Academies: Good or Bad

DeletedUser

Hacademeus on Gamma was the academy for INCOGNITO and our coalition. They had some good players but as the communication between the alliances wasn't good they stayed in the academy.

DeletedUser

Well, my alliance on Theta started off as the academy to another tribe. When the main tribe dissolved, we went solo. After picking up a few members we are now about 10th in the world, and fighting 2 far bigger alliances. And we still have the same name we did as an academy. :D

DeletedUser

On alpha TGO (The Gemini Order) is ranked 7th and is very well run. Their alliance is Zodiac. It to is well run and ranked 12th. I say: Yes.

DeletedUser

Too vague a question. The general vision of an academy is bad. Some useful variations are:

Inactive player store (keeps inactive players within pact agreements to enable the main alliance to take the cities, without them cluttering the main alliance)

MTC (you want to know what this is but you never use it even if you did)

DeletedUser

Yes
I was once in the academy for the gemini order but this was back when they were Order Out of Chaos and they had the masonic lodge as the academy not the zodiac. well it was great, in there they really taught you how to play they had whole gilds set up to help us on almost every subject. you did have to get a certain amount of points. Once you got the points you were given a interview. if you passed (and not all did), you would go up but if you failed, then you were kicked out and farmed, Cruel, but it worked, you had to have brains to go up, not just points.

DeletedUser

tests and interviews can only give you the basic level of understanding of the game, and should be given as an entrance exam to the academy after a 1 week "learning period". Although it may work for an alliance to have the exam as finals, it will never give you the edge that using it as a prerequisite would.

DeletedUser

Excuse my noobness, but what exactly is an Academy? I know we're not talking about the building.

DeletedUser345

An alliance may open up an acadamy to train new players before taking them into the main tribe.

DeletedUser

An alliance that provides dead weight for the main alliance to munch on when it gets bored.

DeletedUser

Example of failed Academy: "Loc-Ness monster" of Delta can be seen as failed, as it failed its purpose to provide members for the greater alliance. However, it has changed and broke away to form "SG-Elites", which is a pretty well-run alliance, but it no longer is part of Legion of Chaos.

As far as I know of IoA, they are well run and great. They are difficult enemies to fight as I have heard from other players, and well-coordinated in war.