A pre-made of 5 allainces and 200 players in EN73

DeletedUser33512

They need to get rid of World Wonders. Such a poor end game, imo.

DeletedUser19318

Well the guilty Founder will reply!!

For a start, to those players actually on the server playing, I have never come across such a dysfunctional group of enemies.. at one stage the "anti coalition" at 13+ alliances in it.. what happened? you fight between yourselves.. you can't co-ordinate. Your leaders bail in and out of your alliances, you talk yourselves up with great boasts, you won't even do much cross alliance support!!.. end result = a fail.
The game is about politics... learn from this, I with my other founders play a very good game with politics.
Some of the answers to this thread have been logical and 100% correct.. one that did amuse me is the awesome use of MRA.. a MRA of veterans ... rofl... I am also astounded at players that still haven't the basic understanding of that acronym .. it = MASS RECRUITING ALLIANCE... they send invites to the mass unsolicited.
this is something Eviction Notice has never been.. players have to be invited after first applying.. if you can get a player to post on this forum who has ever had a unsolicited invite from me then I will accept on the basis of that one invite, that I invite masses. BUT I do like playing with friends!!! and I have quite a large group of them who I chat with and after many years I actually count them as friends.. and as such when I play.. I play with them... why?? because they are fun, and damn good players. We came into this en73 server not even having made a forum post of a pre made.. just with friends of 120 players.. now those friends all have friends as well and it's been a constant battle to keep the numbers below 200.. atm sitting about 190.. 3 months and I haven't had one yellow player in the Eviction Notice team.. So to expect people to not play with friends is a little unreasonable. So the short answer is play for a few years ... lose at the start.. get great leaders to follow or become one .. and then start winning

DeletedUser5819

@ st412 you addressed 2 posts at me since I twice already answered every point in them.

DeletedUser46495

Well the guilty Founder will reply!!

For a start, to those players actually on the server playing, I have never come across such a dysfunctional group of enemies.. at one stage the "anti coalition" at 13+ alliances in it.. what happened? you fight between yourselves.. you can't co-ordinate. Your leaders bail in and out of your alliances, you talk yourselves up with great boasts, you won't even do much cross alliance support!!.. end result = a fail.
The game is about politics... learn from this, I with my other founders play a very good game with politics.
Some of the answers to this thread have been logical and 100% correct.. one that did amuse me is the awesome use of MRA.. a MRA of veterans ... rofl... I am also astounded at players that still haven't the basic understanding of that acronym .. it = MASS RECRUITING ALLIANCE... they send invites to the mass unsolicited.
this is something Eviction Notice has never been.. players have to be invited after first applying.. if you can get a player to post on this forum who has ever had a unsolicited invite from me then I will accept on the basis of that one invite, that I invite masses. BUT I do like playing with friends!!! and I have quite a large group of them who I chat with and after many years I actually count them as friends.. and as such when I play.. I play with them... why?? because they are fun, and damn good players. We came into this en73 server not even having made a forum post of a pre made.. just with friends of 120 players.. now those friends all have friends as well and it's been a constant battle to keep the numbers below 200.. atm sitting about 190.. 3 months and I haven't had one yellow player in the Eviction Notice team.. So to expect people to not play with friends is a little unreasonable. So the short answer is play for a few years ... lose at the start.. get great leaders to follow or become one .. and then start winning

You are correct, resistance has been a total fail. I am too new to this game to have any influence on leadership. I have met great players and that is rewarding. The problem is your alliance is so feared that no one seems to dare to attack. I've come across this everywhere I've been. To be successful at grepo, you need a very active alliance and an alliance that dares to make things happen. Diplomacy is futile if nobody follows through.

DeletedUser

I know many players in this world from many alliances. There is a lot of respect to go around. Every major alliance in this world has had at least one academy. EN came here as 3 alliances not 5. As soon as they landed the requests to join overflowed the diplomats mail boxes.

Several alliances proclaimed instant dominance, such as Virus did with their PnP. The world started with 4-5 groups (more than one alliance) with the past experience to win a world. Agreements, NAPs, and Pacts were formed in every ocean. I know that Virus got first blood by taking a city form the son of the Op commander of The EN group. All the planning was then focused on them instead of the directions it was previously going. It took less than 24 hours to take down the most boastful alliance on the server. As cities were falling support was coming in from 7 different alliances. (Does this also defeat the purpose of a small alliance cap). Very soon the boasters were silenced.

Time to go back to previous strategies. (clean up the core ocean). Oooops LOD can't leave well enough alone......

They start sending attacks. (Time for a new Op) 18 cities taken one city lost Top player in LOD ghosts. Minor success for a minor Op, but more importantly support for 6 different alliances is found coming into cities during Op (again does this also defeat the purpose of a small alliance cap). Most importantly an alliance who asked us for a NAP (we didn't go looking for any NAPs or Pacts) is caught sending some of that support. Change of direction again.............

Just Us and Only Us have broken a NAP which they asked for and agreed to all terms including not supporting enemies. Op time! I can't even begin to count how many cities were taken with no loses, but with many takes there was again support coming in from 8 different alliances (Including AA and academies). It takes about 10 days to clean up most of the core cities in O44. I will give you a guess who starts taking advantage of this and starts attacking out outlying cities in O65.

DING DING! You are right. It is AA and friends. Time for a new Op methinks...............

20 cities in the first round with very little support arriving for the CS attacks. Has the rest of the server abandoned the alliance who has been supporting them? At this rate AA and their academies will fall quicker than JU

As you can see in the patterns above, every action got a reaction. There may have been 5 alliances in the EN group, but there were at least 9 alliances in the anti EN group. Did they work together to be the most active team on the server? NO! Did they even do more than attack a few cities at a time to become a thorn in the side of EN? NO!

EN has dominated every server that their leader kronnoss has been on from the start of the world. Why is this? Because a good leader surrounds himself with other good leaders. Where would the EN group be without a master diplomat? Nowhere! Where would the EN group be without some great Op planning? Nowhere! Where would the EN group be without a plan that they follow from start to finish? Nowhere! Where would EN be without the teamwork they have built up from one world to the next? Nowhere!

The EN group came here as a group of about 60 players, some of whom asked their friends to join. From the start the plan was to have 2 alliances, but our leaders are too soft to make the needed cuts. Friends of friends and many others have asked to join. How do you say no to everyone when there are 10-20 invite requests every day since the start of the server?

In the end a grepolis server is won by the most active players becoming a team and working towards the same goals. EN has proven they can do this in 4 previous worlds (3 as EN and one as The Musketeers). I am sure that no matter what the circumstances they can prove it again and again. There are other good alliances out there, but they need to stay for an entire server (Tom) to prove they have what it takes.

I agree that Wonders are not the best end to a world. I also agree that servers that take 10-12 months to win are difficult to keep players active. If I could suggest some changes I would make wonders a part of the game from the beginning of the server. Perhaps one wonder race each month starting at month three. This would encourage wonder breaking on a huge scale. Suggestion two would be to have mini worlds where there is a 2-3 month time limit on the server without a wonder end.

Good luck to all who continue in this world. We'll try to be as fair as possible in choosing the next war.

DeletedUser

Nearly every server launched has atleast a couple of premades, that's how this game works. People who do well in one server want to play together in another one as they already know eachother, they have a fully developed system in place and things run smoothly. If someone wants to start a massive premade that's their choice.
To manage 2 seperate alliances at once is difficult enough, if You have to deal with 5 there will be so much lack of information it will be nearly impossible to manage in the long run. If they are 5 different alliances just allied to one-another then it's a bit of a different story but in the end that coalition will break apart... thats what always happens, in every single server ever released, coalitions and alliances fall apart, one founder goes inactive and boom You have an opening to do huge damage.

I would say just suck it up, do Your best to co-ordinate Your efforts against the coaliton and sooner or later that thing will fall apart, might not completely fall apart, but there is no way the 200-player coalition will stand as strong as it is now in a couple of months. Whatever the leaders/founders say it will not happen, people get tired and people leave and thats when things change.

DeletedUser

@ st412 you addressed 2 posts at me since I twice already answered every point in them.

You answered one, by again telling me you have answered the question instead of reiterating what point you claimed to make. I am tired of typing I will re paste.

you deflect it as a silly question, honestly what is to stop it happening again? The tactic works well. Define why it is unlikely to keep happening?

Answer the other question, if this tactic is utilised more. How will this affect the future of grepolis. If we are forced to all play in cliques/borg style.
So... in future we have to prepeare an anti borg, for an anticipated borg?

Seriously. How will this affect the future of grepo if we have to recruit masses in clique before the world is even open every time? How will that affect grepos ability to bring in new custom? or keep old custom?

DeletedUser

Agree.

MRA. Mass recruiting. By definition it does not specify anything about unsolicited mails. To redefine, Mass recruit. ..... mass recruit? Im struggling to redefine this any clearer. You have 4 subordinate alliances. 4 Feeders. If you have not mass recruited, how do you define it?

BUT I do like playing with friends!!! and I have quite a large group of them who I chat with and after many years I actually count them as friends.. and as such when I play.. I play with them... why?? because they are fun, and damn good players. We came into this en73 server not even having made a forum post of a pre made.. just with friends of 120 players.. now those friends all have friends as well and it's been a constant battle to keep the numbers below 200..

Agree. I have no quarrel with the want to play with friends. However judgement is needed, as people play longer ofc everyone will get to know each other. If everyone plays on the same team, balance is distorted. There is little competition which ever way you look at it.

So the short answer is play for a few years ... lose at the start.. get great leaders to follow or become one .. and then start winning

The problem and asset to this game is that history/bonds do not get left behind. Clique issues have so far and will likely get worse as the game ages.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5819

I cba to copy paste, so you can reread them. The answers are spelled out with illustrations.

In a nutshell, to avoid this join only morale worlds, and no, it is not going to happen on morale worlds just so long as inno keep providing non-morale worlds.

That is the answer to all the points you directed at me. Again, for the intricate explanations, please (re)visit the my earlier posts directly addressing this issue.

Just to respond to your next post in advance. Yes, it really is all about morale.

DeletedUser38224

Premades are overrated, there really aren't that many premades that even get to WW phase in their original form(some have a completely different member base), much less win the world.

That being said, Even if they were harming the game seriously, there's absolutely nothing Inno can do in terms of stopping them Besides bugging players computers and overviewing all their skype communications, and even then premades have other means of communicating.

Penalizing players who want to play with people they know is also a ridiculous idea.

A lot of people like to blame their failure in a world on something, in the OP's case it's premades, but there's always something., even if premades were gone.

All in all, It's impossible to stop premades, and doing so would have no Positive impact on the game. In fact, it would have a negative impact for a lot of players.

DeletedUser46495

I like the idea of a 2 to 3 month world. I find a speed 3 world to be slow, i can only imagine how deathly slow a speed 1 world is. A short duration world would resolve a lot of issues, and would be challenging to everyone because new strategies would need to be adopted. Also, either no WW's, or have WW's right from the start would also make it a lot more exciting for everyone.

DeletedUser

See you missed the point. Not subordinates. All one, which is why they win.

Xtreme, How does this detract from the point? Only 1 out of the 5 can enter hall of fame. They can swap players from the other 4 to take crowns. They can play as one. But they are not one. They are over ally cap. No point of view will change that.

Sirloin. Please reiterate. A direct answer is not a referral to earlier in thread. It deflects from providing a straight answer.

Awesomness. Premades can easily be halted by not allowing players to choose direction or follow a link. It is a simple solution.
Majority of premades are overrated as you say, some are not. Most alliances now are premades. It could make an interesting server either way. You state it would have negative effects, without any positives. Yet you do not state why you feel that way.

DeletedUser38224

Actually I did state why it would have negative effects.

Even if you don't let players choose their starting direction, Core premades still work(Most worlds are so small nowadays that it doesn't matter anyway). Players who start in the four core oceans are very close together, especially if they do it early on. It makes starting a premade quite a bit more difficult, but not impossible.

DeletedUser19318

MRA. Mass recruiting. By definition it does not specify anything about unsolicited mails. To redefine, Mass recruit. ..... mass recruit? Im struggling to redefine this any clearer. You have 4 subordinate alliances. 4 Feeders. If you have not mass recruited, how do you define it?

maybe I've played for a few to many years.. but originally this was a description about alliances that landed in worlds and sent out huge amount of invites to anyone they could click on.. they never mailed .. just MRA'd... you may have a different reality than this but 4 years of playing this was how I perceived it and how it was. The new definition seems to be any alliance that's better than you or has a full membership.. they get called a MRA to maybe make the enemy players involved seem righteously on a higher morale ground since they aren't recruiting players.. they are just losing them.. they are in effect MLA's .. mass losing alliances. The term has always bugged me as no matter what the circumstances it's the "retard" card that gets thrown out.. "I can't win any other way".. so I'll use this term to make me feel better.. we are a MFA.. mass friends alliance.. or maybe a MF allaince... if you know what I mean ;)

DeletedUser

Nice perspective :p You may be an MFA too. Agree about old style MRA assumptions. It was what constituted MRAs back in the day. MRA in its most basic form is mass recruiting. Large player count.

Possibly right awesomeness.

DeletedUser5819

Sirloin. Please reiterate. A direct answer is not a referral to earlier in thread. It deflects from providing a straight answer.
Whilst a referral to an earlier thread (may or) may not be a direct answer, I provided both. Separately. In the same post.

DeletedUser

wow. this has become 3 different arguments in one thread. lets go back to the main point about EN. There is nothing inno can do and it would unfair against players who want to play with mates. Links are to recruit people or though yes they can be used for other things picking a random direction is unfair. people have every right to do these "borg" style plans it may be unfair but if you don't want it to happen go play on a speed 1 world with morale and stop coming on here annoying a good alliance.