A Public Message to the Leaders of OCEANS VETERANS

DeletedUser43325

OV Leadership,

It's me, your friendly neighborhood Miknel. We know each other pretty well. We hung out for a little bit in Corinth a while back. We've been kicking it here on Rhammus as pretty cozy neighbors for quite some time. I write this letter as a formal appeal to you begging you to change your style of play.

Quite simply, you're ruining the game. It is no secret that your primary Grepolis strategy is based on colonizing and filling up every spot on an island. You would much rather colonize a 900 point city then take the 13k enemy city right next to it. It's just easier that way. You've been quoted as saying in the past that "little cities become big cities" in a threatening tone, as if you are actually going to do something with that "big city" once it's "big enough." But lets be real. 95% of your alliance would be much more inclined to sim that little city to a big city (17k, undoubtedly) and use it to build defense and send out more CS's to open spots on islands. Yes, the little city became a big city. A big, annoying, non-threatening city.

To be fair, not all of OV is guilty of this. I genuinely do respect players like jafy, warlord, dapyx, skyninja, blackpig, probably some others that I just haven't had any in-game experience with yet (even though I have seen piggy gold his way from a brand new city to 2k slingers in about a day). Those players actually like to conquer cities - what an anomaly for you! You must be so proud of them. And to them I would say - stop wasting your time with a bunch of simmers and come over to the dark side where we actually like to fight stuff. But I digress. This message is not directed at those of you that play the game the way it should be played with an aggressive and competitive mentality.

No, this is to your leadership. You, MissusR, Dr. Wood, and whatever other minions you have brainwashed on you council to convince them that the passive approach is the most effective approach. You are ruining this game. Rather than conquering your enemy and allowing existing cities to change hands, you choose to colonize all over the map all day long. Your incessant colonizing is adding cities to the map that wouldn't otherwise be there - thus adding to the overall point total and speeding up the server in a way that I highly doubt has been seen before on any server thus far. At this rate, I estimate we will be in world wonders by next February or March - meaning the server will not have even taken a year to reach it's end game scenario. Of course, this is an ideal scenario for an alliance built around simming. But for us that actually enjoy playing the game the way it is meant to be played, and more specifically enjoy playing this server, just stop.

Whats worse, is that your gameplay is causing others to have to match it, making the cycle spiral even more out of control. I hadn't colonized a single city in almost five years of play - not even for the stupid award that comes with it that could've allowed me in a hero world (side note: Your registration date: 2010-01-15). Not. A. Single. One. My entire Grepo tenure has been based on conquering whatever poor sap happens to be my enemy. It used to be that we would kick out any player that would EVER colonize. However, because of the way you play, I was forced to colonize cities here to fill up my alliances own islands with blue flags. That is not the way I want to play this game. It disgusts me.

So please, for the love of Rhammus, for the love of Grepolis, man up. Fight someone. Take some cities. Real, enemy cities. And I'm not talking about cities from players who show 0's in activity on Grepointel. I'm talking about the active ones that you actually have to worry about when you go to sleep at night. I will gladly lose cities to you if it means you are actually going to put up a fight rather then throw up a 900 point red flag next to me as if that makes me feel threatened.

Peace and blessing
Miknel, a simple noob of Venominium

Milos21

Phrourach
Thank you. Finally someone has put my thoughts into words.
Missus, remember Corinth where you colonized in that rim ocean right next to core (Permanent Ban held 4 core oceans)? What was that, 034 or O33. That has not ended well.
Simmers dont win wars or WW race. Warriors do. Learn your players how to fight. When they dont have the time, they can sim and build def for others. But colonization is cancer of grepolis. Remember first couple of servers when we had 5 cities per island. that was fun. 20 colonized cities per island is not fun. Instead to run to the rim, you now run to the core by filling those islands. You are alliance with most points on the server and you hold one core ocean. YOUR TASK IS TO TRY AND TAKE 2, 3 or 4. Expand, attack. You started thinking about WW phase before the server actually started. Crown is disgrace, fighters dont need it.

DeletedUser43442

This is by far the longest yet in the same time most pointless post you have ever written Mik.Basically you told them if they keep simming they will outsim everyone to a win,what was their plan from the beginning.Nice try thou

DeletedUser3613

thats not the worst part !!! own up ov ..... who peed on the seat ??? (raises eyebrow in disgust)

DeletedUser3613

I was to drunk to stand up pee chanla !! its defo some ov cat !!

DeletedUser

On that note, I would like to clear something up for the ladies: yes, we can aim. However, there is sometimes a random stream that goes awry from the rest of the flow resulting in undesirable liquid all over the floor, walls, and sometimes ceiling. We do the best we can to clean it up and hope no one notices, but it's nearly impossible because we're so focused on getting the errant gush into the receptacle that we just end up making much more of a mess and have no idea where it all is.

No one tell my beloved that this just happened - maybe she'll think that she did it.

DeletedUser47953

OV's response:

Thank you so much for your concern regarding our actions in Oceans we control and our efforts to block your colonizations on OUR islands such as the few RED cities in the O54 area that you did colonize before we got wise to your efforts...

We have welcomed these islands with repeated attacks and the truth is, I love Abegon13 for putting such nice BP farms so close to my core cities which allows me to pound him and get ABP all the time...

Heck, you folks don't even have birs in most of the cities... I have to look hard to find places to put my LS...

In the end, it is about who is in charge of certain areas and those RED cities are not going to expand... They are BP farms for now and will be taken when we want. I don't want Abegon's cities, I will take them if needed, but I already have cities on his islands...

Basically, you all are acting like a bunch of kids pretending you are scary with your mask face profiles and we are ACTUALLY pounding you into oblivion wherever we decide to take cities.

You used to be like, "We have taken 30 cities to 2 from OV" Now it's more like "We have taken 10 cities in the last month and OV has taken 30..."

This means the tide has turned and you are on the wane... Good luck with recruiting our players lols!

We are winning the war now and you have your leader mailing our players to join you... OMG, why join the people we are taking cities from... OMG, WT...

Please get out of diapers people. OV IS the alliance to be in...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

zen, you keep saying things that are just untrue lol. Maybe use your LS to break sieges next time cos we are the ones taking cities mate, last city you guys took was almost 2 weeks ago :D

DeletedUser11886

Lol'd at this post. TBH OV could do without pacting with every alliance they meet though...

DeletedUser43325

I love how Zen always shuts up when we start talking about the stats.

DeletedUser

I'm sorry Zen, what was that about OV turning the fight around...?

8fd76a3bec627096a13c8b2a31572b34.jpg

DeletedUser

You used to be like, "We have taken 30 cities to 2 from OV" Now it's more like "We have taken 10 cities in the last month and OV has colonized 30..."

fixed

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser39812

OV's response:

You used to be like, "We have taken 30 cities to 2 from OV" Now it's more like "We have taken 10 cities in the last month and OV has taken 30..."

Zen tripped and fell off the cardboard box pedestal and is back to delivering me BP...

Zenerally Lost :p

DeletedUser41715

i dont agree with Miknel's post that they are ruining the game. every alliance can do whatever they believe right in order to win the crown. that is the ultimate goal of the game. however this is a war game and not farmville only to build things and feed chicken. if OV players feel ok with this tactic then its ok i guess. if not, then its sure that they will join other alliances or just quit. so simple. But what i want to say is that from my experience this tactic is not winning the crowns. this tactic is driving away the fighters and attracks the noobs who want to feel secure under the wings of a huge alliance surrounded only by blue and green dots. While playing on Cythera, my alliance there ''Little dwarfs'', was doing the same thing. only focus on WW and colonizing and no fighting spirit at all. the result was every fighter to quit and we lost the crown in the end. even if the merge of alliance N.2 & N.3 didnt take place, it was certain that they would manage somehow to land a cs to our WW islands and ruin the effort.

DeletedUser

Well personally I think the introduction of WW has ruined this game! Alliances now days come to new worlds to win a crown by simming and not coming to worlds to fight! That's just a shame! This is my first world for over a year and before that I was getting annoyed with WW because every world went dead just as WW started, this world seems to be even worse, alliances don't even fight back now when certain alliances take their cities, they just colonise another 3 cities somewhere else, I'm on the rim and its happening here too! It's actually getting boring fighting wars when the other side don't even fight back :(

This is my last world for sure and the way things are going I doubt I'll even last in this one :(

DeletedUser

i dont agree with Miknel's post that they are ruining the game. every alliance can do whatever they believe right in order to win the crown. that is the ultimate goal of the game. however this is a war game and not farmville only to build things and feed chicken. if OV players feel ok with this tactic then its ok i guess. if not, then its sure that they will join other alliances or just quit. so simple. But what i want to say is that from my experience this tactic is not winning the crowns. this tactic is driving away the fighters and attracks the noobs who want to feel secure under the wings of a huge alliance surrounded only by blue and green dots. While playing on Cythera, my alliance there ''Little dwarfs'', was doing the same thing. only focus on WW and colonizing and no fighting spirit at all. the result was every fighter to quit and we lost the crown in the end. even if the merge of alliance N.2 & N.3 didnt take place, it was certain that they would manage somehow to land a cs to our WW islands and ruin the effort.

Hmmm... Grep is changing. It is becoming a social network wrapped in a browser game.