Passed Abandoned Auto Growth

Would you like to see this idea implemented?

• Yes

Votes: 57 91.9%
  • No

Votes: 5 8.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Great idea. It would be nice to see the abadoned cities become a little more useful.

DeletedUser

I was asking tomoman because he said:

I think this is a great idea and the world should definitely determine speed of growth and maximum points. I don't think that they should produce points but this is a very good idea

DeletedUser

They shouldn't produce troops imo, would make it to easy to gain bp.

DeletedUser

Agreed. 1 structure per 24 hours (@ server speed 1) should be all right :)

DeletedUser

This is a bad idea as if this happened there would be over a million easy conqueres after a while

DeletedUser

Better to have 1,000,000 easy conquers than to have 1,000,000 200 point barbs :)

DeletedUser

This is a bad idea as if this happened there would be over a million easy conqueres after a while

Motivate why you think it's bad ?

Personally I think it's bad as it is now, 1000s of 175 point towns that will never be conquered and that have no benefit for players as they barely give resources on a farm run, unless you are happy with 200 res

Having those abandoned towns auto grow will force players to defend those towns also to keep their island secure. imo it would ad more play into the game than simply attacking enemies.

A whole new reasem of tactics would need to be implemented by alliances due to auto growth of abandoned towns.

DeletedUser

I like the idea, but i think there should be a maxium point, so it won't be conquered because it still weak but can provide good resourcs.

DeletedUser

This is a good idea.
Say if they grew to 5000 points, and the growth would attempt to keep all buildings around the same percentage of completeness.
So that the abandons wouldn't max out a less useful building, that it wouldn't use, it would keep all buildings at the same percentage of their total levels.

DeletedUser

I like this idea as well.

Just my two sense.

First, the buildings that develop should be only the Timber Camp, Silver Mine and Rock Quarry, and Warehouse.

The towns should only grow to a level comparable to the resources given out by farming towns. This would be level 12 mines, and a level 6 warehouse.

Giving these limits, the town will already self balance eventually over time.

As far as growing to 5k, 8k towns, i think that it is ridiculous, and too easily abused. It wont make the cut with 8k towns, because then you throw in admin controls to make sure it doesn't get abused such as managing these towns to ensure that they have a proper defense. This allows the cron job to be a simple job, maybe something like:

for each town in AbandonedPolises
TownBuldings = A collection of the buildings able to be auto-upgraded
for each building in TownBuildings
if building.level < building.abandonCutoff then
building.level += 1
exit for
end if
next
next

I may have skimmed over this part, but did anyone mention what should be the cuttoff for declaring a town inactive? just the grey banner? no activity for a month? what happens if a player that started the abandoned polis wants to reclaim their account, are they allowed to, do they have to start over, or can they keep the relatively meager progress made by the auto upgrades?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I think you guys are getting way too complicated with this idea.

Listen to yourselves.

Your argument has gone from "let's take something useless and make it useful" to "I want a perfect farm that won't fight back, so I can win Grepolis without trying."

Be realistic. If a village goes grey, let it grow on its own just like in TW. Random buildings will be upgraded in the order of the tech tree, until a point cap is reached. If you want to farm it, farm it. If you want to waste CP on it, conquer it.

It's not rocket science.

DeletedUser

Exactly

The random factor has to stay, for all we know it could get not a single mine upgrade but market or wall

DeletedUser

The random factor shouldn't be too random, like some inactives should have a higher probebility of upgrading wall by 1 level than the rest, that kind of thing.
Also i think there should be a chance there the city demolish a random building.
as for maxium point, i think it should be 1.5k

DeletedUser

The random factor shouldn't be too random, like some inactives should have a higher probebility of upgrading wall by 1 level than the rest, that kind of thing.
Also i think there should be a chance there the city demolish a random building.
as for maxium point, i think it should be 1.5k

That is way too little. It should be 5k - 8k :)

DeletedUser

I think you guys are getting way too complicated with this idea.

Listen to yourselves.

Your argument has gone from "let's take something useless and make it useful" to "I want a perfect farm that won't fight back, so I can win Grepolis without trying."

Be realistic. If a village goes grey, let it grow on its own just like in TW. Random buildings will be upgraded in the order of the tech tree, until a point cap is reached. If you want to farm it, farm it. If you want to waste CP on it, conquer it.

It's not rocket science.

I wholeheartedly agree with DuciusBaggus, let them autobuild whatever they want to a point total, like they do in TW. They don't have to be perfect farms, and it's like a box a chocolates if you take one, since you don't know what you're going to get if you do take one.

Status
Not open for further replies.