Discussion About the closing of Ithaca!

DeletedUser38652

As I know that we have maybe fallen below 300 active members the server isnt boring at all. Attacks rush everywhere and BP is gained.

Our alliance is so close to finish our WW's that we need more time than 28 days. We are still sending a lot of resources each day and it is still not enough...

Please.. Just close the world after we have finished that **** WW's.

Thank you.

Ps: This was meant towards the Devs if they see it at all.

DeletedUser32498

It's really simple. The grepo support team couldn't care less about losing clients... and they never bend the rules with anything unless the get a bunch of premium players debating on the issue. Rules are rules apparently if a world has less than 300 members screw the rest of the committed people who are playing and close the world...

DeletedUser19042

The support team cares a lot about his clients. Please do not get this wrong.

It is just that as soon as the server goes below 300 active users the cost to maintain the server is too high and expensive. As a 'refund' they open up a new world in which new and old players can join to play there and play an active world instead of a dead one.

J

DeletedUser32498

The support team cares a lot about his clients. Please do not get this wrong.

It is just that as soon as the server goes below 300 active users the cost to maintain the server is too high and expensive. As a 'refund' they open up a new world in which new and old players can join to play there and play an active world instead of a dead one.

J

ofc they open new worlds. like that is so obvious. the point is that they are close to finishing world wonders. isn't that the goal of the game? why would the team shut down a world when it is close to being won by an alliance? also the team loves when new worlds open frequently as that is when there are heavy gold spenders early on (gold spamming).

DeletedUser19042

ofc they open new worlds. like that is so obvious. the point is that they are close to finishing world wonders. isn't that the goal of the game? why would the team shut down a world when it is close to being won by an alliance? also the team loves when new worlds open frequently as that is when there are heavy gold spenders early on (gold spamming).

Please do not get me wrong. I totally understand your point.
I played Theta, and they shut down the world when the 4th WW was built. Few more weeks and we could have finished them all.
So, I do understand.

It is just that the team has to draw the line somewhere. Innogames crew decided that they'll close the world as soon as the number of active users falls below 300 users. This has no exceptions, so my apologies for that.

Furthermore, it isn't our own EN. crew that decides to shut the server down. This comes from a higher level (as I said: Innogames GmBH). So there's nothing you can do about it. (Sadly...)
You could try to 'suggest' it in the ideas section of our forum (but I doubt it would have effect)

Now let's not start an entire discussion here, as the question was 'answered'. ;)

DeletedUser27700

What Ticina isn't telling you is that the WW were finished and the world won months ago.
Our alliance finished our Wonders and got out of the world right after, and Ticina and his crew is asking for more time to get their crowns by picking up scraps.

I am saddened by the closing of this world as well, as it is my first, but you can't expect the world to stay open forever just so everyone can get a crown. If that was the case everyone would have one and it would mean nothing.
The server really is dead, as all the fighters left when the winning alliance completed our wonders. As an example, when the WW were finished I had 56 cities (roughly) and I have barely logged on since. I am now at 50 cities, when I haven't even been defending myself. If that is not a dead world, what is?

DeletedUser32498

What Ticina isn't telling you is that the WW were finished and the world won months ago.
Our alliance finished our Wonders and got out of the world right after, and Ticina and his crew is asking for more time to get their crowns by picking up scraps.

How can Ticina get a crown though if he had been given more time? I thought once a wonder is built it can't be built by another alliance. Is it true? This will be my question for the day...

DeletedUser27700

No, any alliance that builds the wonders will get the crown, that's something that has been suggested to be fixed in the ideas section.

DeletedUser32498

No, any alliance that builds the wonders will get the crown, that's something that has been suggested to be fixed in the ideas section.

Lol. It seems I haven't been to active in the ideas section then! :D Alright thanks Iced. ;)

DeletedUser

How can Ticina get a crown though if he had been given more time? I thought once a wonder is built it can't be built by another alliance. Is it true? This will be my question for the day...
It's partly true. The Basterds won (shoutout to my homies @ TB). We finished all of them and got crowns. And then demo'd all level 10s and our 2nd alliance merged after a few left and they got their crowns too. The levels of WWs are under lvl10 for TB. It would be a shame if Skiis got a crown.

DeletedUser32498

It's partly true. The Basterds won (shoutout to my homies @ TB). We finished all of them and got crowns. And then demo'd all level 10s and our 2nd alliance merged after a few left and they got their crowns too. The levels of WWs are under lvl10 for TB. It would be a shame if Skiis got a crown.

Wasn't that Kinjiru's alliance?

DeletedUser38652

I am saddened by the closing of this world as well, as it is my first, but you can't expect the world to stay open forever just so everyone can get a crown. If that was the case everyone would have one and it would mean nothing.
The server really is dead, as all the fighters left when the winning alliance completed our wonders. As an example, when the WW were finished I had 56 cities (roughly) and I have barely logged on since. I am now at 50 cities, when I haven't even been defending myself. If that is not a dead world, what is?

Just because IB left doesnt mean the other top 10 alliances have left..

DeletedUser27700

Doesn't ring a bell. Skiis went through so many changes, its possible. Was founded by Ashskii if I remember correctly.

Just because IB left doesnt mean the other top 10 alliances have left..

Never said they did, i said the fighters left. You can't deny that.

Last edited:

DeletedUser32498

I never played in Ithaca but there where a good bunch of players there that I've seen in other worlds.

DeletedUser38652

Ok let the world close... Was my first world and last..

DeletedUser

Why would you want a crown if you werent first to win the world anyway? Its a bit sad really...

The crown idea isnt that bad... fight your way to WW. Then defend while you build the WW. Kinda makes sense IMO

Anyway... you didnt win the world, join a new one and win that :)

DeletedUser32498

Lol. It's most people's dreams to get a crown. I really couldn't care how I get it. I never had one. I wish to get on a future alliance that has talent. May just start a pre-made sometime and selectively recruit...

DeletedUser19042

I would love the crown as well. But only if I deserve it. Which means winning the world as first alliance to build all the WW's.

I really wouldn't appreciate it if I got the crown because the winner demolished their WW's.