Advent Calendar Units

DeletedUser

Does anyone remember what # day(s) (if any) have been horsemen, or alternatively hoplites?

DeletedUser27700

I believe it was one day each foe hoplites and horsemen.
2 per hour for hops, 1 per hour horse, if i remember correctly.

DeletedUser

I can't without paying 50 gold, I would like to buy one, preferably horseman, but the only one I know for sure is that day 11 was LS, and day 15 was slings.

DeletedUser

I can't without paying 50 gold, I would like to buy one, preferably horseman, but the only one I know for sure is that day 11 was LS, and day 15 was slings.

Apologies mate, didn't realize you had to pay to open up.

DeletedUser

Frankly its worth doing, you can easily get 100-200 gold from doing surveys and such in the Earn Gold section. You just have to use accurate information and such. I made a quick 400 gold in about 30 minutes doing them and it got me situated for a while.

DeletedUser3393

Frankly its worth doing, you can easily get 100-200 gold from doing surveys and such in the Earn Gold section. You just have to use accurate information and such. I made a quick 400 gold in about 30 minutes doing them and it got me situated for a while.

50 gold you spend for an extra gift can be used to ran an olympic. = 1 culture.

Unless u think ur gift is worth 1 culture.. it is a waste of gold. I spend gold in the game and even i think spending any gold in the christmas calendar is a waste of gold.

DeletedUser

Unless u think ur gift is worth 1 culture.. it is a waste of gold. I spend gold in the game and even i think spending any gold in the christmas calendar is a waste of gold.

That is a good question, is conquering farms 2 or more farms about five+ hours earlier (assuming we are keeping barracks queue full 100% of the time) for a first city worth more than 1 culture around the time that you need culture for adding third city?

For me buying horsemen got me 24 horse (17280 resources saved + 7.67 queue hours saved) The queue hours saved meant that I was able to capture the 6th and 7th farms 7.67 hours earlier than I would have otherwise gaining me another ~23194 resources (7.67 hours * 2 farms * 12 demands per hour * 42 resources per demand per type * 3 types). So about 40k resources from 50 gold. Maybe this is not quite enough to make it worthwhile yet, but in theory this will also save me time on both my first capture, and eventually my 8th farm. If we assume that both of those times are resource limited rather queue time limited (a big assumption I know) this would translate into 4 hours (since 7 farms at expansion level 3 generate 10584 resources per hour) (7 farms * 12 demands * 42 resources * 3 types). So potentially 4 hours quicker first capture, and 4 hours quicker 8th farm. (not to mention 4 hours quicker pretty much everything else).

Does this compare to 1 extra culture point (1/3rd of the requirement for third city?) meh, I would have to say yes.

IIf we were talking about a brand new server having 48 more hoplites, 48 more slingers, 24 more horseman, or 12 more LS when bp started dropping could make a large difference in number of ABP you could get in the first week post bp, making olympics no comparison at all.

DeletedUser3393

Your assumption that a farm is level 4.. not that common yet.

You are taking into account 1 GIFT, thats what I believe, there is only gift a day worthwhile.. spending gold to get other 2 gifts everyday = WASTE of gold.

Now if you are on Day 17 and you need to go back in time to get the 24horses. If you do not have a 7th farm right now, and are not conquest ready (Except for starting late) you might as well pack your bags and leave.

Now you are talking about spending 200 gold on getting 48 hops, 48 slings, 24horses and 12LS is at best equal to 450 BP (If you hit offense troops).

But 200 gold = 4 culture points.

In the beginning of the world, what determines your victory against others is how many cities you have, BP will come with cities.

Not to forget you are getting the 24horses over a period of 24hrs. Means one horse per hour.
If your queue times is really an issue, you would have Hera as your god and that would solve the queue time issue. Especially with the massive favor we get from daily logins. (For 1 city players)

DeletedUser

Your assumption that a farm is level 4.. not that common yet.

You are taking into account 1 GIFT, thats what I believe, there is only gift a day worthwhile.. spending gold to get other 2 gifts everyday = WASTE of gold.

Now if you are on Day 17 and you need to go back in time to get the 24horses. If you do not have a 7th farm right now, and are not conquest ready (Except for starting late) you might as well pack your bags and leave.

Now you are talking about spending 200 gold on getting 48 hops, 48 slings, 24horses and 12LS is at best equal to 450 BP (If you hit offense troops).

But 200 gold = 4 culture points.

In the beginning of the world, what determines your victory against others is how many cities you have, BP will come with cities.

Not to forget you are getting the 24horses over a period of 24hrs. Means one horse per hour.
If your queue times is really an issue, you would have Hera as your god and that would solve the queue time issue. Especially with the massive favor we get from daily logins. (For 1 city players)

Actually those are level 3 farms, which all of the ones that I have are (several other actives on my island so I am not building them up all by myself).

I started on the 15th, just came back after a 15 month break from the game due to law school. So I got the 48 slingers as my first gift, and then bought the 24 horses. I have been keeping my barracks queue full 90%+ of the time so far and my senate queue at least 80%, I haven't been able to do 5 minute demands for the full ~17 hours a day required to get max resources but I have been within a few thousand resources of maxing each day so far. I just hit 1k points and that doesn't include a temple yet so can't "solve the queue" problem yet. (1k points after less than 48 hours on speed 3 is not completely horrible I think?)

DeletedUser

I started about a week late so my area hasn't been out of BP long and most of the people are still on a single city, I'll rephrase my statement with, with a young city its worth opening them up as they give you a nice bit of troops which saves you time and resources to focus towards other things.

DeletedUser3393

For players who are new, it maybe worth it..
but if your gold is limited would you not rather save it for Admin/captain/commander than use it on these small gifts.

For bigger players, imo all gifts are useless now.. except for the 250 Favor one.

DeletedUser

Absolutely, units get progressively less useful, but at the beginning they are a very nice boost. Eventually nothing compares to the assistants, especially captain.

DeletedUser

Does anyone know which gifts contained Biremes?
I just started on a new world and want to increase my Defenses.