Aegean Battleships Feedback Thread

css1981

Phrourach
I thought this was a cool event, with a lot easy rewards... beside of that you don't have to spend gold in a event... that's your own choice you are making...

1saaa

Strategos
Unfortunately these so called "events" are all now in effect when stripped down nothing more than "Gambling" games.

Maybe time to bring an age restriction on this game, "kids" being encouraged to click a mouse in the chance of maybe or maybe not getting a random reward, the price they have been asked to pay in this event is obscene.

Ironic really that this event required you to spend extortionate amounts of money to progress a ship around a map by randomly given moves on the spin of a compass.

Obviously becoming more and more obvious that inno have seemingly absolutely no Moral Compass. Should be ashamed, addiction is not a pleasant thing, but unfortunately is too often a result of gambling along with the knock on effects that accompany such.
It really depends on how you define gambling. I mean some would say that gambling is just probability and knowing when to stop.

Others would (rightfully so) call it a destructive habit.

I would like to ask that where is the line drawn in this sense? Because, grep does have a few luck elements involved. These include the countertimer and luck on attacks. Are these gambling?

Do the randomised odds on getting extra stones and eggs on events like the trial of slingers count as gambling?

There is a vey big grey area in gambling. And its very tricky to define in a game like this.

TBH this event isn't completely pay 2 win in my opinion. You can be smart about firing your cannon balls and in my experience the rewards are quite generous (maybe thats because I'm on speed one). It allows players to stack up rituals like summoning of neriads which is effective for rebuilding LS nukes. And it also gives fairly rare reinforcement tokens like catapults.

But, that doesn't stop some parts of it from being obscene. The cannon prices are a bit high and there is way to much potential for smart coiners to stack up the ares rage token giving them a large advantage over others who could not get as many.

DeletedUser52860

For me it was the first new event I remember for a while that could be played successfully and enjoyed completely free of charge.

Well done Inno.

Loads of buffs without really tipping the scales in favour of the big golders (i.e. no silly manti buffs or the ability to buy nukes). I bought 1 extra shot on the last day to get a +50 population buff that I was one short for and that was it.

DeletedUser55100

It really depends on how you define gambling. I mean some would say that gambling is just probability and knowing when to stop.

I would like to ask that where is the line drawn in this sense? Because, grep does have a few luck elements involved. These include the countertimer and luck on attacks. Are these gambling?

Absolutely not, there is no financial connection to influence either the anti timer or luck, these are purely random and cannot be influenced in any way, gambling requires an amount, a chance or risk, and a prize.

Do the randomised odds on getting extra stones and eggs on events like the trial of slingers count as gambling?

If you are spending money to buy extra shots in the chance of getting (or not getting) a possible prize in the form of bonus loot in this case I would suggest yes it is definitely gambling.

There is a vey big grey area in gambling. And its very tricky to define in a game like this.

The EU gambling laws in my opinion are indeed a grey area, something that has never been properly addressed.

TBH this event isn't completely pay 2 win in my opinion. You can be smart about firing your cannon balls and in my experience the rewards are quite generous (maybe thats because I'm on speed one). It allows players to stack up rituals like summoning of neriads which is effective for rebuilding LS nukes. And it also gives fairly rare reinforcement tokens like catapults.

But, that doesn't stop some parts of it from being obscene. The cannon prices are a bit high and there is way to much potential for smart coiners to stack up the ares rage token giving them a large advantage over others who could not get as many.

I would agree that the event is fairly generous from a rewards point of view using the free cannon balls that you can earn in game though in game activities - very generous in fact, you don't need to spend any money and can profit from a guaranteed reward with every cannonball that you fire. Absolutely fine with that, no element of gambling there whatsoever because you are not paying for the cannonballs, they are generated free through in game activities as mentioned previously. In this respect I think inno should be applauded.

The problem i have is with the 'grand prize" part of the game which in my opinion is 100% under the realms of gambling. the prizes here are highly appealing in the context of the game, particularly the Ares prizes.

The cannon ball prices are the crux of the matter here, for example - you move your ship the alloted number of spaces around the map as allowed by your number of free moves derided from your free cannon ball shots. You end up 3 spaces short of the grand prize. You are then given the option to pay an amount (not a cheap amount of money) to click on the spin of a compass wheel (risk/chance) of winning a prize, 1, 2, or 3 moves on the map, which may, or may not give you the prize that you are aiming at. No different in effect from a game of blackjack where you are holding, for example, cards to the value of 15 and you bet on the turn of another card to hit 21 or below.

My own feelings are that there should be more of an effort to raise awareness in a game played by minors now that such sums of money are being asked for to take part in these sub games within events..

1saaa

Strategos

Absolutely not, there is no financial connection to influence either the anti timer or luck, these are purely random and cannot be influenced in any way, gambling requires an amount, a chance or risk, and a prize.

If you are spending money to buy extra shots in the chance of getting (or not getting) a possible prize in the form of bonus loot in this case I would suggest yes it is definitely gambling.

The EU gambling laws in my opinion are indeed a grey area, something that has never been properly addressed.

I would agree that the event is fairly generous from a rewards point of view using the free cannon balls that you can earn in game though in game activities - very generous in fact, you don't need to spend any money and can profit from a guaranteed reward with every cannonball that you fire. Absolutely fine with that, no element of gambling there whatsoever because you are not paying for the cannonballs, they are generated free through in game activities as mentioned previously. In this respect I think inno should be applauded.

The problem i have is with the 'grand prize" part of the game which in my opinion is 100% under the realms of gambling. the prizes here are highly appealing in the context of the game, particularly the Ares prizes.

The cannon ball prices are the crux of the matter here, for example - you move your ship the alloted number of spaces around the map as allowed by your number of free moves derided from your free cannon ball shots. You end up 3 spaces short of the grand prize. You are then given the option to pay an amount (not a cheap amount of money) to click on the spin of a compass wheel (risk/chance) of winning a prize, 1, 2, or 3 moves on the map, which may, or may not give you the prize that you are aiming at. No different in effect from a game of blackjack where you are holding, for example, cards to the value of 15 and you bet on the turn of another card to hit 21 or below.

My own feelings are that there should be more of an effort to raise awareness in a game played by minors now that such sums of money are being asked for to take part in these sub games within events..

I get your points about gambling but I miss the point about minors. I dunno but i don't think that this is the kinda game that attracts young children. It doesn't really have the instant appeal that other free mobile games have. I mean after the tutorial you are waiting forever for stuff to happen. Whilst, there are definitely kids who would do that I'm willing to bet a lot more would just get bored and delete the game never to touch it again.

DeletedUser55100

doesn't mean 10 year olds, the term "Minors" equates top anyone below the legal gambling age, so in effect anybody below the age of 16 (or 18?) depending on the ruling.