Top 12 ABP ALLi4NC3S

• Thread starter DeletedUser5061
  • Start date

DeletedUser

No. I'm not blaming R4GE for anything. I'm congratulating you for your awesomeness. Since this world opened you all have been posting how great you are and now we understand why.

DeletedUser

you managed to take cities from three of our least active players.
Meh. Always the excuse. That player was inactive blah blah blah. Give it up.

1. Inactive players don't accumulate points.
  2. Inactive players don't activate militia.
  3. Inactive players don't call in support.

This brings to mind a quote muffy made, earlier this month:
No active member of Rim Jobs will be taken

I just want to know what kind of wine you'd like as you eat your words :p

..that is just the mastery of the game I have been watching you guys brag about on this forum for over a month.

congratulations

Why, thank you! Thank you very much. You can't know what this means to us, to be acknowledged for our greatness. I mean, it's one thing to look in the mirror and know you're the poop, but to have someone outside your circle notice...well...I am beyond elated.

For the record, and because I just love this little guy...

:pro:, and you've been pwnd.

DeletedUser

I'm glad your happy somebody finally noticed your greatness.

DeletedUser12512

I'm glad your happy somebody finally noticed your greatness.

In the grand scheme of things I suppose that's better than having your failures pointed out.

I would let you know I am going to laugh when we rim you, but we have greater aspirations, which will likely relocate you to an obscure footnote in the annals of Lamia history...at best

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

To be defeated and sent to the rim by such an awesome alliance would be an honor. I could tell the story of our heroic defeat at the hands of the greoplis masters for years. Someday I could even tell my children how we were defeated by the greatest gamers that ever lived and my children will pass the story along to their children so that it will never be forgotten.

DeletedUser12512

To be defeated and sent to the rim by such an awesome alliance would be an honor. I could tell the story of our heroic defeat at the hands of the greoplis masters for years. Someday I could even tell my children how we were defeated by the greatest gamers that ever lived and my children will pass the story along to their children so that it will never be forgotten.

we are on the same page now, cool

DeletedUser

Well Asth it seems your assessment is correct. In less than twenty four hours two of our most active players were banned from the game and then you managed to take cities from three of our least active players. Eliminating twelve cities in less than a day. That is brilliant! What would be even more brilliant is if the two actions were coordinated. If you actually managed to get innogames staff to ban two of our top players at the same time you began an offensive....well that is just the mastery of the game I have been watching you guys brag about on this forum for over a month.

congratulations
Sorry? It's our fault that your members were gaining an unfair advantage and punished accordingly? I didn't get the InnoGames stuff to do anything, nor did anyone else in the alliance. It is my responsibility as a player to report breaches of rules or suspicion of such. In fact, I even submitted a ticket when I suspected a R4GE member was breaking the rules. Noone is responsible for what happened except the players involved. They have the option to appeal their ban or were they so guilty they didn't even bother? Lastly, I should mention that despite being a moderator myself I have no knowledge of what happens in regards to moderatoring in the world(s) I play (Lamia).

I had my claim up for a few days and I attacked as soon as I had 1) enough troops to fill my transports, 2) my prediction on my target's offline time (which seemed to be wrong judging by the activated militia I encountered) and 3) had a new City Slot available. All this happened before I knew one of your players was banned, I didn't even know a second was banned until you stated such. My assessment above was based on the fact that we had several claims on cities for the weekend in a pseudo-op and many members getting revolt ready over the next week. Lastly, you can see my assessment was posted at least 2 days ago so not quite sure what you're referring to as 'twenty four hours'. The forum is for interaction, and we have been doing just that. It's not our problem noone else is contributing on such a scale as us, unfortunately, and I personally have not bragged. Don't confuse opinions and educated judgements with boasting and ego.

DeletedUser

WOW! You mean we have a member of R4GE that doesn't brag about being the greatest thing on earth? You must be a full grown adult.

DeletedUser

Is this all you have to say?

If you cannot do anything besides from being sarcastic and insulting towards other users on the forum (R4GE or otherwise) whilst not even addressing the full content of a post, then you have admitted your own defeat and I am done bickering. In fact, it is quite impressive you didn't even address anything besides my last lines.

I understand if you are skeptical regarding the events over the weekend but I've given you the truth. Furthermore, do you honestly think that it would have made a difference if the players were banned now or in a month? It's not if you get caught; it's when. Also, I highly doubt having that extra player (or two as you implied) against our conquer attempts would have made much of a difference since only a handful of R4GE members actually assisted in taking the cities. We have 45 others capable of providing assistance if it was required.

DeletedUser14283

@Asth - I reckon he needs a time out :p

you managed to take cities from three of our least active players.

The amount of time that excuse is used, i dont think anyone believes it anymore. Inactive this, inactive that, oh they didn't ask for help, oh they didn't post in time... etc. Same story just a different day. If they were inactive why keep them around?

In less than twenty four hours two of our most active players were banned from the game and then you managed to take cities from three of our least active players. Eliminating twelve cities in less than a day.

Regardless of your active players being banned or whatever we still took three cities off of you. Whatever happened to those players isn't really our concern. You cheat, you get caught, you get punished... think thats pretty simple. Get over it and get ready cause we are coming for you ;)

Also the sarcasm is actually really boring, if you wanna get some new material please feel free cause your attempts are laughable :p

Oh btw if you hadn't of realised :pro:

DeletedUser

Asth, you are correct we are skeptical. Our top two players were banned within a few hours of your attack on 3 or 4 of our cities. We knew full well you were (or have been) a forum moderator and likely have the pull to get somebody banned from the game. However, if you say R4GE is not responsible then I'll believe you. Not that it matters either way.

Now you ask if I think it matters that two of our top players have been banned? Well yes it does. As you mentioned we only have an alliance of just over 20 members. You know full well Darq and Morgan were the leaders of our alliance. Not only loosing our leaders but having two of our top guys banned makes a big difference in our ability to maintain an effective fighting force. While the two of them represent less than 10% of our members they held a much larger percentage of our actual attack and defensive forces. So yes it makes a huge difference.

Before I leave I want to tell you about my neighbor. He introduced me to this game about a year ago. He is a game pro like you and your guys. Last time I checked in on him I think he had about 400,000 points in Upsilon. He is a disabled Army war vet from Iraq. Since he is disabled he doesn't work anymore. Can you guess what makes him so good at the game? He never leaves the house. He just sits there on the computer all day playing grepolis. He actually is addicted to the game. Its sad to watch. So when your boys get on here bashing everybody and bragging about how great and awesome they are I shake my head. I don't know if I should feel sorry for them or break out my credit card and do the same as my neighbor. So, I guess what I'm trying to say here is the main reasons somebody is good at this game is because they have ZERO personal life and a credit card to buy lots of gold. Spending all day on the computer playing a game is not something to brag about. There is no great skill. Its a game.

That's all I have to say. You guys win. Congratulations.

DeletedUser

M1ke B, have you even talked to DNN and Morgan about why they were banned? I would say that'd be a good starting point as they'd be able to give you a much more straight answer than I am, assuming they tell the truth.

I'm a Senior In-Game Moderator and Forum Moderator but that doesn't give me any influence over why players are banned, nor does anyone have an influence simply because they want to. A player will only be banned if there is grounds for it and evidence to back it up, I can assure you of this. Since ban discussion is strictly forbidden on the forum I would like to avoid that topic, however, if you do have any issues with moderators, bias, bans or anything similar, I would recommend you contact Shanara, the Co-Community Manager for In-Game. As I've stated, I had plans to conquer before we even knew the bans were in place.

Now you ask if I think it matters that two of our top players have been banned? Well yes it does. As you mentioned we only have an alliance of just over 20 members. You know full well Darq and Morgan were the leaders of our alliance. Not only loosing our leaders but having two of our top guys banned makes a big difference in our ability to maintain an effective fighting force. While the two of them represent less than 10% of our members they held a much larger percentage of our actual attack and defensive forces. So yes it makes a huge difference.

I completely agree with you about them having a large percentage of your offensive and defensive forces and that it would make a difference, but my point was that the difference would be negligible if we used all our members to take assist the conquer attempts instead of telling them to save troops for their conquer targets it wouldn't have made a difference. The cities would have been taken and everyone would have wasted gold in the process.

Once again, I agree with you about the whole activity aspect of the game. People who are able to spend long periods of time on the game are definitely at an advantage, as are people who are willing to spend a lot of money (unfortunately), but it isn't the be all and end all. You could spend $1000 and still come out as the loser. I consider myself a good player yet I still find time to study, work out, eat, sleep, hang out with friends and my girlfriend, watch movies, etc. I personally feel that a large part of succeeding in Grepolis isn't the amount of time you spend but rather how you allocate that time around your daily schedules as well as the efficient use of troops and resources. It is something I often preach - it is not what you have but moreso how you use it and how efficient and intelligent you are in your actions.

DeletedUser

Honestly, if your alliance is falling apart because two players are absent...for whatever reason...you're doing something wrong.

It's no secret DDN was carrying you guys. He's one of 3 of you that consistently attacks, and by your conquest record it would appear that he's been conquering cities to hand off. Now, this is not a bad strategy...everyone does the hand off for any number of reasons from time to time. However, if your players are so weak/inactive that your success hinges on one or two players being around and active than it was only a matter of time before you lost them due to burnout or frustration at being the ones carrying the rest of the bunch.

As for your "you're good cos you don't have a life" claim. It's true that activity is a big factor in success at a game like this. However, that does not mean one needs to dedicate every waking hour, or their paycheck in order to be successful. If it did, I'd have been rimmed early on in every server I've played.

DeletedUser13459

As asth said to be a decent player you don't need to spend all day every day on your computer, or spend heaps of cash. Of corse if that's what you want to do then hey good for you. Personally I am a senior supervisor at the biggest night club in town (actually being trained to be a manager also), in my forth and final year of Uni, play sport and manage to keep the misses happy. Oh yeah and I play grep and am in the top 30 of this world in points and arround the top twelve in BPA since beginners protection finished. I manage my grepo time as best I can and try to farm as many players as I can each day. (thank god for smart phones lol). But I am getting a little tired of all your negativity, as jen said, if your alliance is falling appart because two players felt the need to cheat and got banned for it then your alliance was not as decent as I thought it was.

DeletedUser

Now you ask if I think it matters that two of our top players have been banned? Well yes it does. As you mentioned we only have an alliance of just over 20 members. You know full well Darq and Morgan were the leaders of our alliance. Not only loosing our leaders but having two of our top guys banned makes a big difference in our ability to maintain an effective fighting force.

What sort of "leaders" do stupid things to hurt their own alliance. I think it's time to find new leadership. Give me (D) Founder Rights and I'll take TRJ in the right direction :p

So, I guess what I'm trying to say here is the main reasons somebody is good at this game is because they have ZERO personal life and a credit card to buy lots of gold. Spending all day on the computer playing a game is not something to brag about. There is no great skill. Its a game.

That's all I have to say. You guys win. Congratulations.

Now it's because of this "quitter" mentality that we always find the externals so dead and boring :(

Shout out to my peeps in R4GE for keeping this forum alive and fun to read :D

I consider myself a good player yet I still find time to study, work out, eat, sleep, hang out with friends and my girlfriend, watch movies, etc. I personally feel that a large part of succeeding in Grepolis isn't the amount of time you spend but rather how you allocate that time around your daily schedules as well as the efficient use of troops and resources. It is something I often preach - it is not what you have but more so how you use it and how efficient and intelligent you are in your actions.

That's right, work smarter not harder.

DeletedUser

Man .. They can't win on the forums. They can't win in game. They just.. can't do anything. Except get rimmed. They can (will) be doing that. Picked the name well didn't they :)

Just quit now. And if your not going to quit, at least build nice cities for us.

DeletedUser5061

The Rim Jobs are players that have played together in another world and held the number 2 alliance spot in that world.
Indeed, I'm already squaring up on your cities to take them, and I will, along with many more of my alliance mates.

Just a word, you really don't know who most of us are, and R4GE being in the same area, you'll come to hate us in time.

that's it, that's all you have?
I've had countless accounts on Grep, indeed, from the Beta Testing of the game.
We shall see who kicks who.

funny, our count from R4GE is what? 3 or 4 CS attempts failed?
I believe that is it so far.
So the battles being waged are a give and take, and although PnP's are fun to read, they are surely slanted to the view of the writer, and the writer alone.

Which in affect means 1 CS attempt failed by The Rim Jobs and multiple CS attempts failed by R4GE.

I don't normally kick people when they are down but really I can't wait to laugh in your face when you quit cause of "RL". It's not that I mind the banter, it's your stupid in-game name and the fact you think you know how to play.

Now my homegirl taught me to be humble so I have a big fat smile on me face but I aint gonna say nothin innit.

Nick should have disbanded the alliance before leaving at least that way the few good players on that team would have stood a chance instead of being dragged down by the rest of the cowards in that team.

As I have said countless time, if your gonna found an alliance you get to take some undeserving credit if it is successful but it also means you have a duty to your players to make the tough decisions that are in the best interest of the alliance. What is not cool is when a founder decides abandon thier own alliance leaving someone else to captain their sinking ship, don't get me wrong everyone has a right to quit playing this game as it can be very time consuming and very stressfull especially when you are going up against an alliance like R4GE but leaving your own alliance without disbanding is just weak.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Based on The Rim Jobs mentality, I guess we should have all quit when Daedal got his computer stolen. Shame on us really for continuing to play without him.