Wish List Additional Gods

DeletedUser54843

Ancient Greek Gods, their 2 mythical units each, (not including divine envoys) and sets of 4 spells (for each deity), are some of the key ingredients in what makes Grepo fun to play. Why not add more Gods/Deities to the game?

I've come up with this list and even with few possible mythical units and spells for each deity.

Here's the list:

Deity: HEPHAESTUS (Hephaistos) - Mythical: TALOS (gigantic warrior made of bronze) - Spell: Volcano Eruption (destroys buildings and population)
Deity: APHRODITE - Mythical: SIRENS (naval unit, destroys ships) - Spell: Make love not war (additional city population)
Deity: APOLLO - Mythical: GIANT RAVENS (can attack incoming attacks) or DELPHYNE DRAGON - Spell: Light of the Sun (your army gains +20% strength vs enemy mythical units), Deadly Bows (Archers gain 30% fighting bonus when defending a city)
Deity: HECATE - Mythical: SPHINX - Spell: Crossroads (attacking units lose their way and go back home)
Deity: DIONYSUS - Mythical: MAENADS - Spell: Mad Frenzy (enemy units start fighting their own ranks, their numbers diminish)
Deity: DEMETER - Mythical: CHIMERA - Spell: Drought (population loss in target city), Golden Harvest (population gain), Flood (destroys population and some buildings)
Deity: ARES - Mythical: TYPHON - Spell: Battle Lust (attacking units gain a 20% fighting bonus but if victorious, they will completely destroy 1 or 2 buildings in the conquered city)

Tell me guys what do you think about the above listing, and what additional Mythical Units and Spells do you think could be added, or the replacement spells and/or mythicals, for the above mentioned deities.

DeletedUser54537

maybe just add 4 for a total of 10

Demeter
Ares
Hermes
Aphrodite

your spells are a bit too OP

DeletedUser54495

^ Basically all of these are too overpowered. Especially Ares, which is literally double of Athena's Heroic Power and also can take, what, 80 levels (maxed timber camp/silver mine down to 0) off buildings too if the units defeat? Like cmon way too strong...

Hecate sounds cool though

DeletedUser54192

The current versions are too overpowered, in my opinion. I've thought about adding extra gods/goddesses. The Ares/Athena overlap always presents an issue. Athena currently has both strategy and power covered by her spells, which is basically the same as Ares, except that he is thought of as more about brute force and less about strategy (ignoring the Roman-based mythology, which would change his character significantly). I feel the same way about Aphrodite. If I was to design a spell for her, it would basically end up being Desire, and therefore not a worthwhile addition. Sometime I will work on my own and get them onto the wish list. (Don't expect them to ever be implemented, but fun to start a discussion on or get views on).

DeletedUser54843

Yep, the spells could be a bit overpowered as currently suggested, they'd have to be honed down and worked over by the developers. I've got more spells written down, as well as more possible mythicals, however, since there's little interest in this topic, I won't bother.

However, Gods are are one of the key strategical ingredients to Grepo, one of the elements that makes the game as fun and addictive as it already is. If there were 13 gods to choose from instead of 6 like it is today, 26 mythical units available in the game instead of 12 as there are now and 52 instead of 24 spells to cast, it would add tremendously to the depth of the game! Players would want to have at least 1 deity at their disposal, creating the need to own 13 cities, meaning at least twice as long playing time on each world per player on average. More addicted players means more gold purchases and more fans of the game, a no-lose situation for Inno.

Games have to evolve and improve overtime, stagnation isn't the right choice to gain new players and keep vets coming back over and over again, gradually, they will leave for good.

DeletedUser42769

Alot of these spells sound all to familiar but just worded a little different, for example the ones that destroy buildings, are to similar to lightning bolt or earthquake in my opinion...

Also the population spells, people could abuse this and save up population, build manti nukes with like 200 mantis in if they use it for long enough (if i understand correctly)... this would destroy the game! Nothing is stopping 200+ mantis

the one with +20% fighting power would remove the need to buy commander...

However i do like the one where you can attack in coming attacks...

The one where you can return attacks home would be nice but could also be abused by players with hundreds of cities who have pretty much always got full favour, they could return all in coming attacks and never be attacked....

Just my opinion on these, mythical units sound good though ;)

DeletedUser54537

For spells you could make it so they 'counter' the current ones
and get gods that oppose the current ones
Hades counterpart: Phanes (God of creation and life), spells could include one where you get 10% more BP for your killed troops (costs 400 favour) or +10 population in the selected city (cost 500 favour)
Athena counterpart: Aphrodite (Goddess of love), spells could include one where the affected city cannot send out an attack for 1-2 hours (cost 400 favour)
Poseidon Counterpart: Gaea (not really a god but 'mother earth'), spells could include one where all land attacks are boosted by 10% for 3 hours (cost 400 favour)
Hera Counterpart: Heaphaseus (god of fire and blacksmith etc, associated with men), spells could include one where all academy researches in a certain city are boosted by 30% (cost 200 favour) or one where wood production is cut by 75% for 1-2 hours (cost 400 favour)

thats all right now

or we bring in the Titans and players can choose thier sides
Gods vs Titans (such as Chronos), could also be a possibility for endgame

DeletedUser54192

I'd personally be interested to see Hephaestus in there. I like the idea of speeding up researches. My original idea had been a spell to improve build speed. It would only be a low percentage, otherwise I can see a lot of abuse, but it could be interesting to see it, I think. Unless you are in a specific scenario, I don't tend to see researches as being as much of an issue with completion time, compared to troop/ship construction or build times. But I think you would definitely need a high cost, maybe 400 favour or even more. A siege-based myth, with a weaker attack vs walls than a catapult but a greater actual fighting value, could be quite fun, I feel.

For Apollo, I was thinking that you could do a counter to Artemis' Huntress spell. Something like a 15-20% reduction in attack strength for all ranged units in the incoming attack. Favour cost of maybe 120. I know that makes it cheaper than desire, but it relies on the attack being predominately ranged, and as such you either have to cast wisdom, use previously-gathered intel, or take a wild guess. Maybe 'Blinding Light' for the spell name.

Hecate would be nice, but I see her as one of the ones less likely to be brought in if more gods are added down the line. For a start, she isn't an Olympian, and bringing her in before some of the remaining Olympians doesn't make as much sense. Furthermore, with her emphasis being on magic itself, I feel that any of the spells that sound fun and thematic would be easily abused. Improved favour production in a city doesn't sound too bad, until you put it on a Hecate city, then put it on another Hecate city, and repeat a few times until you can start spamming it onto your other cities. I'm sure someone can think up a clever way to do some thematic spells with minimal opportunity for abuse, but I haven't so far.

Just thought of a fun spell for Morpheus - increases the recruitment times of troops from the barracks. "Forced Slumber", maybe. It would be a nice trick for stalling someone's rebuilding of an OLU nuke. Not sure on the favour cost. Maybe 250-300 depending on duration and the severity of the effect.

DeletedUser54843

Glad there's more posts about this idea!

Let me add more about the deities/mythicals/spells, I'd described in the thread post.

Grepolis is about Greek Gods, so it's Ares, not Mars, we're dealing with in Grepo. His characteristics were: battle fervor, bravery and courage in battle, as well as battle lust (basically going battle-mad, berserk). That's why I thought Battle Lust being one of his spells. It would give tremendous fighting bonus to an attacking army (attacking a city), although, if victorious, would cause complete destruction of a building (2 buildings would be too much I guess). One can rebuild buildings quite fast on low levels, matter of minutes, so it wouldn't be so bad, unless they'd take out an academy, that's worse. But hey, 20% attacking bonus but you will take out a random building completely, no problem early in the game, but later, quite a bit, the choice whether to use this spell would be up to the players.
The way I see it Ares' Battle Lust Spell would be very costly and cost perhaps 400 favor to cast.

For ARES, another mythical could be ENYO. One of his sons, Deimos, is already one of the heroes in the game (the best attacking hero by the way, Ares is all about attack)
I used TYPHON here, although not at all related to Ares. Typhon was the most destructive monster of Greek myth-I gather, it took Zeus himself to defeat him/it, and adding Typhon to Ares's arsenal as one of his two mythicals would make him very popular with the players.

Grepolis is about war, pretty much, and the War God should be one of the Deities in the game that deals with ancient Greek warfare and gods. That's my opinion.

DeletedUser54843

Alot of these spells sound all to familiar but just worded a little different, for example the ones that destroy buildings, are to similar to lightning bolt or earthquake in my opinion...

Also the population spells, people could abuse this and save up population, build manti nukes with like 200 mantis in if they use it for long enough (if i understand correctly)... this would destroy the game! Nothing is stopping 200+ mantis

the one with +20% fighting power would remove the need to buy commander...

However i do like the one where you can attack in coming attacks...

The one where you can return attacks home would be nice but could also be abused by players with hundreds of cities who have pretty much always got full favour, they could return all in coming attacks and never be attacked....

Just my opinion on these, mythical units sound good though ;)

Thanks for the reply!

Zeus's bolt lowers 1 random building and Poseidon's Earthquake targets only the wall. Hephaestus's VOLCANO would cause damage to more buildings (for example 2- always including the farm, but not the walls), or the spell could be called GREAT FIRE instead. Also, as in real volcano eruptions and great fires, there would be population loss, it could lower the farm level 1 or 2 levels. The spell wouldn't cost tremendous amount of favor but could only be cast once every 2h-or so (on a target city), similar to the EQ.

City Population Boost spells I have thought out and will explain how I think they could be implemented in other posts.

Crows were the sacred animals to Apollo, and being very smart birds, I thought they could be sent against incoming attacks (this hasn't been used in Grepolis so far, you can only affect incoming attacks with spells to this point, however, why not have the ability to send units to counter an incoming attack? -literally, you'd attack inbound attacks)

I will add more about Apollo in another post.

As for Hecate, she would be mysterious and very dangerous deity, with ghostly/magical spells and powerful mythicals. Crossroads were one of her symbols, the spell as I wrote it up, meaning by casting it, the incoming attacking army loses its way and goes back where it came from, would have to cost high favor and only be available to be used on the same army once.
However, the second option is to make the Crossroads spell even more powerful and dangerous (or create another Hecate spell), where the affected attacking army loses their way and goes off and attacks another, random city! (although never one of the owner's cities, or his/her alliance's). Imagine, you sent a powerful attack, put a spell on it and went off to work, meanwhile, the defending player Purified your spell with Artemis and used Hecate's Crossroads on it and your attack ended up attacking a city of a much stronger player/alliance than yours!-the trouble you might be in as a result...

DeletedUser54192

I still think that Battle Lust is horrendously overpowered. You say it is balanced out by the possibility of destroying a building level but, in my opinion, that's not really any sort of balance. Yes, you would have to rebuild that building level if you then took the city. But I am not sure I know anyone who would turn down 20% increase on attack strength just because of one building level. I'd rather get the city and rebuild the building than fail to get the city because I didn't want to risk damaging a building. And if you aren't intending to take the city that you are attacking, then the destruction of one building level is a bonus, not a balancing factor, as it functions like minimum-effect-level stone hail catapults. Imagine defending against a flier nuke or OLU nuke with this spell on it. You are probably going to lose the BP ratio by a long way, and you then have a building level to rebuild as well as all those troops. You put that sort of spell on a few nukes of 1500+ OLU (easily doable even for attacks to other islands), and you can just make enemy DLU stacks evaporate. I don't even want to think about how broken this would be on a flier nuke against a siege on a city with a low wall.

I appreciate the idea of adding in Typhon, but you have to consider the scale of the game. I'm pretty sure that Typhon is many times more powerful than any of the other myths currently used in Grepolis. I might be wrong, but I thought it actually took multiple gods to bring down Typhon, not just Zeus. The stats you would need for it would make it less of a strategic tool and more of a 'build and throw at enemy', because with the sort of attack values it should have, it's going to cause serious damage no matter what it hits.

I appreciate that you want to add in Ares. But I believe that if you are going to add in Ares, it is probably necessary to rework Athena. Athena currently covers both the courage and strategy aspects of war, through her spells.

I also believe that the Hephaestus spell is overpowered. It's basically a hugely souped-up lightning bolt. At the moment, lightning bolt isn't really used much except to annoy the enemy, because you can't guarantee hitting something important. (Although as a teammate of mine pointed out, it does seem to hit the cave quite a lot). A spell with blanket damage would be fun, but would be easily abused. And if you say that it always takes at least one level off the farm, it becomes ridiculous in my opinion. When I use stone hail catapults, or the few occasions on which I have used bolt, I am hoping that it will hit the farm, academy, temple or cave. (Hitting the harbour and taking it down to 19 in a CS city can be funny, but relies on them having a level 20 harbour and you hitting it - temple is one of the most expensive buildings, and academy, farm and cave are a pain to lose levels on). You've basically got a lucky stone hail effect that can be used over any range, without warning. That's too powerful. You don't have to win the battle, or send an attack, like you do with cats. Just blam and the enemy loses a farm level and other building levels. Bolt does the same thing in terms of having no warning and being able to damage well-defended cities, but it is acceptable because it's 200 favour for 1 building level that you get no choice on what it hits. 2 hours is too short a cooldown for anywhere near this sort of damage, and anyways it would need to depend on world speed, same as the cooldown for the other negative spells.

I think the Hecate idea is fun, but again easily abusable. Just organise with allies to have some cities from which you can farm each other's favour when necessary, and watch as you can just bounce the vast majority of CS attempts away without having to fight. I won't discuss the second version in detail, but it seems too chaotic to me. It means that any attack anyone sends out has the possibility to suddenly hit their teammates or allies instead. You could ruin a lot of planning with one spell. (Not going into Sea Storm here, as that eventuality should be covered in the planning). There's no way to counter this spell, and this second version is inherently more powerful than any other spell you can cast on an attack, as it effectively removes 100% of enemy units from the attack on you, with the 0 BP being the only downside. It'd be hell for diplomats as well, due to the possibility of hitting allies.

I like the fact that you want to include more gods and are willing to step up with suggestions for spells and myths. But you're making them too powerful, with very little in the way of downsides. Battle Lust is a double strength heroic power that also gives the anti-building effect of 10 stone hail catapults. Crossroads gives the ability to theoretically avoid any CS attempt, so long as you use the alarm and have some favour farms. It's just a bit much, really.

DeletedUser54537

seems like the main 3 gods to add are Ares, Heaphasus and Hecate

Ares: god of war, shows the brute side of war

Myth units:
Colchian Dragon - V. High Defence, low offence, cost ~400 favour to build, ~60 pop, Land. Cannot fly
Ismenian Dragon - High Offence, low to medium defence, cost ~250 favour to build, ~40 pop, Naval. Cannot Fly

Spells:
Vultures - Vultures feed on the dead, giving 10 favour for every 200 pop killed. cost 250
Serpents - Snakes terrorise the city making people stay inside, No attacks from that city can be sent for 1 hour. cost 400
Battle Lust - +20% attack strengh but remaining troops (your own) get destroyed. cost 350
Sparta - 5 hoplites get casted in the city. cost 60

Heaphastus: god of fire and craftsmen

Myth Units:
Talos - High Defence, High Offence, cost ~400 favour and ~65 pop. Land, Cannot fly
Bulls of Aaetes - V.High Offence, V.Low Defence, cost ~300 favour and ~45 pop, land, cannot fly

Spells:
Hammer - Buildings construct 30% faster for 3 hours, cost 100
Fire Rain - Timber Camp loses 3-5 levels, cost 270
Pandora - Decreased recruiting time by 30% for 3 hours, cost 200
Armour - 15% increased defence value in the city for all land troops for 3 hours, cost 400

Hecate:
goddess of magic, crossroads and ghosts

Myth Units:
Sphinx - High Offence, Low defence, cost 200 favour and 25 pop, land and can fly
Spirits - Medium Offence, V.Low Defence, cost 15 favour and 3 pop, land and can fly. CAN ATTACK INCOMING ATTACKS.

Spells:
Crossroads - 30-50% of attacking troops return home, cost 270
Necromancy - 5-10% of killed units when defending are brought back to life and given to you, cost 370
Blinding Light - Distance weapons have -10% offence. cost 120
Witchcraft - Land troops can attack a city on an isalnd nearby. Cost 500 and must wait 36 hours before being able to use it again

DeletedUser54192

Nice work, Notmad! I like the balance for Battle Lust. Makes it less useful for something you expect to survive, and has a niche for the first few waves against a stacked city. Rather risky with the fact that the enemy can dodge, which means you have to think carefully about it.

The only spell I am slightly concerned about is Armour. Put that on a siege in the late-game, and things get utterly brutal. However you need 3 to last a full 12 hour siege, which can't be done unless you risk purification, so it does have a downside with that risk.

Overall, love the ideas!
smiley_emoticons_bravo2.gif

EDIT: One quick question - with the Witchcraft spell, would it be functioning off of the land units' travel times? Just thinking that overland cat nukes that can island-hop might be brutal.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser54537

Nice work, Notmad! I like the balance for Battle Lust. Makes it less useful for something you expect to survive, and has a niche for the first few waves against a stacked city. Rather risky with the fact that the enemy can dodge, which means you have to think carefully about it.

The only spell I am slightly concerned about is Armour. Put that on a siege in the late-game, and things get utterly brutal. However you need 3 to last a full 12 hour siege, which can't be done unless you risk purification, so it does have a downside with that risk.

Overall, love the ideas!
smiley_emoticons_bravo2.gif

EDIT: One quick question - with the Witchcraft spell, would it be functioning off of the land units' travel times? Just thinking that overland cat nukes that can island-hop might be brutal.

For armour it would show in the siege report so you would know when to use purification, to balance it more we could put the price down to 300 and put 10% defence

for witchcraft I was thinking of the unit's travel times but we could use slow transport times

DeletedUser54192

Ah, okay. Showing in the siege report is a good plan.

Units travel times is probably a little better for balance. Not so applicable in conquest, due to low walls, but an overland OLU+cat nuke with no pop spent on ships can be utterly brutal to any defence (even more so if you use Erinyes). Would be nice to have a bit of warning that it might be that size of nuke if they can suddenly lob it at me from 1 island over onto a stacked city.

DeletedUser54537

well an OLU nukes should be no problem but a cat nuke would take a few hours, and thats just on speed 3-4
on speed 2 or 1 you would see it coming a long way

DeletedUser54495

Notmad those are really sick..... actually really nice ideas.

DeletedUser54805

I've got some spell ideas (thought I could just tack it onto this existing thread) that may be interesting. I'm leaving the god/goddess and spell name blank, so if anyone wants to fit it with a deity, they can.

- Attack timer scrambler (we all know Grepo loves the defense, but this makes it significantly harder to predict an attack).
Cast on city. The defender can only see that there is an incoming attack, but cannot determine when it will land. Suggested Cost: 300

- Favor transfer
Cast on city. Deity bestows X (determined by devs if implemented) favor on a city. Suggested Cost: 2*X

- Attack an Attack
Cast on an incoming attack. An incoming attack can be targeted by you. You can send attacks to the incoming attack, and so long as your travel time is less than that of the remaining of the incoming, it will hit. Uses own offense values and incoming attack's defense values (as if they were caught by surprise in the ocean). Suggested Cost: 200

- Pursuit
Cast on an (incoming??) attack. Not 100% sure how this would work, but it essentially allows one to send an immediate response attack that "pursues" an opponent's troops after they've successfully attacked your city (it attacks the opponent's returning troops en route). Suggested cost: 230??

- Anti-Espionage
Cast on city. For X hours (suggested 6), all spies sent to the target city will fail. Suggested Cost: 150??

-
Espionage
Cast on city. Sends a free spy to target city that cannot fail, but will alert the target (as if the target had an oracle). Suggested cost: 200??

- Backwards Invisibility
Cast on own attack. Troops are invisible for the last 10% of their journey. Suggested Cost: 200?

- Random resource
Cast on city. [Deity] bestows upon the city 1000 of a random resource (wood, stone, or silver). Suggested Cost: 50?

- Trojan Horse
Cast on own attack. Attack is seen as an incoming support instead. Suggested Cost: 300?

- Anti-air
Cast on city. City cannot be attacked by flying units for X hours. Suggested Cost: 300?

- Show and Tell
Cast on own attack. Reveals to target your attacking troops, but grants +X% bonus attack power. Suggested Cost: 200?

-
Tortoise
Cast on city. All attacks' travel times to target city are increased by 100%, but the attacks are granted +X% bonus attack power. Suggested Cost: 150?

-
Hare
Cast on city. All attacks' travel times to target city are half as long, but the attacks suffer -X% attack power. Suggested Cost: 150?

- Kamikaze
Cast on own city. All LS in your city turn into fire ships for X hours. Suggested Cost: 100?

DeletedUser54192

I have to agree with Notmad. Most of these spells are definitely overpowered. I'll give some brief examples of how:

- Favour transfer: this is the exact reason that they made Divine Envoys be removed from the barracks queue when you change god in the city. It makes it way too easy to convert favour. If you want extra favour with a specific god, then favour farm with myths, save some improved favour tokens, or just have more temple levels for the cities in which you worship that god. Also, if you think of it on an alliance-wide scale, it allows everyone to dump extra favour on the player being attacked with no time constraints. That would get ridiculous.

- Attack time scrambler: you have now made it utterly impossible to snipe a CS. In revolt, I would put this spell on my CS every single time. Because if I get that CS in, and he doesn't snipe it, I have taken his city and there is nothing he can do. On conquest, when you have a lot of close supports and attacks, it would be difficult to snipe as well. You've basically given the attack a free anti-snipe mechanism.

- Attack on an attack: imagine someone lobs an LS nuke at your LS city. You now have the capability to destroy that incoming LS nuke in a way far more brutal than sea storm. The same goes for if you attack an incoming slinger nuke. It basically just acts like you caught the enemy at home.

- Pursuit: again, you've just found a way to massacre someone's offensive units. People have to learn to time very carefully in order to do this. Giving a spell that does this takes away from the skill required (which I don't have, so not even biased on this), and again makes it easy to kill the attacker's OLU/LS with basically no effort.

- Anti-espionage: someone starts trying to spy-bomb you. You've now just blocked their attempt with 1 spell. Perfect if you don't keep much in your cave. The moment you see the enemy trying to spy, cast it. Done.

- Espionage: well, no point stacking your cave anymore. If you have stacked your cave high enough, or the enemy resort to spy-bombing, then you are going to know anyways, and at least your silver in your cave is useful. With this spell around, I wouldn't bother filling caves above about 11k, if that.

- Backwards invisibility: basically an anti-sniping tool that screws short travel time snipes. You can counter it if you get the attack times down on a GRCR command overview conversion, or write down all the attack times, but still a complete pain to use. And you now can't spell the attack in the last part of the journey.

- Random resource: So 20 of a resource per favour cost. Same resource/favour ratio as Hera's wedding spell, and actually worse than Poseidon's Kingly Gift, or Artemis' Nature's Gift. So this one isn't really broken. Just not actually worth it. The only time it is better on resources/favour is if you get silver and compare it to the Treasures of the Underworld spell from Hades. But that's a 1 in 3 chance (assuming no coded bias within the spell to make it more or less likely to get certain resource types). If I am using a resource spell on a city, rather than trading the resources from another of my cities, trading it on the market (or begging from my alliance mates), or looting an enemy/neutral/ghost city, it is because I want a specific type of resource right now. Which means that a random resource type is pretty much useless. I could get wood when trying to build a wall, or stone when going for FTS/swords/archers. Not broken, so far as I can see. But definitely one that I don't think anyone would choose to use on a regular basis.

- Trojan horse: now you can't cast spells on this incoming attack. Perfect for a CS, and makes things ridiculous for the defender.

- Anti-air: extremely annoying on revolt, utterly broken on conquest. For conquest, just stack your siege with biremes, enough DLU to cover any transports that might get through the biremes, cast the spell, and watch as the enemy can't send the fliers that they built specifically for siege breaks. Depending on the duration, cast city protection and then your enemy can't even purify the spell.

- Show and tell: okay, so your enemy casts wisdom on your incoming attack. You then cast show and tell. You've just given yourself an attack bonus at no cost except a few favour. Also, if your enemy knows what you make in that city from spy reports or previous attacks, you may as well cast show and tell.

- Tortoise: huge defensive bonus, really. I'll do a revolt example for this. I don't care how strong your CS wave is, or how well-timed your attack waves are, if I can force your CS to land after my revolt is over. CS lands after end of red revolt, then hard luck. And this is exactly how I would use it. Also gives you double the time to stack the city against incoming attacks. On a conquest note, you've just made their CS easier to snipe. Double all the travel times, and you double the gap between each travel time. Unless the enemy has same-second attacks/supports, you've just made it lots easier to snipe the CS. A 2 or 3 second window, which is fairly reasonable for those newer to conquest, or those who just can't get the anti-timer to favour them, suddenly becomes a 4 to 6 second window. Now it's easy to snipe that CS, with a lot less effort.

- Hare: so..... you attack my city that is stacked with defence, either because I turtled, or because it's a city that has Long Term Support from others in your alliance. The timing of your attacks won't matter too much unless they are short TTs. So I can make you get to a city sooner, but I am already prepared for it, and now your LS/OLU nukes are much weaker, and will do a lot less damage to me. All for as little as 150 favour.

- Kamikaze: not the most broken, but still pretty bad. Incoming LS nuke or trireme nuke on your LS city, and you won't be online to dodge, or can't dodge for some reason. Cast the spell, and the enemy just loses a tonne of LS/tris on a bad ratio. If you keep LS in a frontline city and don't use the alarm (or you don't trust the alarm to be reliable enough to save your LS), cast that spell and it is now impossible for the enemy to catch your LS when you are offline.

In conclusion, all but 1 of these spells seem easy to abuse (in my opinion) and the one spell which I can't see a way to abuse has a random element that makes it much less useful. These spells would take a lot of skill out of the game, which in my opinion is definitely a bad thing. This is a real-time strategy game, not a dice game.