33512

Well why don't you spend your time arguing against pacting in-game. It's always happened, and always will.

DeletedUser5819

is the game worth playing when an alliance starts off 5x the allocated team size?
this is bad sportsmanship and desperately needs to be addressed, tonight i'm leaving Ialysos and i'm most likely gonna quit grepolis completely.
No chance i'm gonna waste my money on a game so heavily exploited anymore!
I don't believe a word of it.

EDIT: I believe you are quitting this world cos you have been opped successfully, and have also lost cities internally - gifted I suppose. The rest, you know better, and will be back when you have stopped smarting from the loss.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

To make this fair those NE and other alliances that were part of the pre-made. their cities need to be freeze like frank said in his first letter on top to get this so it not lopsided. Then in future they need to do as players recommended in only allowing so many pacts to keep it even battle or something to prevent this not to happen again in any other world. The fate of alliances should not be decided by this tactic they did.

DeletedUser

Each world should be a complete new start.
You should not be able to pick and chose where you start to play, it should be random.
Links to be close and with automatic alliance invite should be stopped.
Then it would be a fair start, people would have to make new game mates, start fresh alliances etc etc.
Would make the start of game a more level playing field.
These big premades make the game boring, it must surely even be boring for them as well, knowing that they really have no competition.
What is the point in winning a server where from the start you have 200 players plus those you have infiltrated into other smaller alliances. This borg like assimilation is spoiling everyone's game.

DeletedUser46495

I did not choose this world, had no idea worlds could be chosen, when I hit the Grepo link this is where they put me. Keep in mind that I am new to Grepo. They need to address making it easier for new players to enjoy the game and have a good experience. This was hoisted on me and thus my complaint. Let me guess, you are part of successful pre-mades and hate a fair fight?