Advice to New/Struggling Players

DeletedUser41523

I always see the posts or complaints about how the game is unfair for new players. While I agree there's issues, its not changing anytime soon. So I'm going to post some helpful advice for newer or struggling players. This hopefully will help you not be conquered as often.

Play Revolt: Revolt can be a very tough environment at times too and there's trade offs to playing there. But overall, you can play it on a tougher time schedule and won't necessarily lose a city if your attack alarm goes out...Or if you decide not to use the alarm at all. The newer player is inclined to build walls, on conquest this makes you a target. On revolt this makes you everybody else. There's also not as much incentive to spam players and most the time that attacks pile up, you're being oped. But most importantly, it buys you extra time in the conquest process. Even weaker alliances can generally put up a few hundred biremes and DLU in the earlier phases of the game. Where as in conquest, if you get landed on, that's generally it for your town.

Don't Rush To Buy Gold: Maybe get the advisors as they help, but don't go instant building everything when you haven't played. Additionally, you can trade resources for gold. Unless you latch onto a good team, you might want to trade and not be overly attached to your first town or two. Build up a nice supply of free gold while you learn to play the game.

Find Guides: There's a lot of info out there if you look for it.

Join An Alliance: You probably won't have your pick of alliances when you first start out. But even that invite to a relatively active but not top tier alliance is still better than going at it alone. When you do join an alliance, make a contribution. Clear cities for team mates and send support to save towns.

Use The Phone App: Even in revolt, the app is useful for saving your troops and cities from attacks during your off hours. You want to use it.

Be Aggressive:
Even if you decide to go the trader route and lay low build offense. This will give you access to resources and let you trade for more gold. If you decide to go at it seriously, this reduces your threats on islands and gives you access to more resources. This also will give you battle points to take more towns with.

Don't Neglect Defense:
Its a deadly mistake. Have troops to support yourself and others with. It'll save a lot of towns.

Start Later: Don't join right away to rush to be the top player in the world for a day or two. You can wait a few days or even weeks and still get there eventually. If you're new, its best to join later in the world so you can play the game away from the top teams. Eventually building up so that you might land on a top team or have one from the rim of the world.

That's all I got for now, if anyone else wants to chime in, feel free to. :)

DeletedUser41523

I'm not saying don't buy it. But I am saying that you should be sold on the game and know how to play decently first. It helps a lot, but last thing anyone wants is for a new player to spend a lot on the game thinking it'll make them great and then see them get rimmed.

DeletedUser5268

Any new players, feel free to PM me.

Ask questions, I'll be glad to join and help you out wherever world you play too. This is to help you learn the game.

Good thread @The Smilodon Fatalis

DeletedUser43011

Buy lots of gold when the gold offer is on, wait for event, smash the Granny out of the event and spam everyone with redheads on your islands.

DeletedUser4945

Also, talk to your island neighbors! The first player I messaged when I started playing became my mentor and helped me be a success in my first world. Offer to help them, and they'll likely help you. :)