Passed Account Sitting Feature

Would you like to see this idea in the game?

• Yes

Votes: 36 73.5%
  • No

Votes: 13 26.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Ok, that clears it up some.

also, would you be able to save up account sitter "points" or is there a maximum?

Well yeah, would be reasonable. You can sit 2-3 sitters for every month you're playing, or something like that ;)

DeletedUser1483

Any other comments? Loopholes etc anyone can see?

I will revise the originals with this suggestion:

would allowing a pre-set number of times that a user can let other people account sit?

I.E "you can only activate account sitting 2 more times"

And add a little more to it.

Chris

DeletedUser1483

I've tweaked it so far. Ill leave it on here for another 24hours ish as to give other people their say before presenting this for suggestion. :)

Chris

DeletedUser

Moved to Development Discussions. One week to discuss any specifics you wish to add/change.

Please edit the original post to reflect any decisions made.

DeletedUser

Just what is the account sitter allowed to do? If you are being attacked can they move your troops out of harms way? Are they allowed to attack someone back? Are they allowed to trade resources? Are they allowed to build?

If they are allowed to do any of that then that isn't account sitting, that is PLAYING your account which is most definitely against the rules. Also against the rules is giving your password away to anyone. So yeah, ummmm, this has no chance in hell of passing since 2 of the rules of the game have to be broken for it to come into existence.

DeletedUser1483

They can do anything that the normal player could do.

Apart from changing passwords, changing details of the main account holder etc.

Also it wouldn't require someone giving their password away, (i can tell you have not played TW). :)

Basically someone would be added as a sitter and can log into the other persons account (adding the other persons nickname instead of their own) and use their OWN password to "sit" the account. :)

Does this explain anymore?

Chris

DeletedUser

Just what is the account sitter allowed to do? If you are being attacked can they move your troops out of harms way? Are they allowed to attack someone back? Are they allowed to trade resources? Are they allowed to build?

If they are allowed to do any of that then that isn't account sitting, that is PLAYING your account which is most definitely against the rules. Also against the rules is giving your password away to anyone. So yeah, ummmm, this has no chance in hell of passing since 2 of the rules of the game have to be broken for it to come into existence.

wtf? :confused:
§1) One Account per player
It is forbidden to control another account even if its player is absent for any reason.
If they are allowed to do any of that then that isn't account sitting, that is PLAYING your account which is most definitely against the rules.
bravo
you have found a "rule" that doesn't support the account sitting feature however if this passes and is accepted by the development team they will change the rules AS THEY WILL HAVE NO CHOICE
Also against the rules is giving your password away to anyone. So yeah, ummmm, this has no chance in hell of passing since 2 of the rules of the game have to be broken for it to come into existence
READ the idea again. the password to whom!?!?

DeletedUser

Tribal wars cover that rule like so:

§1) One account per player

Each player is allowed only one account per game world, with the exception of the account sitting feature. Sharing your password with another player on any world you play is forbidden. Legal ways of taking over a new account, on the same world can be found here.

DeletedUser87

Not including the account sitting option is the BEST decision INNO made ever!

Now stop trying to figure out how to sleep and actually LEARN HOW TO PLAY THE GAME!

There are so many ways to play this without having 3-4 ppl to watch over it 24/7...

Instead of crying for the account sitting, again - LEARN HOW TO PLAY THE GAME!

DeletedUser1483

But the point is to not make it so people can watch over it 24/7. Please read my first post again and come back with a sensible response.

Preferably without the shouting. :) it is just an idea at this stage and requires no personal insults as to the fact i cannot play the game.

I assure you that i can.

Thanks,

Chris

DeletedUser1483

Abuse Prevention
- Preventing trade between the sitter and the main account holder for duration of sitting and also 24hours after sitting had ended. (this includes 3rd parties, such as in your rules about shared internet connections, something similar to this.)
- Preventing the main user from logging on while sitting is in progress, if the main user DOES log on then the sitting is discontinued.

Are just 2 ways to prevent abuse.

Allowing a pre-set number of times that a user can let other people account sit?

I.E "you can only activate account sitting 2 more times"

- Allowing only a certain amount of times that someone can sit your account. This is reset every month. This would prevent people from abusing the sitting system to stay on 24/7. People can only use it for when they are away for longer periods etc.

I thought i would give you the quote as to save yourself time. :)

Chris

DeletedUser87

But the point is to not make it so people can watch over it 24/7. Please read my first post again and come back with a sensible response.

Preferably without the shouting. :) it is just an idea at this stage and requires no personal insults as to the fact i cannot play the game.

I assure you that i can.

Thanks,

Chris

I'm sorry if I offended you. Was not targeted directly to you.
But no matter how many times I read you idea, my words will be the same.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.