advice on the world /alliance help ...please join me, save meeeeeee ;)

• Thread starter DeletedUser50679
  • Start date

DeletedUser50679

So, i have been playing for a while now but this is the first revolt world i have been playing Taras.On Taras i ran an alliance for a bit and was approached by a member to set up an alliance on this world so i did a big and excited countdown till the world began and excitedly set up the alliance. All was going well, till about 2 days ago. I have 2 branches.Both caps were reached and we were holding our own and had a decent place in the ranking.From the inside and from out of nowhere,an officer caused a "frakas" (quoting Jeremy Clarkson) causing the alliances to partially collapse,or at least a large loss of members.He had obviously been working on it for a while as he had already recruited numerous players to go with him.
Now i still have a decent number of players based in and around 35 but i need more actives and activity on the forum.We do have some good powerful players, and i want to keep them, have been trying so hard to fight for the alliance and want to keep it running but i need to either recruit more or get more activity going in the forums. But how can it be done? I have sent out mass mails about it and am trying to get people to come out of their shells a bit.I have talked to several people who have similar issues.Is it just the way some players are, the way the world works or what lol?!!I have had leadership changed so hopefully this will help!

So all in all if you are in or around 35 please please please join me and try to get my alliances back on their feet.

DeletedUser44426

What's your IGN?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser50679

pink spider is my IGN too, alliance is soulless assassins :)

DeletedUser353

Hi Spider. Im guessing its me youre referring to who caused the 'frakas'?

First off, when I joined SA2 I was made a leader within a day (unasked for) so thought I would chip in and try and shape things. I made suggesting about restructuring the forums (all 13 tabs of them!!), about reducing the ridiculous amount of pacts (was it 10 at the last time of counting?) about culling inactives, about not sending blind invites but mailing players directly and a whole host of other things.

I sent out mail to alliance members encouraging interaction, support, team play, tried to recruit sensibly, actually kicked inactives and worked my butt of to try and turn things around. In the end it was a battle I was losing as other leaders in both alliances were putting up walls faster than I could knock them down (figuratively speaking!).

When I left and took the best players with me it wasnt the end result of an elaborate plan, it was a quick decision and all it took to recruit your best players was a single mail to them saying "Im sure you think this is cr*p too ... come with me". They did. En Mass. From what I gather pretty much the same thing happened not only in SA2 but in SA also.

Even after parting I sent the SA2 leader a mail explaining and saying 'sorry but I had no alternative' and again offereing some advice going forward such as radically reducing the Pacts, merging the two SA alliances and dropping the solo players but instead you continue to mass recruit and nothing much seems to have changed.

I hope if you do get good advice (as you have asked for in this post) which Im sure you will, then you act upon it. Learning from mistakes makes us better players and leaders.

I wish you the best of luck.

Mid

DeletedUser50679

3rd attempt at replying,see if i can do it without getting logged out again ><!!

this is what i know/my side of things
firstly i dont know what issues with leaders you are on about but give me their names and i shall speak to the about it.
secondly, i agree with you, yes there were issues that needed dealing with and that is being dealt with slowly but surely.I also agree that the forums are,were lousy.They are being redone atm, the one player who left SA initially was the forum moderator.

Leadership.... as far as i was aware positions were offered up and people requested them and that is why you were put up.
there is a bit of an overhaul going on with everything there atm, including if needs be switching and kicking of players,we know now that in this world activity seems to be paramount with communication and it seems many alliances have the same issue, but i am determined to get it all working by all means necessary.I have been through worse than this and come out the other side. The problem was,is, not the alliance but the players, which is why my forum moderator left as you may know.
The upset came because everyone seems to place the forum as such a key part in it all going off yet i had messaged you asking for help ,and asked you to help me sort it out , you read but didnt reply yet i hear back that everyone comments on that but no one was willing to help.
i just think it should have been handled differently,and not done the way it was by anyone,as leaders that should have been the first thing,i will speak to the others involved if you give me their name.
Sorry this reply may seem a bit blunt or direct, its the 3rd time i have had too write it out for it not to publish lol

wish you well too

DeletedUser21625

Now i still have a decent number of players based in and around 35 but i need more actives and activity on the forum.We do have some good powerful players, and i want to keep them, have been trying so hard to fight for the alliance and want to keep it running but i need to either recruit more or get more activity going in the forums. But how can it be done? .

Organise an op. Do your research, pick some decent targets, set it up. Pick targets with a reasonable expectation of success, be realistic.

People get tired of talk, need action. The action will get people on to the alliance forum naturally, it pulls the team together.

DeletedUser50679

Organise an op. Do your research, pick some decent targets, set it up. Pick targets with a reasonable expectation of success, be realistic.

People get tired of talk, need action. The action will get people on to the alliance forum naturally, it pulls the team together.

thanks hun, i shall put it to my officers :)

DeletedUser25746

Sounds to me like your typical teen starting a MRA. Leadership should be earned. I personally don't like the idea of wing alliances but seem to be nessecary unfortunately in today's game. You however should never start one until you have atleast two things. One a leader you trust as much as yourself who shares the same views and styles. Secondly unless your first alliance is running close to perfect don't think of a second because any problem is them atleast magnified by two.

This may have actually been the best thing that could happen. Think hard about what went wrong. Who were the people who tried to help. Who are the people who did nothing in leadership. Regroup and realize it's not quantity it's quality. Quantity only matters when you have very good to great leaders and an abundance of quality.

Best of luck in future.

DeletedUser10810

Seriously guys?

Yeah I know I came back to this game after a good amount of sleep and hibernation, but really ?

Please somebody tell me, since when alliance leaders started to show their internal problems to the world and invite the wolf towards them ? What kind of strategy is this ?

While I am actually loving this family soap in a war game and hoping that this will have many seasons and episodes but my pop corn just finished...

NUKE 'EACH OTHER (quoted) might be a good entertainment?

DeletedUser17748

Just a little info on SA...

I used to be in the alliance Beers and Brawlers which disbanded after I had family issues and nobody seemed to want to take over. Anyways, before this we began attacking SA and we absolutely rimmed them. I recived 3 PMs as pleas for an end to the conflict from the SA players as they didn't want to lose their precious cities. We farmed them for a week and a bit before our disband and no one of them recived any support. This is why they left in trickles and then the big migration. Hope this clears stuff up.

*Asks for handful of popcorn*

DeletedUser

A little info on the new SA:

I saw this post on the externals and it tickled my heart strings. So I went in, did some helping and teaching, and the alliance is on a huge up swing. They won a small war against Nemesis and are now banding together against another threat. Motivation and cooperation are at an all time high. With a new crew backing a much more confident leadership I only see them rising.

DeletedUser17748

A little info on the new SA:

I saw this post on the externals and it tickled my heart strings. So I went in, did some helping and teaching, and the alliance is on a huge up swing. They won a small war against Nemesis and are now banding together against another threat. Motivation and cooperation are at an all time high. With a new crew backing a much more confident leadership I only see them rising.

Well, that "Rising" new crew is now done an dusted.

DeletedUser40223

Sounds like an MRA to me.. Everybody wants to kill MRA's.. and simmers.. ;)

Too often I see alliances with 2-3 divisions and they think they are safe. They aren't. Numbers alone give no advantage as you need teamwork, team spirit and skill. If you are lacking in any of those departments you will come up short when faced with an enemy who know what they are doing. As someone else said further down the thread there is no point in having a 2nd/3rd alliance division if the first one isn't 100% right..

One organised alliance of peeps who fight for each other will beat 10 MRA's.. All day, every day..

DeletedUser38465

Sounds like an MRA to me.. Everybody wants to kill MRA's.. and simmers.. ;)

Too often I see alliances with 2-3 divisions and they think they are safe. They aren't. Numbers alone give no advantage as you need teamwork, team spirit and skill. If you are lacking in any of those departments you will come up short when faced with an enemy who know what they are doing. As someone else said further down the thread there is no point in having a 2nd/3rd alliance division if the first one isn't 100% right..

One organised alliance of peeps who fight for each other will beat 10 MRA's.. All day, every day..

Sometimes the mras won't attack just by fear of the banner.