Passed Alliance BP Measures

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser809

Makes a lot of sense. I think there would also be a lot of value in being able to compare the historical bp and the cumulative bp of alliances as well.

DeletedUser

thanks for the necro gadzooks, i'd pretty much forgotten about this one :p

maybe if we're lucky this will go to a vote at some stage.

DeletedUser19554

I'm halfway on this i think it needs to be split half and half. Half of a players bp in there former alliance stays with them for the new one the other half stays with previous alliance

DeletedUser31931

Its a good idea, but a bit complicated, a lot of coding for not too much benefit.

DeletedUser

Its a good idea, but a bit complicated, a lot of coding for not too much benefit.

There is no much difference from "Average Points" column in "Alliances" tabs of Rankings. Actually, even algorithm is the same. Don't think that it will be that difficult add the same "average" column in Alliance ABPs/DBPs/BPs (Attackers/Defenders/Fighters) tabs. And also Overall Points calculation is also implemented for City Points...

And concerning "not too much benefit" - imagine, Overal City Points would be calculated the same way like Battle Points Overalls are calculated now. When player gone from alliance already long time ago - but his City Points are still assigned to the alliance. It would be messy, right?
The same mess is with current Alliance BPs calculations...

DeletedUser28137

I do not like this idea because it takes away the whole team part of an alliance. Instead of saying hey this alliance has been a great fighter and got x amount of BP, you want to make it "All of the members in this alliance have combined for x amount of BP." Its a dumb idea.

DeletedUser42043

Instead of having it as a replacement for the current way it is calculated why not have it as an added extra?
Perhaps have it so that there is one TAB for "Alliance ABP" ie the ones gained by people as part of that alliance and a second one showing the "Members ABP" ie the total BP of all members of that alliance.

Agreed. The way it is currently can also be useful from time to time.

But this indeed is a good idea: for example, in my current world (Thebes) my alliance's ABP ranking is 5th, though since we'd all moved from one alliance to another, in reality we would be closer to 3rd

Same goes for a couple other top ranking alliances in my world, and this amendment could address such issues easily :)

Status
Not open for further replies.