Pnp Alex's Last Words for Interlude

• Thread starter DeletedUser53868
  • Start date

DeletedUser52759

Precisely Bell, World Wonders is nothing more than a chess game the current way its designed. You make wrong moves, you make smart moves and hope that you make more of the later than the former. Technically, It was a close race won by mere hours.

You say chess game like it's a bad thing...

There's one other thing that comes out right now, and I think dbd got it although it didn't work, if you've been trading punches with the guys across from you, and you've come t respect them, perhaps that's the best merge.

DeletedUser28198

Honestly Chess has a more war-based victory than this. You fight it out strategically. I never had to send millions of resources to build my chess pieces.

The single argument for not changing world wonders is this: Inno will probably make it something worse, and you will probably have to send gold to whatever that new thing is.

I wish we could go back to Grepo how it was in 2012, maybe change WW's while we're at it. Loved those years of this game intimately =,(

Ranga1

Strategos
I'm sorry but everyone who is crying about people playing a different way and not going for all out war is a joke. take a good hard look at yourself and that amount of salt coming out of you. Everyone has different ways of attacking, defending, winning wonders.

Yea, come on guys, why cant you respect this play? Especially this guy! I mean what's wrong with pacting everyone around you, fighting small alliances or alliances who others are already fighting, then one month before WW starts abandon 50 or so players from the alliance you lead so you can fight even less and just send resources and get a prize for yourself? Surely that's a respectable game play right????

DeletedUser54574

Its best you stick to what you know Ranga. TOR was filled with inactives when Yeti joined HH. He left purgatory not an alliance.

Ranga1

Strategos
Everyone is filled with inactives in this world, amazing how many people go "inactive" once attacked. But the actual number of them is superfluous, he left many good fighters for personal glory. Personally I despise those types of players, but then again I play grepo for the fighting not the simming, ill leave that for players like angry yeti :D

TromboneTom

Strategos
Everyone is filled with inactives in this world, amazing how many people go "inactive" once attacked. But the actual number of them is superfluous, he left many good fighters for personal glory. Personally I despise those types of players, but then again I play grepo for the fighting not the simming, ill leave that for players like angry yeti :D
Not when you have 7 alliances filling one :D

DeletedUser18039

but then again I play grepo for the fighting not the simming, ill leave that for players like angry yeti :D

lol... lots of "fighting" out there in 75 Ranga1? Generally we call nibbling on little rim simmers a form of simming-plus if you know what I mean...

Ranga1

Strategos
All we can do is hit the attack button, something that cant be said for most of the 784 "feeders" you have allied to you.....I got sick of playing in mass coalitions so I started on the rim here, something I remember you complaining about in your last world...yet here you are in one big alliance yet again...

DeletedUser18039

I started this world in a feisty little gang (of mainly newbs) that fought 24 hours a day taking on EPI's big mean machine... just before we disappeared we leapt to Transients to carry on the fight against EPI... the northern alliance with what became the many many Horse alliances were just there the whole time and never interested those of us on the pointy end... when EPI merged into NSD we hooked up with HH....

And you're right... I don't like these mega-coalitions but where ya gonna go to find a game without one? we never fought together with Horse I- IV and we never really did much in conjunction with HH either so because I missed over a month on VM due to RL I spent the game playing in ONE alliance fighting ONE alliance and picking up the occasional city from Nocturnos, an alliance that people appear to respect and which never played the game at all from my perspective...

As to all the overblown stuff about how many feeders we have, we have 75 players and a few of us got good res support from a few guys out there... no more or less than anyone else... we're taking this because of clever strategy and a madman Favor Factory built and operated by EXO and the PIG...

Ranga1

Strategos
Do what i did and leave, then join with a couple of mates somewhere else and kill everything lol but i do agree you guys made the right moves at right time, I'm still trying to work out why nsd were so focused on being the two alliances who had no chance of getting to 4 first...or maybe it wouldnt have mattered anyway. So kudos to whoever was actually making the calls during ww time

DeletedUser54146

All we can do is hit the attack button
Yeah, and kill of your troops while doing it? Your city Ranga Won seems like a huge loss on your part. How many troops/myth nukes did you lose to get it?( btw, thx for my next city :) )

Ranga1

Strategos
Volzaac lol what else are troops meant for if not to die?? I lost a few nukes, duguid got a well placed snipe, kudos to him for that. All those troops are all rebuilt and I continue to take enemy cities, meanwhile you thank me for your next city which you are still yet to take, so are you really that thankful??

Ranga1

Strategos
playing a different way and not going for all out war is a joke.

I guess your way is to vanish when under attack??

amazing how many people go "inactive" once attacked.

Up in here posting away like he knows what he is talking about, then all of a sudden we hit the attack button and poof, just like magic he is gone, no where do be seen with any defense....I wonder what excuse we (if any) there will be

http://grepointel.com/track.php?server=en92&pn=AngryYeti&rt=conquest

DeletedUser54146

There is a difference between suicide and losing troops. That was just suicide. It is surprising that your cities did not revolt on you.

Ranga1

Strategos
Suicide? I think you need to ask your school teachers the meaning of that word...

Last edited:

DeletedUser54054

Congratz to IO. They had the best end game, end of story.

You can discuss back and forth if its deserved or not but as long as they are within the rules i guess you can call it deserved.

But playing the game as it was intended i must give credit to EPI (and to a certain extent DBD,NSD). For the latter stages of the game EPI were under constant attack but still managed to keep somewhat on the offensive as well. At some point i think they had almost double the amount of bp as number two. We were having a blast and i for one would not have it any other way, crown or no crown.

Losing here is no loss for me personally, but a mayor loss for Grepolis as a game. I acknowledge people have different ideas on how this game is to be played but speaking on the behalf of many "old school" grepo players i think some major overhauling is due to bring the game back on track to its former glory as a 90/10 war game and not visa verca.

Just my two cents....Once again congratz to IO! You guys did what needed to be done, nothing more nothing less.

All the best
Tom aka Lonestar75

DeletedUser54576

Course you would say that they deserve it, you were one of the feeders :confused:
I am just a newbie....I don't know much of Grepolis but I would say just like any war game people always deserve when they win. In many other games...one guy wins and the rest say he was lucky and all...but that's just for their own consolation. But arguably, liked the way EPI stayed offensive even when they were attacked and put on the defensive...DBD too showed grit and determination...KUDOS to you
smiley_emoticons_thumbs-up_new.gif

DeletedUser18039

careful mannedrake. your starting to sound honest. your feeders did you proud.

I'm always honest sean... I can't speak for anyone else but I got very little res from anyone ... I sent out 3 or 4 MMs to my former alliance asking for res and each time maybe 4 or 5 people over 12 hours sent a bit... others were more organized about it but it didn't do much for them... as the tenth largest player in IO I wound up donating the 10th most res... you do the math if you can... the feeders were not the story... but, you know, that wouldn't make you feel any better about your bunch so can't be "true" in the age of alternate facts...

DeletedUser48254

Firstly congrats to Interlude on your victory. Secondly thanks to all the players who stuck out this server, it was a tough slog at times (or that was my experience anyway) and I think that many players stayed on out of loyalty to one an other and for me at least kept things interesting. It shows at least a good community still here within grepo. As someone posted above there were no massive issues with spies or traitors here and the only complaints at the end are of how it was won. Seeing as this seems to be an inbuilt conclusion to the game I think it was all in all a pretty good server. The end game is most definitely going to continue generating these feelings of annoyance and unfairness because of what it is. Unfortunately as I don't believe Inno has the programmers or inclination to spend money on overhauling the system this won't change anytime soon. The 'cuddling' and MRA factor that is so lamented and criticized is more a result of the worry that if your alliance doesn't do it and others do you will lose and for a leader who feels responsible for his or her alliance mates that is tough. The way around this of everyone agreeing to no pacts/cuddles/merges is as inplausable as everyone agreeing to not buy gold on a server so it will unfortunately continue. So when it comes to Interlude I again say congratulations and don't hate the playa, hate the end game.
All this said I believe I have to learn to enjoy the period before ww starts (have to say DBD was a very enjoyable and fun alliance to be in) or simply find a new game. Thanks again to all who have stuck it out so far and hopefully we get to squeeze in a little bit more fighting and fun before the server is abandoned.