Proposal Abandon your own cities

DeletedUser23649

Proposal:
Being able to abandon cities you own.

Have you Checked the DNS and PSI lists in the Archives? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
Briefly, too many archived threads :(

Reason:
To be able to free up CL or to move from an unwanted area.

Details:
How many of are stuck with useless cities that were built/conked in bad locations and no other player will attack it and you have no way of ridding yourself of it?
Many times especially early in the world you start cities in one area, but the world/alliance changes that need you to regroup somewhere else.
You simply change your mind about owning a city ...
Use a token to abandon the city

Balance:
Limit the number of times per year you can do this - ex: xx many free with the option of buying more with gold - similar to how vacation days are used.
Developers can decide whether the abandoned city is turned into a ghost or back into an anchor spot.

Abuse Prevention:
To prevent sabotage on World Wonder islands, disable this feature during World Wonders (up until both awards are won)

Summary:
Lets a player restructure his empire and gets Inno some $$ on gold purchases ....

TobiramaSenju

Phrourach
Shouldn't the way the game should be played also includes where you decide to found/conquer a city, its a strategy game so every small thing like that counts. Personally i am against this since people should carefully choose which place they want to go.

However i do see this as a good idea and potentially effective since it's limited like VM mode and is also player friendly.

DeletedUser22115

Personally I don't like this idea, I feel it defeats the purpose of making a strategy as to where to conquer and I also feel like it could be abused where people would abandon a city when a cs is launched etc.

collect78900

Phrourach
bad idea
the second i see a cs coming followed by a pile of attacks and have a friendly city with cs capacity nearby i would abondon my city and tell my team mate to take it....
change of city cancels the revolt!

DeletedUser36697

bad idea
the second i see a cs coming followed by a pile of attacks and have a friendly city with cs capacity nearby i would abondon my city and tell my team mate to take it....
change of city cancels the revolt!

get rid of the ability to hand your city over without repercussions... have a penalty .. loss of a city slot each time a city is handed over.. by both players; receiving player should lose a slot and giving player should lose a slot as well

gets rid of that kind of thinking in a hurry

DeletedUser21774

We have players not in OUR core, but they started in someone else's core. Not sure what the fascination is with ocean 0 or 99, and pretty sure that's not what drove the suggestion.

DeletedUser23649

My game-play style did not drive the suggestion and I wont hijack the thread with any explanation to it.
Similar to what the last poster commented, in the beginning of the world you do not really have a choice where you start.
You start out in one alliance core, and then the geography of the world changes and you find some or all of your cities in a bad spot later on.
While your alliance shifts to a different core you find yourself out of place and too far away to participate/help.
The number of cities you could abandon a year would be limited, to prevent abuse as noted above a city could not be abandoned
if under attack, under revolt, under conquest or if a CS was headed that way.

As another suggested, if you abandon a city, you lose all the CP needed for that slot, so in other words you'd have to earn the slot all over again.

Last edited by a moderator: