A Second Unexpected Occurrence

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
So as I started playing and growing very quickly ingame I gained a bit of attention including a large number of pm's from people asking me to join their alliance. I basically turned them all down as I wasn't sure if I was planning to keep playing but BP is over and I've maintained my rank more or less. Now my plan was to keep playing as I do enjoy revolt and I had joined an alliance after I was asked to join due to a very friendly conversation with Uncle Bulgaria.

Now this morning I wake up to see an incoming attack from, guess who, Uncle Bulgaria. I consider what I've done wrong. Inactivity? Nope. Fail to set up tripwires on island mates' cities? Nope. Send defense to people who are in revolt. Was getting ready to time some support for an ongoing revolt. The attack lands and BAM, revolt started.

A few days ago the leader, or one of them, from The Barbarians complained about Syndicate's lack of honor with their use of spies. However, one of Barbarians leaders was more than happy to revolt an active member with no warning. Fairly classic case of pot calling the kettle black. I had gotten the sense that Syndicate were the "bad guys" but I suppose I jumped to conclusions.

Anyways, this was just me semi ranting about an alliance's shadiness. Probably best to keep that in mind if you're a player or an alliance thinking of having some form of friendly interaction with The Barbarians.

DeletedUser24785

So as I started playing and growing very quickly ingame I gained a bit of attention including a large number of pm's from people asking me to join their alliance. I basically turned them all down as I wasn't sure if I was planning to keep playing but BP is over and I've maintained my rank more or less. Now my plan was to keep playing as I do enjoy revolt and I had joined an alliance after I was asked to join due to a very friendly conversation with Uncle Bulgaria.

Now this morning I wake up to see an incoming attack from, guess who, Uncle Bulgaria. I consider what I've done wrong. Inactivity? Nope. Fail to set up tripwires on island mates' cities? Nope. Send defense to people who are in revolt. Was getting ready to time some support for an ongoing revolt. The attack lands and BAM, revolt started.

A few days ago the leader, or one of them, from The Barbarians complained about Syndicate's lack of honor with their use of spies. However, one of Barbarians leaders was more than happy to revolt an active member with no warning. Fairly classic case of pot calling the kettle black. I had gotten the sense that Syndicate were the "bad guys" but I suppose I jumped to conclusions.

Anyways, this was just me semi ranting about an alliance's shadiness. Probably best to keep that in mind if you're a player or an alliance thinking of having some form of friendly interaction with The Barbarians.

Maybe you should have been more active as a member, replied to mails, joined in on alliance forum, you seem active enough on this one. The Barbarians are a team, we have no time for mavericks regardless of points gained who don't play as a team member. We have never ejected a player who plays as a team member.You have also been given the opportunity to become more active and stay , from this i assume our talks in game are irrelevent.

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
You're right I could have said Hi on the forum. But that is literally all there is to do in BP when there are no enemies on your island to coordinate with alliance mates against. I don't take part in off topic conversations due to the fact I'm super busy and I don't reply to certain mails because they don't read like they are expecting a response. Someone says welcome to the alliance in a message and they want what as a response? Also why would I want to stay in an alliance that attacked me with no warning and when asked one of the given reasons was for something that was said to the alliance before I joined.

I'm not so much upset with the alliance but rather I'm upset with myself. I chose a poor alliance and I paid the price. It happens.

DeletedUser24785

No we chose a poor team player, that's now rectified :pro:

DeletedUser

Due to some unavoidable circumstances, i did play some part of the prev world with the barbs, and am happy for you that you are getting an early exit. You dnt have to live to see their inner fights to take over internals. Then theres Uncle Bulgaria threatening,to ghost in a drop of a hat.. I am Happy for you BT. Probably you should consider accepting Mals offer.:D

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
See this is what happens when I stop playing for awhile. People say it's nice to see you again and I have to pretend I remember who they were from some previous world. Then I go and join their alliance. I'm too trusting :( Going to go drown my sorrows in a cup of hot cocoa.

DeletedUser24785

Or they could think, hey that alliance doesn't keep hold of simming non-interactive members, maybe we could work with them. Guess that's for others to decide, either way no free rides here.:pro:

DeletedUser25074

Yes i would consider that spam and give him a spanking :p

But wow turning on your own members just because they didnt say hi lol thats low.

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
I mean I kind of get it. Who doesn't want to talk to me? I'm funny and just generally awesome. Also humble, like the most humble person.

DeletedUser46251

Seems harsh to me this early in the server, fair enough later on if you haven't been helping with support or operations.

DeletedUser37640

Good to know about them and how they treat each other. Hope to see you in another world.

DeletedUser

This is just ridiculous the world has been open like a week if your active and making moves in game i don't care if you don't talk to me at all, some people want to just play the game they are not obligated to be friendly.

DeletedUser39822

We were fortunate enough to get both sides of the story and I must say this is some fairly brutal treatment of one of their own. Two months into the world and leadership would have had a valid argument but a player that has only been with them a couple of days and just coming out of BP? Sounds premeditated on the part of the attacker........BP ends and the world is your oyster but you set your immediate sights on your own player with a good sized city for the most suspect of reasons.

DeletedUser24785

If you think you have time to mess about with your own memberships you may as well give TS the crown now. With their already proven leadership, teamwork ethic and outstanding individuals you have no chance unless you sort it out quickly.I'm not here to debate the whys and where fores that an alliance matter, only players willing to be part of this alliance in all aspects will stay.

DeletedUser49112

And you can tell who is willing to be part of the alliance in all aspects 1 day after BP finishes? And either way if someone who put in the work Baudin did deserves to be kicked I can see a lot of other members that should be getting the boot soon. Are you slimming down to 20 "elite" players?

DeletedUser

I can kind of see this from both sides, in one way the Barbarians were right but in another light it was very harsh to begin attacks so quickly, although having said that I have no idea of the actual time frame.

Although the facts remain - we've just left BP. Things like this shouldn't be happening already.

DeletedUser48452

I was in Barbarians in Sinope, it was a good alliance until there leader timothy dewey come from retirement.
We beat a fudge out of Coming Soon and there boring coalition with our allays, but then Barbarians BIG LEADER timothy dewey come back to play and show has started.

Becasue he was a founder of Barbarians 100 years ago our leader give him leadership option as a respect, and then he, with few of his "followers" take over our alliance, they take away leadership from our real leaders and we fall apart.

So, what do you expect from alliance where leader is timothy dewey.

Last edited by a moderator: