Passed Abandoned Auto Growth

Would you like to see this idea implemented?

• Yes

Votes: 57 91.9%
  • No

Votes: 5 8.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Proposal

Islands start to be filled with abandoned towns that nobody would want to conquer due to their point size. Who on earth would spend the expensive culture points for a 175 points town.

The idea is that those towns would auto build till a certain points treshold.

Current Workaround

None

Details

Abandoned towns would auto build , so in other words they would increase in points.

This could be fully automated with a daily cronjob,
  • Where random 1 building gets upgraded daily.
  • Where random 1 building gets upgraded based on a 24h resource production.

Those farming abandoned towns could stumble again on walls or get less resources due to a warehouse upgrade ... etc

The goal of this idea is to make the 1000s of pointless/worthless grey towns again interesting to conquer.

Possible incorporation as a world setting for abandoned towns to gain points until a certain amount.

Abuse Prevention

None, in fact the game would create more spice as it could be that people residing on a island might have to protect defend those towns to avoid intruders.

Visual Aids

None

Summary

I guess everything is said above, those towns are atm just filling the map and farming gain or conquering is not really worth it.

Administration

Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes
Is this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? No

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

yep that makes sense otherwise the playing area is going to look very grey after a while especially on the edges

DeletedUser

+1 :D
Excellent idea.
Are you going to have a limit to how much these barbs can grow to, or is it to 13716 points?

DeletedUser

I was thinking to have a points treshold of +/- 5000 points

2-3k towns are already left aside for conquering, players aim bigger.

So a treshold of 5k points, is a decent town to conquer yet still leaves a lot open to build for the player that conquers such a town.

DeletedUser

5k, why not 8k?
btw, 1 building per day is very very slow. Why not more than one?

DeletedUser

Game balance, and at a certain point buildings take 24h to build so it fits for me to have only 1 upgrade/day

DeletedUser

So in World Gamma, 2 buildings will upgrade daily :)
The limit should be 8k-10k.
I only conquer 8k+ villages :p

DeletedUser

Ah I didn't take into account speed worlds. Some different ruling on the autobuild should happen there then.

DeletedUser

Should be 2x build speed, therefore, 2 buildings per day or 1 building per 24 hours.

DeletedUser

Well there should be a threshold and that's up to Innogames itself to determine how high it can go.

Tried to make this suggestion from a neutral viewpoint leaving out players greed/selfishness.

DeletedUser

I think limit maybe 3-4k but definately growing abandons is a good idea and in keeping with the way people play this game.

DeletedUser

I agree with this, but how about those above it?
Will they stay? or decrease?

DeletedUser2795

Good idea, and I think that it should be part of the world settings to say how fast and to what limit they grow. For Example:
Settings for World Pheta:
World Speed: 1
Unit Speed: 1
Night Bonus: Off
Barbarians grow to: 1000
At a rate of: 1building/day

DeletedUser2795

No difference, they both have gray banners, and I consider any abandoned village/town/polis/city to be barbarian, I am not talking about the FARMING villages, I am talking about the abondoned

DeletedUser

I know! i was only joking... anyway, would they stay at the same points if already above?

DeletedUser

I was thinking to have a points treshold of +/- 5000 points

2-3k towns are already left aside for conquering, players aim bigger.

So a treshold of 5k points, is a decent town to conquer yet still leaves a lot open to build for the player that conquers such a town.

Abandoned villages aren't interesting to conquer indeed. But this drives you towards attacking other players, which is a good thing. Unless people don't want Grepolis to be a war game, then the idea should be implemented. But I think that a war game is pretty much what we're playing.

On a different note, I would agree that they grow until they reach a certain number of points. They would not be interesting to conquer but would make better farms.

DeletedUser2795

How about the Abandoned villages also produce troops?

DeletedUser1405

I agree that abandoned polis should grow it would make the game more interesting and allow alliances to take over their core areas.
The alliance controlling the areas could make sure that no new alliances move into the area and it would increase the likelihood of agressive players coming forward more.

DeletedUser

I think this is a great idea and the world should definitely determine speed of growth and maximum points. I don't think that they should produce points but this is a very good idea

Status
Not open for further replies.