Answered about the hero Democritus

DeletedUser10581

Democritus , At level 1, while Democrtius is assigned to a city there is a 22% chance of doubling the duration of applied positive effects via items. At Level 20, this increases to 60%.

i was wondering dose this include all positive effects even reinforcement buff ?

i want to make sure before i buy him .

Shuri2060

Strategos
Any buffs/tokens which last for a time period can be affected by him.

Eg. Reduced recruitment times for X hours/weeks, increased defences for X hours/weeks.

Silver Witch

Strategos
BUY him. He's absolutely essential. Personally he's one of my priorities and usually the first one i get to level 20.

Whether or not you spend gold you will win lots of spells in the regular competitions. Democritas has a chance of doubling all but the following:

These are NOT doubled:
Land Expansion
Coins of war and wisdom
Favor package (the specified amount of favour)
Mixed resources/individual res package

That is it to the best of my knowledge so basically most spells he is able to double. He's amazing.

In addition when he is in a city and from that you cast spells elsewhere - e.g summoning of nereids/passionate pop he can also double the length again. I LOVE HIM

Last edited:

Shuri2060

Strategos
Don't think he doubles actual spells like CoTO/pop growth/Happiness/CP though. (just clarifying since 'spells' might confuse).

And yes: get him :D

DeletedUser54192

Agree with the above. Democritus is one of the most universally-useful heroes in the game. Doesn't matter if it's conquest or revolt, whether you prefer to attack, defend or like an even mix of both, Democritus is great. Every specific-duration token can be doubled, and some of those tokens are extremely valuable: BP multipliers are great, but when you end up with 4xBP for 2 days, it is fantastic.

dianices

Phrourach
is there a way to remove a hero after its recruited? i don't mean unassign them, i mean take them off your slots completely if you don't want them, and they're taking up space for a hero you DO want.

DeletedUser54192

is there a way to remove a hero after its recruited? i don't mean unassign them, i mean take them off your slots completely if you don't want them, and they're taking up space for a hero you DO want.
Having re-read the wiki and checked the in-game heroes panel, I cannot see a way to do so. I think it's good in some ways (forcing you to be more strategic with your hero choices), but I suppose it could be a bit of an issue for newer players who might not know which heroes to pick.

Silver Witch

Strategos

No. But as you grow the hero slots all open so you can have an unlimited number. As you gain more experience you learn to wait for the heroes you do want so that you prioritise when you take them.

DeletedUser54192

Has this actually happened to you? I didnt think it applied to demo as its being applied to all cities. Baudin can you confirm?
Yes, it has happened to me. It works with both 2xBP and 4xBP tokens. You do have to activate the token in the city that you have Democritus assigned.

Here are a couple of screenshots with a 4xBP token running for 2 days.

On en96 Olous (several months ago, I think)
Screenshot_495.png

On en94 Mesembria (earlier this month)
Screenshot_1129.png

If you are in en94 Mesembria, I can actually send you the BB code for the report to prove it. The Olous reports will probably have expired by now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Silver Witch

Strategos
Has this actually happened to you? I didnt think it applied to demo as its being applied to all cities. Baudin can you confirm?

Yes its happened to me also. Democritas doubles time.

The favour boosts u win from quests and the competitions can also be doubled.