Top 12 Alliance Discussion

DeletedUser

No need to drop to a level where you put yourself on a pedistal and talk to others as if they are below you.
I believe this is exactly what all of PB does, I know you aren't in PB btw. Just saying I understand Bummers frustration a bit.

DeletedUser12667

I believe this is exactly what all of PB does, I know you aren't in PB btw. Just saying I understand Bummers frustration a bit.

Huh, I would have not guessed such from my PB mates. And actually I am in PB, just not as hilop. And my PB mates I am close to I dont see them as ones who resort to behavior you are refering to. So I know one PB who shows others respect (myself) and I will vouch for quite a few others as well. But feel free to let one bad apple ruin the bunch. But honestly, you find what PB does as frustrating, so you are willing to support a non-PB member choosing to use the same type attitude that we find repulsive when PB does it. How do you justify that? Wrong is wrong, no matter what the reason:eek:

In between me being to lazy to look at all the posts and RL also taking my time, I will not search for when PB members take the low road. And for the PB'ers who take the low road, shame on them. Lets thank the ones who are not PB for giving us reason to play. I am sure that my fellow PB mates can find positive remarks to say about those who are not PB. And if it will be helpful I will gladly make a thread with one positive statement on every alliance in Cornith, and ask others to do the same.

We all may be on different teams, but we all are here for similar reasons. And if it was not for players in enemy alliances then grepo would just be sim city. So why hate someone who gives you a reason to play. Not to mention, why hate someone. I find that no matter how repulsive I find ones actions, there is something about that person I can appreciate. I just have to be willing to look past the actions I disagree with and focus on what I do agree with. And I know I have stated this numerous times, but isnt it better to see the good in something than the bad? Or maybe it is just me who likes to be happy:eek:

DeletedUser

You're right, I was a bit salty that night, and let the endless condescension and hypocrisy get to me.

I never said that behavior is exhibited by ALL members of PB, but you have to admit it's quite evident in many (especially those that have quit and have only what used to be to refer back to). I have respect for several PB members (some I used to be allied with, am still cordial with, and would be friends with were we not constantly trying to take each others' cities, lol).

DeletedUser14937

I can not see anything more sad and pathetic then Syndicate players coming here to thinking they have actually pulled off a massive victory LOL. Waiting until other alliance players start quitting and simming until they actually start "war" then claim victory because YAY all their active players are "kicking " against 5-10 barely actives. TS are like vultures, doing nothing but flying around aimlessly till they find a dead target then going in to take whatever is left. Not a single alliance managed to beat PB, time killed PB because unlike the rest of the noobs out there, we get bored when there is nothing to do and leave. The fun the TSimmers is to aimlessly run festivals and have colony ships ready for all those inactives to appear.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser14937

Wouldn't know ;) never had the chance to war them before going into sim mode. But I am planning on taking one of their cities shortly as like lets say my final act on Cornith? :p

DeletedUser

I can not see anything more sad and pathetic then Syndicate players coming here to thinking they have actually pulled off a massive victory LOL. Waiting until other alliance players start quitting and simming until they actually start "war" then claim victory because YAY all their active players are "kicking " against 5-10 barely actives. TS are like vultures, doing nothing but flying around aimlessly till they find a dead target then going in to take whatever is left. Not a single alliance managed to beat PB, time killed PB because unlike the rest of the noobs out there, we get bored when there is nothing to do and leave. The fun the TSimmers is to aimlessly run festivals and have colony ships ready for all those inactives to appear.

Absolute rubbish..

PB ran out of time yes..They peaked way, way too early. In fact they played the game like a sprint being one of the 1st MRA's on the server and quickly notching up the member rate and telling them to get ABP's against other small time alliances/members(acting like Vultures) and then they sat at the top of the rankings way early in the game whilst alliances like TVG, TA, LoA, The unknown were building on the rim. Guess what? The alliance that "thought" they could own Corinth without pacts the Rim grew and caught up with them(nothing wrong with starting the game in another ocean). And are now acting yes, like the vultures and swallowing PB up. And that "single" alliance to beat PB will be The Sindicate...Did anyone beat PB early in the game? It dosnt matter because very early in the game Gold wins...Later it comes down to the strategy.

DeletedUser

Hilop look at Icybers comment here and in the top 12 best of corinth thread, whatever its called. That is exactly what I mean by the PB players being condescending and talking down to others. They don't want to build the wonders fine, no need to talk down to everyone else for putting themself in a position to "win" the world with the standards set forth by the creators of the game. Our players did not create the winning/end game for this game. We have just adjusted appropriately and put ourselves in the best position to win by the standards of the game. I understand some players do not like wonders and the end game, I completely understand why as well. No reason to bash on others though for wanting to win by those standards. If you don't want to play that way and build the wonders, that is fine, move on though. No reason to sit here and trash the rest of the server for not thinking the same as you.

DeletedUser14937

Hilop look at Icybers comment here and in the top 12 best of corinth thread, whatever its called. That is exactly what I mean by the PB players being condescending and talking down to others.

Not really I generally enjoy "talking down to others" and has very little to do with PB ;) Apparently people have described it as me being immature, I say it is their lack of a fun attitude and funny how you refer to the "rest of the server" who don't think the same as us. Seems to me the only people who want WW are TSimmers, the real rest of the server seems to be thinking the same way we are ;)!

Not sure why you want to be a hypocrite though, TS has some of the biggest egos in alllllllllllllllllllllll of cornith haha, silly noobs that think they are great because they're in the biggest bestest prettiest colorful alliance there is YAY! I can only imagine what those people will think of themselves once they have that useless crown next to their name and a certificate to hang on their bedroom wall.

DeletedUser12667

Hilop look at Icybers comment here and in the top 12 best of corinth thread, whatever its called. That is exactly what I mean by the PB players being condescending and talking down to others. They don't want to build the wonders fine, no need to talk down to everyone else for putting themself in a position to "win" the world with the standards set forth by the creators of the game. Our players did not create the winning/end game for this game. We have just adjusted appropriately and put ourselves in the best position to win by the standards of the game. I understand some players do not like wonders and the end game, I completely understand why as well. No reason to bash on others though for wanting to win by those standards. If you don't want to play that way and build the wonders, that is fine, move on though. No reason to sit here and trash the rest of the server for not thinking the same as you.

Umm, I may be missing the personal insults towards other players in his posts. Yes he is trash talking, but I dont see any insults towards actual players there. Calling others noobs is not an insult anymore, and Icyb will agree with me that he is surely the true KING NOOB. And he is 100% correct on time killing PB, and add soc's departure it is a double whammy on PB. All I honestly see in his post is pointing out the stats of the world.

I see also the explo dude putting PB down. But you dont have an opinion on that:/

Fact is, banter and trash talk is fun when it isnt personally insulting or vulgar. If a player wants to point out how PB did whatever and do so without saying things like such and such is a mommas boy, or dude only wins cause he is a potato head that has no life (I edited the insults so I wouldnt get a repromand for my language) then that is awesome.

And now that I think of it, back a couple yrs you could type a bad word while using %*@ to edit out a few letters and it was all good. Now you type anything close to a bad word and you get a warning msg. I wonder if that is the result of so many posts on the externals that are super negative, or insulting others. What happened to players being cival to the enemy? Grepo has evolved, but is evolution of grepo for the good?

DeletedUser

In what world is this not a personal insult Hilop? If you don't consider this a personal insult then your opinion becomes irrelevant to me. Shame as you are one of the few PB players I have seen post that doesn't put yourself on a pedestal.

Went from sending us crazy messages and proving to us all that you are on pills (maybe a straight jacket as well) - Cyber referring to Detria

Both sides have people like this sure, difference is PB pretends they don't. I will admit we have players with egos. I am sure PB wont. BTW biggest ego on corinth is in neither PB nor TS. Sorry Snoops, but Adasko easily beats you out for biggest ego. I agree about banter and trash talk being fun. Learn how to take it as well as you dish it out though, PB talks trash non stop and you see it as ok, bummer comes on here and says a few things and all of a sudden its terrible and hes a mean person throwing out insults. The hypocrisy is amazing.

and this...

silly noobs that think they are great because they're in the biggest bestest prettiest colorful alliance there is YAY! I can only imagine what those people will think of themselves once they have that useless crown next to their name and a certificate to hang on their bedroom wall.

regardless if this is insulting or not it is still putting yourself on a pedastal and I think is the view held by many in PB not just icyber. Anyway done talking to you on this subject as you clearly do not want to see both sides.

DeletedUser22252

wow...some ppl take this very serious and way too personal..;)

DeletedUser12667

If you don't consider this a personal insult then your opinion becomes irrelevant to me.

Well I will just say this, and I will not say anymore about this subject. If you look at bummers post he is actually insulting a particular player where I see cyb's post moreso as an observation of alliance strategies, with a little ego included. And bummer also said he did go a little overboard, which I give total respect to him for his willingness to say he was wrong. Not many are willing to admit that they are wrong and try to put it on someone else.

I see what you are talking about now though about the pedistal. And I guess I phrased my statement incorrectly when I made it. I am clearly not up to speed on the cornith externals as far as who has said what. So maybe the overall situation here does make cyb's post insulting. I cant say, and I am not gonna take the time to look and see because I prefer to focus on positive happy times:) So maybe I should have kept my opinion to myself since I dont know the whole story.

Anyway done talking to you on this subject as you clearly do not want to see both sides.

Cool, we need to change focus to something a little more on the fun side.

Are you a member of the sindicate? I just looked at their profile and the pic gave me a chuckle:D LOL actually I still have a smile on my face picturing it. I like to see alliances and players have profile pics that are along that style.

DeletedUser26213

bend, snoops's posts are actually entertaining, bummer just came online and had a drunken rant.

DeletedUser

Maybe some found bummers post entertaining? Entertaining is to be decided from who ever is reading it. You see a drunken rant, I see entertainment.

DeletedUser

That was aweful!....PB ruled first but couldn't make it to the last.