Agony Aunt - Week 7!

DeletedUser

Lucky Number 7! We’ve done great so far, thank you for your support – this is the longest running Agony Aunt to date in any world! You’ve been great so far my dears :)
Let’s hook right into this, and check out our questions!

Dear AA,

I see a lot of people struggling to get some decent ABP.
Do you have any suggestions on getting more ABP?

Best regards,
Mr Aggression.

Dear Mr Aggression,

I have noticed that week after week it is the same people at the top of the ABP charts. Besides leading from their example, there are a couple tips that I would offer.

1) Attack the nearest brown city to you. If it’s not green, it’s a target – vent that frustration. See an attack coming into one of your cities? Send your attack force off to fight a brown nearby so you get ABP as well as DBP.
2) If you are surrounded by allies (it’s a little early to be completely in this situation, but for when it is time) there’s a nifty trick you can do. Send support to a ghost city – spare troops like swords or archers you don’t need as you are safe with allies about – and attack your support in these towns. It’s not much mind, but you do get ABP – you won’t get DBP for sending support there though.

I hope that people find these tips useful and they pick up in practise. Failing all else – start a war! Just make sure you have the troops to back up your talk ;)
I suggest you do not attack with Biremes.

~Auntie Sapphie

Dear Agony Aunt.

I am big in the farming community of Pella and I've noticed a growing demand for barley. Yet some how all my farms in every city only want to grow wheat? Do you have any advice for how I can make my farmer underlings change their crops from wheat to barley?

Fussy Farmer.

Dear Fussy Farmer,

There is a growing demand for Barely at the moment; it may be because with the advances of medicine in 2.0 Grepolis, we have discovered that a lot of soldiers have been weaker due to a reaction to Gluten. However just saying this and explaining it with charts and real life demonstrations does not effect the farmers of today’s Grepolis, they come from a background of “what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger”.
The only way to be sure to change your crops would be through doing it yourself. It’s a lot of hard work but through the academy you can learn helpful skills, and instead of taking the years it used to – only 12 or so hours and you have the knowledge. The advances of today help us farm better for tomorrow.
I would suggest that you do not buy fertiliser from Anonymous though. It’s not the best for growing crops you intend to eat.

~Auntie Sapphie

The 7 Deadly Sin Awards!

Lust ~ The player I most want to be based on their performance in game

214v4zt.jpg

This week the cup goes to….Seraphios! Here’s why - #1 in my ocean, member of the Elite Ones. There’s been a lot of work on this player, who has fought against The Chosen Few and Mors Omnia Solvit. In the last 72 hours there have been 3CS attempts, and the DBP count is quite impressive. While there are only 10 cities to his name, those cities are under constant attack. Got to love the survivors!

Anger ~ the player who shows the most aggression in game

2j519a1.jpg

The top 5 line up may have some new additions from the 303 Squadron, but Maximus024 still holds top spot. He must be on a diet of cute kittens and children’s dream because he’s unstoppable! 122,123ABP, whatever he’s doing he is doing it right!

Sloth ~ the active member of the forum who isn’t so active in game

2qtzj1e.jpg

MetalCore. He’s super active on our forum – but not a single action in game!
(Yes, he’s our mod therefore not allowed to play in game. I know this. This is a joke. Now you can laugh.)

Covetousness ~ The City I want most based on name and points

4jx7dc.jpg

Animal Crackers, which belongs to Michalus of The Nights Watch. I actually wanted this city. My friends and I attacked this city. But my CS was not yet launched when this delicious ghost – once called Violet – was taken.

Gluttony~ The Player who takes the most cities in game

xmss2t.jpg

khyeo15 of Silver slipped in front of Ellaranna to take this cup this week – 23 cities is quite the achievement, well done!

Pride ~ The Best Alliance in Pella (My Opinion)

f53jnt.jpg

While it cannot be denied that MOS are a strong alliance with high rankings and many more points than those just down in the rankings, if we look at 303 Squadron, we see 11 players whose player average is 57,109 – more than MOS who have 55,993. When we look closer we see that all of them have founders rights – a group of trusting people indeed. An alliance to keep an eye on, particularly their bigger members.

Envy ~ The Alliance I want to be in based on performance in game

5nw0g4.jpg

Legend of Beletorres. Because Bacon is good.

Thanks for tuning in to another week of Agony Aunt – please don’t leave questions until last minute, send them in! Don’t be scared to mail me in game either, I love a good chat :)

~Auntie Sapphie

DeletedUser

I agree about 303 being really impressive, most impressive thing about them is their abp. Pretty ridicoulus for only 11 members.

DeletedUser

great again SS. hope you keep this going as i really enjoy reading it.

DeletedUser

While it cannot be denied that MOS are a strong alliance with high rankings and many more points than those just down in the rankings, if we look at 303 Squadron, we see 11 players whose player average is 57,109 – more than MOS who have 55,993. When we look closer we see that all of them have founders rights – a group of trusting people indeed. An alliance to keep an eye on, particularly their bigger members.

~Auntie Sapphie

I agree that 303 certainly look good, but yet again I have to question the math behind your conclusion. Are you saying 11 players whose player average is 57,109 are more impressive than 73 players with 55,993 average?
picture of bender
P.S.: Mr Aggression is Max, right?
Right???

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I agree that 303 certainly look good, but yet again I have to question the math behind your conclusion. Are you saying 11 players whose player average is 57,109 are more impressive than 73 players with 55,993 average?
robot_roundup_07.jpg
P.S.: Mr Aggression is Max, right?
Right???
You may be correct that their average is not more impressive, but their abp per member certainly is, they have roughly 1/4 of your guys abp but with 1/7 of the members. Don't get so offended when she gives a shout out to other alliances. You guys may be the best alliance on the server, but are certainly not the only good one, I have seen far more dominant alliances in early stages of the server such as Permenant Ban on corinth.

DeletedUser

All questions posted are made anonymous, but i can give you the truth about Mr Aggression....It's not Max. He's just aggressive.

Thanks for the support :)

DeletedUser2663

Stay ontopic. Above posts made to reason out why an alliance got a certain award are good to see and are ontopic. posts about questions asked are ok. Pointless posts with no relevance to this thread are not ok and will be deleted.

DeletedUser

Nice work on the cup once again Max, can anyone challemge him?? I totally agree with the sloth cup ;) Sorry Metal!

DeletedUser

In regards to 303, have some information to share about them. They are Polish, very active pre-made alliance and play very aggressive as many have noticed. Also an interesting fact: their top guys are serious coiners and I mean pay-inno-salary type of coiners that spend gold on troops. Just saw intel on a town their guy took 24 hr ago, already has a slinger nuke built. When they attack, they all attack at once, so they are a strong force with no dead weight - a dream of many alliance leaders that want to be top dogs. Wish I was loaded financially as these guys, would probably look like a pro as well.

P.S. Hope my post doesn't get deleted unless 'on topic' means only generic posts like good job.

DeletedUser

I say if they can pay for inno's salaries then let them, a business needs to be profitable and if they can make money off of them let them. If 303 is willing to pay for it that is not my problem and they should have the advantage because they fund the game that we all take advantage of. All I will say is good job 303 for being such an active, financially stable, uncooperative, :p well run alliance. Also, being loaded does not always make a player good, they have to be active and able to time attacks well, money helps, but it won't make up for not being able to attack or be on.

DeletedUser

Hey Max, thanks - hope you don't mind me outing your eating habits!

DeletedUser

Na ur cools i dont mind at all im happy as long as i got people to kill

DeletedUser

Fantastic - i guess nobody wants to beat you either - are you planning on using your shelf of A.A. cups in your next attack? ;)

DeletedUser1483

I have to do the respective thing of they ran away to Silver, blah blah, bunch of pansy flowers in the end, blah blah, 11 players with a slightly higher average point count isnt as good as 73 players with an only slightly lower count, blah blah. And they fact I think it's disgusting how much gold they use. I would actually point blank leave MOS if that was the case with us. (blah blah)

I like reading this every week and it's nice to see somebody active in the forums. :) so well done once again SS. Thanks.

Chris