Academy alliance joke

DeletedUser41959

When did O55 become the rim? I must have missed that somehow. I've only been playing since the middle of 2010 and always defined the core as 44/54/45/55 and the rim as everything else.

I consider this the core :
XcYxcyr.png

We can barely see final boss in there .

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser11969

When did O55 become the rim? I must have missed that somehow. I've only been playing since the middle of 2010 and always defined the core as 44/54/45/55 and the rim as everything else.

Could argue that 46/56 would be core too? Also believe that a fair war in this or any world is not achievable as GOLD definitely has a greater influence in today's game. Many top teams are now full of big spenders. Everyone knows this but have difficulty admitting it.

Would be good if GOLD could only be used for 5 administration purposes only, this is a level probably within all serious gamers budget.

How GOLD spending is abused these days well to be honest it is an absolute joke. :Angry:

DeletedUser43325

Repeating an inaccurate statement over and over again doesn't make it accurate.

hqs4pWZ.jpg

DeletedUser22708

because players hate pacts, not to mention most end up with one of the two parties end up backstabbing the other.
You cant limit how many players you can play with, same as you cant limit how much gold the players can spend ... it is that simple.

my point of ideal size, is that no matter what cap it is, best alliances always are 60~80 player - that is the only way to keep it without a pact and most important, you can keep replacing the players that leave the world for different reasons.

Whom of us wouldnt like to go commandos squad with 20 player and kick everyone around ??? but what happens when 5 players needs to leave ? what happens when real life kicks in ? what happens when those 20 player face 100 huge alliance pacted with each other ?

about the rim thingy, mate everyone go in the center of the core - you guys went to 55|65 border after 3 days world started only coz it is too damn slow in recruiting, do not let stats fool you and sorry to break it to you but that is rim by everyone else's book, if u want to pretend that your alliance started straight in the core and are fighting the big alliances (fighting what 1 ally of top 15 ?) ... then it is not exactly my business or my concern and good luck in fighting the big ghost that doesnt exist :)

on a side note, I have been playing this game for 5 years. I made some great friends here, so when someone of them comes and ask me for invitation, sorry but I aint telling him the stupid cap doesnt let me :)

We'll be at your doorstep soon enough buddy, if your alliance is still there by then.

Oh and look at the date we started our premade, now look at yours. We needed some time to contact the right players for our roster, ours wasn't set up 6 months ago.

You're always talking about old school players, ask them if O55 is a rim ocean..
We're in the core, not our fault most of you chose O45 as a starting direction, that doesn't make O45 the sole core ocean in this world.

There are 4 of the top 12 alliances (excluding you and your sister alliance) in O45, there are 3 of the top 12 alliances (excluding Final Boss) in O55, big difference

DeletedUser13405

because players hate pacts, not to mention most end up with one of the two parties end up backstabbing the other.
You cant limit how many players you can play with, same as you cant limit how much gold the players can spend ... it is that simple.

my point of ideal size, is that no matter what cap it is, best alliances always are 60~80 player - that is the only way to keep it without a pact and most important, you can keep replacing the players that leave the world for different reasons.

Whom of us wouldnt like to go commandos squad with 20 player and kick everyone around ??? but what happens when 5 players needs to leave ? what happens when real life kicks in ? what happens when those 20 player face 100 huge alliance pacted with each other ?

about the rim thingy, mate everyone go in the center of the core - you guys went to 55|65 border after 3 days world started only coz it is too damn slow in recruiting, do not let stats fool you and sorry to break it to you but that is rim by everyone else's book, if u want to pretend that your alliance started straight in the core and are fighting the big alliances (fighting what 1 ally of top 15 ?) ... then it is not exactly my business or my concern and good luck in fighting the big ghost that doesnt exist :)

on a side note, I have been playing this game for 5 years. I made some great friends here, so when someone of them comes and ask me for invitation, sorry but I aint telling him the stupid cap doesnt let me :)

Just a couple points...

1- "Ideal" size may not conform to the world settings. But lets play the world as it was laid out. Thats my main point here.

2- Considering anything other than the 4 core oceans the "core" is misguided and not correct according to how gameplay vernacular has evolved over the years. 44/54/55/45 = core.

3- Go to the center of the core...sure. I'll meet you on the center cross. Thats where we are very obviously headed from the map Miknel has posted. Just gonna take us a short while to head there.

4-
Great point. But I'd rather cross that bridge if and when we get there. In the meantime, our 35 or so will continue to kick butt....sister/brother/cousin/academy alliances not necessary.

DeletedUser51710

hello ladies -

Just for the record - RA is not SA fourth or Fifth alliance.

DeletedUser22708

You're on the 55/65 border .

P.S. Why are you still in this forum ?

You must be blind because that's a really big border then, I didn't know half the ocean was counted as a border.

P.S. Your P.S. makes absolutely no sense

DeletedUser49204

Honestly I have played in academy alliances and I have played in alliances under the pact.

They both have there pros and cons.

But you guys should be celebrating the academy alliances.
Twice as much chance you can get in there core from inactive
Twice as much chance as internal conflict
Twice as much chance someone in alliance screws them over in ww

DeletedUser49204

Color me lazy, but I perfer to get an inactive first and then attack and take till the rest ghost simply because of ttc.

People are always going to find a way past limits.

Simply because the way the end game is played it is simply better to have more people.

Fair no.
Is it dumb? yes, but it is how it is.

but smart leaders know this.
If they can make a 80 player alliance with solid players they will do so.

DeletedUser17088

I consider this the core :
XcYxcyr.png

We can barely see final boss in there .

not exactly centre of the core yourself mate :D

most your clump is located towards the south west of your ocean.... while ours is east, im just confused as to why your location differs from yours

also *woof woof*

*edit* i zoomed out, you are central in 45, which in all fairness is not a "day one, join fast for a fight in the centre of the world" motto either is it

DeletedUser

55 is the core, big deal

this thread is full of more petulant whining than i have ever seen, but i guess that was to be expected from FB

hey miknel, remember in rhammus when you wanted to pact/join (Ven) with us (EQ) to try and win, and your pact alliance (Ruse) went with us instead of you? then remember you pacted with OV (your mortal enemy from day one of that server) to try and beat us anyway (and failed)? gotham and DM were part of that party as well?

yeah, me too. you guys talk a great game. nothing new to see here.

cheers from 46
.v.

DeletedUser43325

Our stats are better than theirs , despite their position on the map .

Your little attempt at "educating" us failed . You call yourself an outsider , but it seems you're FB's cheerleader .
You can call me crazy , you can call me anything you want . Fact of the matter is , in today's world , there exists a little something called freedom of speech , look it up please . Just because you define something in a certain way , doesn't mean I have to do the same thing . Everyone has different opinions .

If you want to have a sister alliance / academy (whatever) - you should be judged by the combination of the stats of both. So these are the stats when taking UL as an entire alliance, not just the one with better stats.

UL Points average per member (at the time of this post): 10,112
FB Points average per member (at the time of this post): 14,393

UL ABP average per member (at the time of this post): 2,397
FB ABP average per member (at the time of this post: 2,934

Also, I don't think anyone was arguing against your freedom of speech. You are well within your right to argue against known facts with as much conviction as you desire.

DeletedUser17088

but i guess that was to be expected from FB

I do apologise for my ignorance, but what does a premade recruiting players from all over grepolis somehow make us predictable?
we are a new alliance, specifically for this world. a fair portion of us have never played with one another before Carphi. so how can you have any 'expectations' of us and what we are about. other than basing us all on the fact that you know some of us?

Back on topic (you know.... the actual topic) Justify your pacts/academies/sister alliances all you want, I won't ever tell someone how to play the game and i don't think your method is wrong. What i do think though is that it is sad that an alliance cannot simply play within the cap, that sad fact is why a cap is irrelevant, people just circumvent it anyway. Shared forums where probably the worst addition to grepolis along with the Attack alarm but hey, I am old school.

cheers for reading

DeletedUser11969

blah blah maps are insignificant to core definition.

CORE DEFINITION

PM + G = C

1. PM = Pre Made
2. G = Gold
3. C = Core

The main pre made alliance's have a singular strategy to consume smaller players whilst not actively getting involved with the other big gold users, this allows them to grow very quickly $$$$$.

I experimented by getting an invite into 55, managed to collect 2650 of gold before being consumed, I may add not by a top 12 alliance. However 1650 of the gold I collected was from the alliance Final Boss and conclude that they are the biggest spenders.

I was wondering when Final Boss were being formed hence a little later in joining than some. Was this due to gold negotiations ie alliance entrance fee 20000 gold or something along those lines.

Could this be the reason why Final Boss members seem so concerned about packs etc, as this could be detrimental to there investment in the game.

I dont see much evidence of warring between the high growth players which suggests more so that growth is primarily due to excessive gold usage, and possibly fabrication of BP etc.

Unfortunately sad to say this is the game now.

I guess it could be a good server with the low cap, but whilst gold remains the biggest factor, in reality it will be down to the team with the deepest pockets.

I think Final Boss are topping the charts on spending and are the early favorites. $$$$$$$$$

DeletedUser41523

Thing is...its not supposed to be part of the game. Low cap settings are there to encourage fighting rather than simming. And the way to beat the silliness of multiple academies is to just keep on fighting them, rather than mimic a silly strategy. I would challenge the leaders to go out on their own and pact/ally with nobody...the way we have. Fight it out...its more fun that way!

This is why I say scrap the alliance cap. Nobody pays attention to them. :)

DeletedUser22708

"Known strategy."? Really? It's "known?" Find me one shred of evidence to prove this "known strategy."

I say you're a known idiot. And I bet you I can find a lot more evidence supporting my claim then you can yours.

i'll help with that, evidence:
CORE DEFINITION

PM + G = C

1. PM = Pre Made
2. G = Gold
3. C = Core

I dont see much evidence of warring between the high growth players which suggests more so that growth is primarily due to excessive gold usage, and possibly fabrication of BP etc.

1. You only came alive when the world was won.

Could argue that 46/56 would be core too?

I should actually quote his entire posts but this would make mine too long

DeletedUser11969

Pacts / Sister alliances etc etc

Only 40 people will get the win - the rest is sloppy seconds.

To be honest I dont think there is a totally fair way to play the server as no real restriction are truly imposed in the game play other than the cap. I know I harp on about gold and grepo wont change this for obvious reasons.

Facts are the advantage of spending far out weighs any skill factor. Hey like in RL money talks.

DeletedUser19892

Could argue that 46/56 would be core too? Also believe that a fair war in this or any world is not achievable as GOLD definitely has a greater influence in today's game. Many top teams are now full of big spenders. Everyone knows this but have difficulty admitting it.

Would be good if GOLD could only be used for 5 administration purposes only, this is a level probably within all serious gamers budget.

How GOLD spending is abused these days well to be honest it is an absolute joke. :Angry:

56 aint a core. evry world i been in i started in 56 and evry world it was just 1 big eat the rim for fun and quit.

latest was on katene, i started to eat o56 with 2 friends and recruited more to help (limited on city slots) as we got around. i did quit when i was done more or less. left account idle.
some have great plessure rimming an ocean of less skilled players(or players with limited time) its no shame, i am 1 of them but lets not pretend that o56 or o55 border for that sake is core. its rim and its fun and its were you make the fastest bp early.