A Public Message to the Leaders of OCEANS VETERANS

DeletedUser

Do I know you?

Anyway..

lol big players. my rank in OV is 76. World 380...

I take it you tried to take THE ONLY city I have alliance LTS in and failed repeatedly?

It doesn't matter who I am, I am just giving an example of how selfish are the players from OV, and you are a good example (of course there are many players like that). You never send support, or try to help breaking your alliance mates daily sieges but yet you are keeping LTS in your "precious" city. How else would you call it? I call it "selfish".

DeletedUser22708

Fara the only thing he does is either colonize, take small ghosts or take a city on an island with no FV's on. Attempting to siege a Venom proves too hard for him :D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser32412

Looks like you had the final word Digi..

Been reading this thread daily from the beginning. Why? well I have come up against the same players in OV myself and for a moment I thought it was me that was thinking things that were not true. Truth is OV players are a woeful individually but as a group they are strong simply because they keep going even if they are getting slaughtered.

You venom guys are spot on in what you are saying and I have to say right at the very first post of this thread I nearly choked to death when I first read the praise given to some of the players mentioned.

It is alliances like OV that ruin the game play of grepolis. Grepolis is meant to be about the fight and the battles. About competing with your enemies to out wit and out play your opposite number. Sadly the majority of ppl who play grepolis only seem to play it as a sort of grind. Something they just need to survive at and that usually means avoiding conflict, growing on the conquest of noobs & the weak, ghosts or colonising. Never about taking on another of equal measure.

Great to see a real player like yourself Digi still going strong and still looking to go toe to toe with you opposite number. Just sucks a bit when your opposite number wont fight back or only ever ducks and covers isnt it?

Credit should be given where it is due and OV do well at what they do but that isnt fighting. It is surviving and if they manage to become big enough they will be to big to over come and the trend these days is that the number of real players is dwindling. Well that is how I see it, hope I am wrong, just because I love to play grepo and in the short term at least hope the next world which I will be joining and playing is going to be everything I know grepo can be. Epic!

DeletedUser22708

Well written MightyDuff, been a while since i've seen your name pop up in the forums :)

DeletedUser32412

Never been one for commenting on the ex forum to much. To outspoken for my own good most of the time among other things lol

DeletedUser13405

Love it MightyDuff!

We just may have a few more tricks up our Venomous sleeves to show OV ;-)

DeletedUser32412

Hey kda :)

Last time I linked up with you guys it didnt work out but I know from Calydon you guys are quality players, I virtually begged to sign up with you guys in that world :)

I guess the point of my post here was to highlight the way grepolis is heading. It is a shame but it is down to ppl who actually see the scope this game who have to keep playing it the right way or this game would suck.

I read posts with ppl complaining about the end game of the servers we play on. But lets be honest the problem is not the game, it is the majority of players playing it. imo the game itself is great (if anything I think they tamper with it far to much) and if it was played correctly from beginning to end, it would be probably the best strat game I have ever played.

The only thing I would change about grepolis is this. When you lose a city, you dont get your slot back. That would make grepo far more competitive imo

Come WW it is about numbers and sadly that plays directly into the hands of the majority. The majority of the few who like a fight dont stick it out to WWs because it has the reputation of being nothing more than a sim fest. Mass numbers piling in the rez to WWs essentially wins.

Oh how I yearn for and to be a part of an alliance that takes the other approach. Bucks the trend and plays that phase of the world the way it was intended. It was intended to bring the game to a climax. A climax of epic proportions. Instead of setting up to sim WWs, how about setting up to engage them in the same manner as cities, why build them all when you can conquer them, just build the one to make sure nobody else can steal the crown.

Alliances like OV are thinking about WWs. I get it I really do. They want to win and I suppose if you can do that without having to really show any quality by simply making your self bigger than everyone else. Make it a war of attrition. Then I guess that is fine winning is winning. But it is ruining what is essentially a war game. Take out the war aspect and grepolis well then it wouldnt be grepolis.

Play grepolis the way it was intended to be played by the makers. That is what I think.

Itching to get playing again, lol can you tell? Hahaha January just wont come fast enough.

DeletedUser25249

Well i hope your circumstances have gotten better since last we talked, as for the game here in rhamma, i dont mind ov all that much myself, i to simmed hard the first 3 months and only now have gotten back to any respectable activity level, so i cant exactly point fingers aye.
The ww is a joke really, some of the best players in this game dont have a crown, and some of the biggest nooblets do, how does that happen? just as you say the quality usually get bored and go away.

Merry Xmas to all

DeletedUser

this thread has maybe grown to the biggest collection of trashtalk in the entire en. forum, which is a good thing by definition. I guess. lol

rhammus is like a big fat pimple right on the face of a teenager. such a big deal for the short time it lasts :D

it was a good feeling to pop it and see the blood coming :D

But seriously let me share some of my thoughts:

Im pretty sure Inno will open 2 new worlds ( CQ and Rev ) at the same time shortly before WW starts on rhammus. That will spice up the competition a lot as all alliances have to do everything to keep their players involved in such a low city count WW szenario. Nobody really have any experience in this type of WW stage. The ability of participating leaderships to think out of the box will be a major factor on winning this world.

I really only know the remaining leadership of Venom/Ruse after I quit and therefore I only can estimate how likely it will be for other leaderships to overcome them and win this world. I wont share this one though :D
But I made some personal conclusions and the result is shown ingame. Anyways..

People should not fall for the numbers game in such an unique low econ WW scenario.
In general the map is always telling most of the story when city counts of the competing alliances are kinda low. ( Absolutely speaking regarding the static Ress/Favor Requirements )
Im not taking into account which coops may form on the fly or not. It will always be a significant game changer when one contesting alliance decides to gift the victory to another one.

These static Requirements for WW induce an interesting dynamic on rhammus on what will be the deciding factor at the end. I hope its obvious to everyone that troop counts dont come into the equation at all in this stage of the game. Everyone gets the isolation for free and so the decision making on
- location ( in terms of infrastructure, not War affairs)
- pact partners
- Communication within the alliance
- and most importantly the fine tuning on task allocation

will be absolutely crucial when it comes down to speed.
Its way more important than in "normal" WW stages. Small mistakes will become huge issues very quickly. Everything gets multiplied by the unnatural pace of this world.

Thats the one thing I really like about rhammus generally speaking.
This world will be won by knowledge and experience not by activity/bruteforce. Because thats what allow you to adapt to unknown situations.

There you go guys.
GL to everyone. Merry Xmas and a happy new year.

keke

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser22708

Hey kda :)

Last time I linked up with you guys it didnt work out but I know from Calydon you guys are quality players, I virtually begged to sign up with you guys in that world :)

I guess the point of my post here was to highlight the way grepolis is heading. It is a shame but it is down to ppl who actually see the scope this game who have to keep playing it the right way or this game would suck.

I read posts with ppl complaining about the end game of the servers we play on. But lets be honest the problem is not the game, it is the majority of players playing it. imo the game itself is great (if anything I think they tamper with it far to much) and if it was played correctly from beginning to end, it would be probably the best strat game I have ever played.

The only thing I would change about grepolis is this. When you lose a city, you dont get your slot back. That would make grepo far more competitive imo

Come WW it is about numbers and sadly that plays directly into the hands of the majority. The majority of the few who like a fight dont stick it out to WWs because it has the reputation of being nothing more than a sim fest. Mass numbers piling in the rez to WWs essentially wins.

Oh how I yearn for and to be a part of an alliance that takes the other approach. Bucks the trend and plays that phase of the world the way it was intended. It was intended to bring the game to a climax. A climax of epic proportions. Instead of setting up to sim WWs, how about setting up to engage them in the same manner as cities, why build them all when you can conquer them, just build the one to make sure nobody else can steal the crown.

Alliances like OV are thinking about WWs. I get it I really do. They want to win and I suppose if you can do that without having to really show any quality by simply making your self bigger than everyone else. Make it a war of attrition. Then I guess that is fine winning is winning. But it is ruining what is essentially a war game. Take out the war aspect and grepolis well then it wouldnt be grepolis.

Play grepolis the way it was intended to be played by the makers. That is what I think.

Itching to get playing again, lol can you tell? Hahaha January just wont come fast enough.

I don't really mind WW's at a certain level. I kinda look forward to them because i see it as a challenge for me to take a city on an enemy WW island. Let's see what happens in this world

DeletedUser32412

So basically keke you see it going the same way here in Rhammus as every other world.

Like I said the end game is meant to be an epic battle not a ceasefire. Takes players like Digi and Co imo to buck the trend..lol no pressure boys and girls :D

Will be looking in on this world to follow along with events. Will be interesting to see whether simmer or grepo player prevails. gl to all :)

Merry Xmas and I Hope everyone has a happy new year.

Right common inno release this new world so as to stop me blabbering on the externals :Angry:

DeletedUser

I don't really mind WW's at a certain level. I kinda look forward to them because i see it as a challenge for me to take a city on an enemy WW island. Let's see what happens in this world

So full of BS. Be honest for a change it will feel good, the only challenge you have ever looked for is catching any decent player offline.

DeletedUser22708

So full of BS. Be honest for a change it will feel good, the only challenge you have ever looked for is catching any decent player offline.

Do you consider yourself a decent player? You abandoned your alliance in times of need and you build high walls in cities where you build LS...

greg_zps5ea77a00.jpg

I'm not complaining though, it's easier for me to hold a siege.

But next time when i catch you offline, i'll wait till you come online to send a cs, as apparently you would do that...

This+is+gold+best+laugh+for+today+_4e6367ced907a93b7324e38aa533881d.jpeg

DeletedUser

Decent enough. You stabbed us in the back and made us enemies. We were smaller, so you calculated your risk and threw us overboard. I got us our pound of flesh, and we know the misery we caused and now I am done with you. Are you still happy with that decision, so long ago, no need to answer, your incapable of telling the truth anyway, even to yourself I think. Funny thing is you do not realize 90 percent of the people here know that.

Oh, and dont take this too seriously

DeletedUser43325

Decent enough. You stabbed us in the back and made us enemies. We were smaller, so you calculated your risk and threw us overboard. I got us our pound of flesh, and we know the misery we caused and now I am done with you. Are you still happy with that decision, so long ago, no need to answer, your incapable of telling the truth anyway, even to yourself I think. Funny thing is you do not realize 90 percent of the people here know that.

Oh, and dont take this too seriously

You guys caused us misery? Must have missed that part.