A quick look at west O-65

DeletedUser

The only reason I'm looking at this ocean is that I'm on the border.
Seeing the choices of alliances in O-55, it's just my way of thinking out loud.

ALLIANCES IN BOLD ARE MY PERSONAL SUGGESTIONS. Of course, depends on what you are looking for..

The Griffins: They have a nice core in the middle-west and south-west but have spread themselves a bit too much along the north. Not really sure what to think of this alliance. I don't think is MRA, maybe close. Probably easy to join them, but their description, although an interesting read, really doesn't describe the alliance very well. I give it an over-average rating just because the leader shows some sort of intelligence with the description and has a good core.

The Knights: Very nice middle-north core, however, looks can be deceiving. I read the profile and realize there are tons of leaders, meaning the founder does not have a tight grip on what is going on. This is fine short-term, but in the long-run, this alliance will want the leader to step-up, and there are just too many. Drama-oriented.

The Lycans: Again, nice core on north-west. Profile description is a bit disappointing. They seem to expect success to just come upon them, whereas success needs to be earned. There is nothing which describes how they will achieve this success. Average rating, probably better than 75% of the O-55 alliances.

Warriors of Legend: 11 members, 6 of them founders. No core, maybe a bit around the centre of the ocean. They expect obedience from I don't know who, with more than half their members having founder rights. This should be funny to watch fall quickly.

Barbarians: Based in 3 different oceans, at south-west of O-65 is maybe their base. Hard to say, they are too spread out. They really do look like barbarians. Easy prey.

Knights of Valor: South-west core. Decent description. If I was in that sector, I would consider them. Seems well organised.

DeletedUser

As founder of The Knights of Valor I must say that it's flattering that we even made this post. I didn't think that anyone would notice us just yet. As for the other members in your list I would like to add some things

The Griffins/ The Knights/ The Lycans: Even with the drama that you pointed out about The Knights they have my respect as of now. Or enough to make this list. I wouldn't go as far as to say that I fear any of these alliances, but they all seem to be well built and I think their leaderships know what they're doing. I'm looking forward to having to work, or maybe fight, with these guys in the future.

Warriors of Legend: As my alliance already has a decent amount of leaders I can't judge them solely on that. Remember, we judge ourselves by our intentions and others by their actions. I have the number of leaders I do for political reasons, and though I doubt the same holds true in their case I can't count them out for it. Still I don't think these guys are ready to play with the big boys and they should make for nice BP farms in the future.

The Barbarians: I don't know where to start with these guys. Perhaps I'll start with the founder as that is where my story begins. The founder of this alliance started as a member of The Knights of Valor. However he kept demanding certain rights and he was clearly not ready to be a leader. He can barely form a coherent sentence so I highly doubt that he could lead us in times of war. To make a long story short he left the KoV because he wanted to be recognized and make a name for himself. No problem here bro. If that's what you want to do. . . But I think that he noticed the growth (slow growth, but growth nonetheless) of my alliance and started going all MRA on Sestos. This alliance is so spread out that by the time their transports hit the shores of an ally city my CS will have already conquered it. They're inefficient, sword swinging noobs. They ARE, in every sense of the word, actual BARBARIANS. I do not exaggerate when I say that I look forward to nothing more than taking their cities and watching them try to run to their pact members when they realize just how big a mistake they made. And they will. As they are in a pact with The Griffins. But I don't see The Griffins wasting manpower to help a bunch of frightened noobs. They seem much smarter than that.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Whats the alliance name? Knights of Valor? The Knights of Valor? Can't find them when I search.

DeletedUser

Blood,

So let me get this straight. You talk about beating up on the Barbarians and taking their lunch money. Then you merge with The Knights, an alliance with a "Personal Pact" with the Barbarians????

Am I missing something here???

OK. So I am in the middle of 65, surrounded by alliances, and not a single one worth joining yet. This must be the ocean of "Brotherly Love", cause every alliance is intertwined in a pact with all the other alliances. Their is not a single strong, independent voice among the bunch yet.

And they all keep PMing me to "Join our alliance, were the best, blah, blah, blah..." or "What would it take for you to join our alliance?"

You know what it will take, an alliance to stand up and start a fight with someone, a fight I can get into. And some organization too. None of these alliances are centrally located, They have members stretched all over the ocean. You can not properly support a member in need who is 6 hours away. But like I said that should not be a problem, because I so not see any serious hostilities breaking out any time soon by the alliances in this ocean, so no one will need support.

Yawn.

DeletedUser

Agamemnon, I wish that I could report something far better to you. Or that I could even say that I did not know about that pact. But the fact of the matter is, I'm not a part of Knights Watch anymore. Shortly after that post I was forced to restart my account because of troubles with the Griffins and I decided that the only way to promptly end the feud would be my withdrawal from the alliance (I'd be happy to tell the story if you guys want, though it is a long one). So now I am in a completely different ocean with a completely different alliance. Any questions? I'd be happy to answer.

DeletedUser

I have joined The Griffins. They seemed to be the best choice for now. They have some decent players as does The Knights and Barbarians. I am working with the leaders and founder to focus the alliance into a more cohesive, organized, team-oriented organization, with defined criteria to be a member and a defined mission.

All of the silly pacts and naps are already in place, but many are starting to come unraveled, with pact members and allies with NAP's un-provokingly attacking each other. Wow really who could have seen that coming?

The day before I joined, I warned the guy trying to recruit me that certain pacts where less than useless and where only going to lead to trouble, and sure enough within hours of my joining, an alliance we had a pact with started attacking our players. Who could have seen it coming? Me.

Over time given the natural attrition of the game, I hope that the strong players from the three main alliances that have pacts will be able to join into one Uber-Alliance...... if everyone's ego does not get in the way.

DeletedUser

I'm right next to you guys in Ocean 66, and I have to say, I joined a top guild, and left because it had something along the lines of 20 pacts... I left for the #1 in the Ocean, #3 in the server, and we have ONE pact, that's more like it :cool:

Plus was happy to find out it wasn't an MRA, we are actually quite picky when it comes to inviting players, and get rid of the trash soon.

DeletedUser

The Griffins like The Knights started out as a MRA, with members scattered all over the ocean, and little to no minimum to join. For the past couple of weeks we have cut out the players who are inactive, inactive in the forums, or just so far away from the core of the alliance as to make it impractical that we could ever support them when needed. Our ranking may have dropped a place or two, but our ABP and overall player averages have increased, as we work to build a team.