A Short And Sound Plan To Save Grepolis

DeletedUser41523

Meh, game is already dead. Just combine the player bases from all the servers, let people keep all their wins and achievements. That's the only I could see this game surviving for another few years. Otherwise, player counts are just gonna keep going down and down on each individual server as this game slowly dies out. The core oceans are barely getting filled up anymore, let alone any type of rim ocean.
Suggested this before as well

BLG-CH

Phrourach
and to be honest @Baudin Toolan and @Hydna take a look at it again. We need inno to either give us grepo 2.0 and new platform, or combine some servers
Inno could hire some of us to write grepo 2.0
smiley-emoticons-flucht2.gif

1saaa

Strategos
I feel that one thing grepolis needs above all else is an influx of new players. It's the same people playing every server and it's so hard for newer players to learn the ropes because all the experienced players are together. It also just makes servers so boring, having every server be 4 teams across 4 oceans max is just so boring. There's no way around that.

On that note, another thing that could really help grepo keep on going is just reducing the amount of servers. Cutting numbers down to 1 new server every 2 months instead of one every month would really help funnel the players left into larger and funner worlds.

I can't speak for others here, but I know that the times when fiasco players gold the most is when we're facing legitimate tough competition, I'd assume it's the same for other teams. If inno wants us to open our wallets, put us in a position where that's actually a good play.

Kosti

Phrourach
Imo they should close out worlds a lot faster... Or make sure some end games dont drag out for too long (WW)

I dont get why 130 is still open when the 7 WW have been built by 1 alliance, force players to move on to new worlds instead of being stuck in one

NutsNBoltz

Strategos
Imo they should close out worlds a lot faster... Or make sure some end games dont drag out for too long (WW)

I dont get why 130 is still open when the 7 WW have been built by 1 alliance, force players to move on to new worlds instead of being stuck in one

agreed. similar to domination

when 7 ww and master of the world is given out, should be closed in2 weeks

NutsNBoltz

Strategos
game becomes dead when you cant even fully fill core 4 oceans... seeing how recent worlds look i dont even want to return.

but if we all enjoy and want it to get better how does this help at all? this is a short sighted response to a larger problem. some server get more people, some get less. we all want to play, but we want it to be better, just saying "I won't play cause small" doesn't help, just makes it worse does it not?

Lethal-Bacon

Polemarch
but if we all enjoy and want it to get better how does this help at all? this is a short sighted response to a larger problem. some server get more people, some get less. we all want to play, but we want it to be better, just saying "I won't play cause small" doesn't help, just makes it worse does it not?

Im not trying to help because i already know that inno/devs dont want to do the necessary work or bring actual changes to make this game enjoyable and playable.

I know far more players that quit because of the instant buy addons, battle packages and too many events rather than small sized worlds, and those are the things that no one in inno wants to change, they are simply milking the cow for as long as they can.

If you think discussing possible fixes or quality of life changes here will help, no one is stopping you and if you are interested in why im so sure they dont care shoot me a pm and il answer it in detail away from mod prying eyes.

DeletedUser41523

For player influxes, it would need to be heavy on advertising. Having just four core oceans and maybe getting an O56 a month into the server isn't that fun. I mean its maybe fun if you're in the top two factions of a server and its a close contest, but that happens maybe once every few server releases. For me personally, I'd probably come back to the game if there were big worlds. Mainly because I have more fun doing random things and trying to make it work than playing in premades. I think something that gets overlooked is that the server becomes more fun with more teams and more players. Even if they aren't great teams, they can add up and shift the balance or a server.

Playing in the same world type, with the same handful of groups and players, and having nothing to change up the formula gets really stale.

DeletedUser47128

For player influxes, it would need to be heavy on advertising. Having just four core oceans and maybe getting an O56 a month into the server isn't that fun. I mean its maybe fun if you're in the top two factions of a server and its a close contest, but that happens maybe once every few server releases. For me personally, I'd probably come back to the game if there were big worlds. Mainly because I have more fun doing random things and trying to make it work than playing in premades. I think something that gets overlooked is that the server becomes more fun with more teams and more players. Even if they aren't great teams, they can add up and shift the balance or a server.

Playing in the same world type, with the same handful of groups and players, and having nothing to change up the formula gets really stale.

Exactly, premades get a thumbs down from me. Maybe make faster worlds a bit more bearable for a person who doesn't play competitively ie joining a premade and trying to win the world. There's a reason why 2/2 revolt has 6k players and 6/4 has maybe 600 active players...

DeletedUser54755

Exactly, premades get a thumbs down from me. Maybe make faster worlds a bit more bearable for a person who doesn't play competitively ie joining a premade and trying to win the world. There's a reason why 2/2 revolt has 6k players and 6/4 has maybe 600 active players...
2/2 Has 6k players, please where are you getting those numbers lol
chrome_YjMgK8m1QJ.pngchrome_YjMgK8m1QJ.png

DeletedUser41523

Was just going off what other people have said. Didn't actually take the time to look. 1.100 active players still more than the other world by alot.
By other world do you mean the fast conq world? Because a lot of that is due to another fast conq having just ended a week or so before that opened.