All reland Hurling Championship 2015

• Thread starter DeletedUser49162
  • Start date

DeletedUser49162

For all you interested people out there the hurling season has started. First match was Clare vs Limerick. Clare lost by a point. Both teams played a man down after 2 red cards. Serious questions are now being asked about Clare manager Davy Fitzgerald as Clare have only won 1 out of 11 competitive matches since their Championship win in 2013 despite being one of the countries best teams.
Second match Galway vs Dublin. After a tight game which seemed like Dublin was going to win Galway got a last minute point to bring about a draw. There will now be a replay

DeletedUser49162

Thread name should be - All Ireland - my i key is a bit wonky

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser49162

Well Galway annhilated Dublin in the replay. Dublin will be very disapointed as they were tipped to win.This puts Galway into the Leinster hurling semi final while Dublin are now on the qualifier route with Clare and Cork(talk about them in amoment). Galway got an early advantage witha a few goals and whle the Dubs had a small comeback Galway put them to bed with another goal.
Waterford managed to see off a determined Cork In the Munster Semi Final to go through to the Munster final against either Limerick or Tipperary.. Waterford had a bad start and Cork were ahead for most of the first half but then 2 goals and a few points from Waterford put them ahead by a few points at the half time whistle. They led for the rest of the second half and the game was over when Cork got a red card and had to play a man down which helped to lead to another Waterford goal to make sure Cork had no hope. Cork are now also going down the quaifier route.This now leaves Cork Dublin and Clare in the qualifiers all hoping to make the All Ireland through the backdoor. These are big teams and none will go down without a fight

DeletedUser49162

Well a lot more happened but I really could not be bothered sincce I dont think anyone other than me is actually interested in the beautiful to watch gaelic game. Really everyone should look it up it is brilliant

DeletedUser46838

According to my data, hurling an Irish game that is similar to "hockey" and it started somewhere in the 2nd century BC.
Each team has 15 players and the objective is to use a stick to get the ball into one of the goalposts
There are many notable leagues in hurling but one of the most notable ones are the National Hurling League.

^That's all I've written in my data book.

DeletedUser

There is a reference from Irish verbal history of hurling as far back as the 1200 B.C being played in Tara co Meath. Hurling is related to the games of shinty that is played primarily in Scotland, cammag on the Isle of Man and bandy that was played formerly in Cornwall and Wales. The tale of the Táin Bó Cuailgne (drawing on earlier legends) describes the hero Cúchulainn playing hurling at Emain Macha. Similar tales are told about Fionn Mac Cumhail and though there have been some big men since none have matched those two legends of the past :)

DeletedUser49162

As a Clare supporter (by the way we are out now) I have to say Tony Kelly could be better. Did any of ye actually go and watch a game after reading this??

DeletedUser

I don't think it's broadcast where I live but I did google some clips a while back :D This sport would break my body :p

DeletedUser30490

I watched in on tensports or some other channel once,and damn I thought rugger was hardcore lol

DeletedUser49162

We are now on semi final stage after yesterdays qualifiers. So we are down to Kilkenny v Waterford and Tipperary v Galway.