Inactive Topic Alliance and Messaging Tutorials

DeletedUser

Proposal:
I figure a lot more players would stay if they knew how to communicate with other players. Sadly this is not the case but with a simple guide it could be.

Have you Checked the 'Do not suggest list/previously suggested ideas' in the 'Archive'
No, but I've checked a lot of threads and non are like this

Reason:
I think most people leave because they are bored or can't figure out the specifics of the game, tutorials like these would put more people in alliances and allow them to communicate with other members properly.

Details:
It's just 2 simple guides for the messaging system and Alliance's/Alliance Forum, after you had done some building a message would come up asking if you want to talk to the player next to you then it would take you through messaging. And after you accept an invite from or create an alliance the alliance tutorial will come up taking you through the basics of the forum and the alliance overview.

Messaging Tutorial:

Alliance Tutorial:

Visual Aids:
Awesome-1.png

Balance:
There will be no impact on other game features

Abuse Prevention:
Nothing I can see here

Summary:
I think this will keep a lot more players and will allow Grepolis to grow and become more exciting

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The idea behind this is good, implementing it would be anything but easy.

Having started several worlds, I often find myself wanting a "Give me 6 swordsmen then bugger off and let me play" button on the tutorial. I have yet to complete the farming tutorial. Adding more could be a distraction from the actual game.

Then we get to the more challenging part. Telling people how to make friends with their neighbours. Those that joined the game to meet new people could be easily offended by such rudimentary social skills being spelled out to them. Then there is the many players that join war games because they want to escape social pressures by hiding behind a computer. These people don't want to chat to their neighbours, they want to kill them!

A lot of people would do well to be reminded to get to know their neighbours. It is the very thing I suggest when people ask about joining alliances. Then again, just as many wouldn't like being told.

DeletedUser

The idea behind this is good, implementing it would be anything but easy.

Having started several worlds, I often find myself wanting a "Give me 6 swordsmen then bugger off and let me play" button on the tutorial. I have yet to complete the farming tutorial. Adding more could be a distraction from the actual game.

Then we get to the more challenging part. Telling people how to make friends with their neighbours. Those that joined the game to meet new people could be easily offended by such rudimentary social skills being spelled out to them. Then there is the many players that join war games because they want to escape social pressures by hiding behind a computer. These people don't want to chat to their neighbours, they want to kill them!

A lot of people would do well to be reminded to get to know their neighbours. It is the very thing I suggest when people ask about joining alliances. Then again, just as many wouldn't like being told.

There could always be the option of disabling it.

DeletedUser

meh . . . more tutorials in my opinion are needed for various things . . . ingame alliance forums, external forums, the temple, etc

but in order for a tutorial to be successful it has to be interactive . . . making a "slideshow" of the alliance forum and messaging is only going to go so far . . . they would have to make it more interactive which would be a good idea if the player is forging there own alliance (for the first time) but if they are invited into one i dont see how useful a bunch of info would be without being a step by step interactive one

dont get me wrong its a solid idea, but it would definitely need more details

DeletedUser

I see nothing wrong with helping people. I favor this

DeletedUser31385

This idea is eligible for a re-vote. Please continue discussion.

DeletedUser

I have only been playing for a couple of months but the amount of players who struggle with messaging and using alliance forums is quite high in the lower ranks,I think even a small tutorial would improve some players hugely and everybodys game would be more enjoyable. A skip button option would be sufficient for more experienced players surely .