Agony Aunt - Week 6!

• Thread starter Sapphire Sorrows
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Sorry guys, after the epic of last week looks like we don’t have any questions for this week :(
Send in the questions guys, I can’t answer them if they aren’t there!

Seeing as there’s nothing else we may as well go straight into….

The 7 Deadly Sin Awards!

Lust ~ The player I most want to be based on their performance in game

214v4zt.jpg

No surprises here, Maximus024 has this one again – not even his team mates can catch up! Insider scoop – the Agony Aunt now shares an isle with him too – he expands quite fast. Impressive work :)

Anger ~ The player who shows the most aggression in game

2j519a1.jpg

Maximus024 is running for most A.A. cups collected, as he bags up most aggressive player again! 94221 ABP, nice!

Sloth ~ the active member of the forum who isn’t so active in game

2qtzj1e.jpg

This one goes again to nodcrush, who is still sitting on the one city which is under 4k points. What happened? Talk was big for you and the band of misfits at the start of the server, are we on a holiday now? At least you’re not at the bottom of your alliance, and above one of your leaders.

Covetousness ~ The City I want most based on name and points

4jx7dc.jpg

Decre Ace, Which belongs to Dunzel of The Chosen Few. The smallest of his cities tis true but in a lovely location, sounds like a place in the English country side one could visit for a picnic ;)

Gluttony~ The Player who takes the most cities in game

xmss2t.jpg

It was a close one this week, Between Ellaranna and team mate Khyeo15. In the end (over a 7 day period) it was one of them with 5 conquests, the other with 4. And the winner is…..Ellaranna! While both now stand on 19 cities apiece, Ellaranna took one more city than Khyeo15 in the last 7 days! Was a close race though guys, thanks for the excitement. Hope it’s just as interesting next week!

Pride ~ The Best Alliance in Pella (My Opinion)

f53jnt.jpg

As we start to get settled in the core of Pella there’s been a definite pattern of MOS wiping the board with any possible competition. Now that core alliances are getting closer to each other there’s a bit of competition and statistically, although they hold the top spot on the battle rankings, MOS have been surpassed. Silver win the Pride cup this week, proving that they can take the most cities. With just over half the players and points of MOS, Silver have made their alliance solid and are now expanding nicely :)
Well done guys!

Envy ~ The Alliance I want to be in based on performance in game

5nw0g4.jpg

I know you guys don’t seem to feel the need to advertise for membership, but this spot is where you can skite about how awesome your alliance is. This isn’t a “recruitment” cup – this is a “nyah nyah this is a great alliance and you can’t get in” cup. :p
Apparently you guys like your alliances, but not enough to write in to A.A. and wax eloquent about them!
So this teacup is dusted, shown to you guys and put back on the shelf.

That’s all for this week my dears, please don’t forget to send in questions – or anything else for that matter. I’d love to hear from you in game or forum :)

Take Care,

~Auntie Sapphie

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Silver best alliance? please. You can't possibly judge an alliance based on cities taken. With the number of people leaving the server after getting owned by MOS, finding a big inactive city is not that much of a challenge.

Look at khyeo15 - the top player at Silver. The guy has 19 cities and only 10k ABP. This means that almost all his culture points were bought with gold. Since when do point hoarders,gold hoarders and simmers make the best alliance?

Ellaranna, Hickel, Yank and some others are good players, no questions. But you need a lot more guys and girls like them to say Silver is the best.
P.S.: there is a very high possibility that Wagon is a turtle=)

DeletedUser

Silver best alliance? please. You can't possibly judge an alliance based on cities taken. With the number of people leaving the server after getting owned by MOS, finding a big inactive city is not that much of a challenge.

Look at khyeo15 - the top player at Silver. The guy has 19 cities and only 10k ABP. This means that almost all his culture points were bought with gold. Since when do point hoarders,gold hoarders and simmers make the best alliance?

just because 1person has spent money to gain cities does not mean that is how most were aquired. most of what we have taken are not inactives or those that quit. we even took 7 cities just last night from HOW and TSL while most were online including 3from one player who was online and trying to dodge/snipe so please dont say we are gaining cities based on people quiting cause in actuality there are very few in our ocean that have quit.

oh, and thx for cups SS. love this thread and will keep reading it weekly even if we dont win any. :)

DeletedUser

just because 1person has spent money to gain cities does not mean that is how most were aquired. most of what we have taken are not inactives or those that quit. we even took 7 cities just last night from HOW and TSL while most were online including 3from one player who was online and trying to dodge/snipe so please dont say we are gaining cities based on people quiting cuase in actuality there are very few in our ocean that have quit.

well ok, good job on taking active cities from those two very strong alliances. You know, I had the opportunity to work with HOW for a very brief period of time and I was under impression that I had more troops than their entire alliance. I hope I was wrong.

When I said taking inactive cities, I was mostly talking about khyeo15 as he was mentioned in the above article as one your most 'aggressive' players. Having said that, I just checked grepostats and my suspicion turned out to be true. He is indeed a simmer with deep pockets.

DeletedUser26021

well ok, good job on taking active cities from those two very strong alliances. You know, I had the opportunity to work with HOW for a very brief period of time and I was under impression that I had more troops than their entire alliance. I hope I was wrong.

When I said taking inactive cities, I was mostly talking about khyeo15 as he was mentioned in the above article as one your most 'aggressive' players. Having said that, I just checked grepostats and my suspicion turned out to be true. He is indeed a simmer with deep pockets.

http://www.grepostats.com/world/en40/player/2988868/colonizations

I am almost as impressive.....

DeletedUser26021

Nothing, Your an impressive player. Internal conquests are the best...

DeletedUser

Nothing, Your an impressive player. Internal conquests are the best...

2 out of 10 internal. One was HaVoC's city that I tried to take, but CS travel time was too long and it got sniped, so Vol sent ninja CS and I took it off him. This is what people do in times of war with a real alliance that fights back... well you wouldn't know.

The second was internal taken off inactive player. I saw a 10k city not too close to my other cities and went for it. Problem?

DeletedUser

your right, those other 8 were hard to come by...... And your other world here checks out....http://www.grepostats.com/world/en34/player/2988868/colonizations
and yeah feel free to try and criticize me. Love to see you word yourself around that.

i looked at ur other world stats and u had internal conquests as well. What does it tell me? nothing really.
You can't even say straight whatever you are trying to say. Just man up and say it.
And why should I explain why I had internal conquests in the other world to you? I don't need to 'word myself around that'. Here: http://www.grepostats.com/world/en34/rankings/playerkills
That's what really matters.

DeletedUser26021

Well when u play for a year people start quitting and internal conquests become inevitable....I think you can piece enough together to notice I take a lot of enemy cities.
And yeah you were high in attacking? I can only assume your alliance friends who quit or left had some troops for you to kill before u conquered them. Congrats on defeating your own in-actives left over troops....who knows, maybe an enemy was conquering your in-actives when u attacked and U killed enemy troops by mistake....

i looked at ur other world stats and u had internal conquests as well. What does it tell me? nothing really.
You can't even say straight whatever you are trying to say. Just man up and say it.
And why should I explain why I had internal conquests in the other world to you? I don't need to 'word myself around that'. Here: http://www.grepostats.com/world/en34/rankings/playerkills
That's what really matters.

Sorry didn't realize you wanted me to "Man up". what i was trying to convey is that you conquer inactives and ppl from alliances ranked 43rd? Glad your on the forums though, at least there is posts to read.

sorry again, those cities u conquered were from alliances ranked 123 and 48th....

DeletedUser

Sorry guys, this is lively and fun and all but can we keep this thread for A.A. thanks?

MOS and Silver are both good alliances, And although MOS have good recruitment atm, Silver are standing strong without the player growth seen in MOS. The banter between the two alliances is good to see though, is this the next HaVoC/MOS face off? Which side will come out strongest - should that be the case!

DeletedUser

I Like To Triple Post Cause Editing Is Hard Lolz

Well when u play for a year people start quitting and internal conquests become inevitable....I think you can piece enough together to notice I take a lot of enemy cities.
And yeah you were high in attacking? I can only assume your alliance friends who quit or left had some troops for you to kill before u conquered them. Congrats on defeating your own in-actives left over troops....who knows, maybe an enemy was conquering your in-actives when u attacked and U killed enemy troops by mistake....
wow, that's good detective work Mr. Sherlock Holmes. You do realize the same thing can be said about you, right? Oh well, you are probably too smart to think so far ahead.
When you stop your Ecstasy fuled trip across the fantasy lane, you may also check out my DBP. It is pretty high. Which of course according to your logic may be explained by my inactive alliance members sending attacks at me from the underworld. Or... it could be explained by the fact that my alliance is at war with 3 ocean size alliances that are trying to move in to our ocean and are picking off our inactives and that's why I have to conquer internally before the enemy gets them. Well, of course it's just a theory. No way it could happen. All my abp and dbp must come from inactives.

Sorry guys, this is lively and fun and all but can we keep this thread for A.A. thanks?

MOS and Silver are both good alliances, And although MOS have good recruitment atm, Silver are standing strong without the player growth seen in MOS. The banter between the two alliances is good to see though, is this the next HaVoC/MOS face off? Which side will come out strongest - should that be the case!

as you can see, Silver is also picking up their recruitment. John1497 is one of their latest additions coming from the Retired and he looks like a very bright individual, very very special, in a good way of course.

Sorry didn't realize you wanted me to "Man up". what i was trying to convey is that you conquer inactives and ppl from alliances ranked 43rd? Glad your on the forums though, at least there is posts to read.

sorry again, those cities u conquered were from alliances ranked 123 and 48th....

where did u get those numbers? There are also alliances ranked 4th and 1st in my conquest list. Does it make me look like a better player?=)

DeletedUser

not sure if im missing it and if i am sorry, but i dont see anywhere in the above post that says khyeo15 is agreesive,
also as far as HOW having troops... seeing as I pretty well only hit those 2 alliances and have the 3rd highest abp they must have some.

and for the rest of the bickering thats been going on in this thread between our alliances that SS has asked us to stop. I have to agree with her. There is no reason for it. We are not enemies and shouldnt be criticizing how each other choose to play. only reason I commented is cause tyrone made a false statemant about us probably without even checking where our city caps have come from and wanted to correct it.

DeletedUser

Pride ~ The Best Alliance in Pella (My Opinion)

Says it all boys. No point in arguing. Besides, its not the Stanley Cup being handed out here. So try not getting so upset that you didn't win it.

Props again Sapphire, enjoy reading this every week. Hope Maximus is being a good neighbour to you :p

DeletedUser

I think it's fair that Silver has won this weeks pride cup. I don't really understand why Tyrone is making a issue out of it.
Yes, we are dealing with a weak enemy but is MoS taking down any big beasts at this moment?
Define 'best' alliance. Is it biggest alliance? I dont thnk so. I could fit 'best' alliance with the alliance that has made most progress this week. Won a hard war or perhaps had a great merge. Silver isn't doing any of those but i'm just saying.

Honestly, even though MOS still took more cities this week than Silver (http://www.grepostats.com/world/en40/alliance_achievements/colonizewin?days=7), it wouldn't have been interesting if you named MOS again, lol.

Silver is doing a good job and deserves to be called the alliance of the week, but don't say they took more cities, cause they didn't. And yes, good thread - keep it going. =D

Thanks for recognizing. :)
Just wanted to add something about those numbers. http://www.grepostats.com/world/en40/alliance_achievements/colonizelose
You've not only taken most city's but also lost most, Silver isn't even in the list.
Cummulate those and we have a better picture.
I'll let you make a conclusion yourself :)

DeletedUser

I think it's fair that Silver has won this weeks pride cup. I don't really understand why Tyrone is making a issue out of it.
Yes, we are dealing with a weak enemy but is MoS taking down any big beasts at this moment?
Define 'best' alliance. Is it biggest alliance? I dont thnk so. I could fit 'best' alliance with the alliance that has made most progress this week. Won a hard war or perhaps had a great merge. Silver isn't doing any of those but i'm just saying.

Thanks for recognizing. :)
Just wanted to add something about those numbers. http://www.grepostats.com/world/en40/alliance_achievements/colonizelose
You've not only taken most city's but also lost most, Silver isn't even in the list.
Cummulate those and we have a better picture.
I'll let you make a conclusion yourself :)

What do you want me to say? That I agree with Silver being the best alliance? I disagree. You need more than some opinion and made up stats to convince me. You ask what makes alliance the best? It's aggression. We can debate all day long who took how many cities and from whom and subtract internal conquests and what not, but in the end of the day ABP is more important.
Remember when HaVoC was at the top and threatening to eliminate Silver? My opinion about Silver changed when they decided to avoid the fight. They were very capable of standing up to them, but chose not to. I don't want to sound cliché, but everyone knows what you need to do to become the best.
If Ellaranna thinks I'm lying and spreading false rumours about her alliance, feel free to present your side of the story.

DeletedUser

I'm just trying to say that giving this cup to Silver instead of MOS this week isn't such a ridiculous thing as you make it sound.
Let's not argue we both have our opinions and I respect yours, thanks for explaining your opinion.