Top 12 Alliance Discussion

Lugosi

Strategos
With the 2.16 update, new year and our ever evolving alliance ranks I thought it would be good to get peoples views on our current top 12. In addition I thought it would be relevant to discuss the World Wonder rankings; it is a new feature in our world and should be an abundant source of discussion.

2ivboch.jpg

3. Dragon Slayers 39455661
  4. Hunters Moon Alliance 10872534
  5. Event Horizon 23195353
  6. The Forgotten Legion 19318413
  7. Unified Crusaders 7433883
  8. Wake of the Kraken 18906581
  9. Divinity. 397040
  10. Spartan Kings 4000070
  11. Knights Templar 3087522
  12. Burning Crusade 3949696
________________________​

Please post your views below.

(D)JTin

DeletedUser13405

If I could +rep you for bringing it up, I would. Good effort. I think you can divide the alliances into two groups...building WWs (Ascension and PoC) and waiting for the HW (everyone else). Introducing the WWs really changed the whole dynamic of the world. It was dying a slow death anyway, but the WWs (and the whole change to 2.0) was like giving the drunk access to a liquor store. Now he's comatose waiting for the bright light to arrive.

DeletedUser

I agree with Gotham nearly 100%. The only thing I don't agree on is the thing about Beta just now being comatose. Beta we comatose long before 2.0 came out, this is just a slight stirring and we are all beginning to come back to life.

DeletedUser11969

Yeah what a wake up call a world of peace, a world economy of building and farming.

Does this not take you back to when you first started the game and your very first city LOL :p

Lugosi

Strategos
What I don't get is why small alliances like BC are bothering to make WWs? Surely they know the vast amount of resources required for WWs.

Beta has never been dead, forum posters depict a very small percentage of the in-game crowd. There may not have been big declarations like people immediately associate action with but there has been some small interesting scuffles and departures.

Amazonia has left recently, he was a nice fellow who played the game like it should be played.

The rise of Ascension hasn't really been documented on which is weird and what are the rest of Phalanx upto now? I hear TF are taking a downturn aswell anymore details?

Alpharius should really speak more (yes, hello) like Devils used too. Maybe as I've said before he could try and get a mail out to beta players through Tyrion and drum up some registrations for this forum.

DeletedUser12662

small alliances making wonders? Majority probably just aren't thinking clearly. But one possible rationale is for the defensively inclined to build and hold a single wonder, thus preventing the first alliance to reach 4 from running away with it and gaining all of them. (at least without a fight, which is why we're doing this anyway, right?) SILK contemplated such a strategy, but it was ultimately delegated elsewhere.

Beta has never been dead from my position. I haven't had peace since I was a 4 city simmer, and irony of ironies, that was the way I preferred it. In all those conflicts I've been regionally outnumbered if not always totally outnumbered. So I'm not talking about those sorts of wars that are "going on", but can be safely ignored.

What are the rest of Phalanx up to? Whom do you consider "rest of phalanx"?

DeletedUser13405

Ascension was smart...they grew peacefully and deliberately and then merged up with most of Phalanx. I don't know the full story there.

Now they have exacted a pound of flesh from the best HMA players for permitting HMA to ride Ascension's coattails to wonder bonus for the HW. I'm sure Ascension is getting something decent from HMA, likely to be paid on HW.

Kudos to Ascension. And well-played.

The only alliances that showed any inclination to stop WW construction were my alliance, CB, TGSA and SILK protectorate. We are within range of two of Ascension's WWs. But, we have been allied with Ascension (at least the DJ part) for a year. Why would we attack Ascension's WW (and for purposes of this post, assume we were successful) just to open the door for PoC, an unaffiliated alliance, to win the world? Seems like a pretty garbage way to treat our allies to me.

Nope, the wonders hastened the demise of Beta pretty quickly IMHO. Put it out of its misery and lets move on to the next challenge.

I wonder what happens when the wonders are built...any final score-settling gonna happen?

DeletedUser345

Okay so everything i typed before was lost so i will jsut sum it up :supermad:

-Achilles- said:
About time i branded you with my view.

World wonders race between PoC and Ascension.

Dragon Slayers over... bowzer quit and Xmortis side of leadership left again.

Event Horizon not threat... too small and without old leadership not as skilled in co-ordination and fighting.

Others are rubbish, were alliances that held 10th-12th spots, ranks have changed skills have not.

Hopefully wonders stalemate PoC - 2, Ascension - 2, Others far away - 3. PoC-Ascension tensions. Ascension think bigger and stronger than PoC and can take their wonders. PoC remember how Ascension wouldnt come out and declare and attack Phenomen until the late stages when inactivity bred, PoC think Ascension puppet masters, PoC think Ascension reaped reawrds for PoC's effort. Massive world war scale fighting everywhere over wonders.'

Bruce Wayne gets told by Alfred, 'Some men just want to watch the world burn.' - One of them is me on this world.

That jsut about sums up the post with was lost :Angry:

DeletedUser

Ascension was smart...they grew peacefully and deliberately and then merged up with most of Phalanx. I don't know the full story there.

Now they have exacted a pound of flesh from the best HMA players for permitting HMA to ride Ascension's coattails to wonder bonus for the HW. I'm sure Ascension is getting something decent from HMA, likely to be paid on HW.

Kudos to Ascension. And well-played.

Do you really know what Ascension is all about? Dont think you do since you stated you dont know the full story, but I can fill in parts. Phalanx fell apart due to poor leadership, then merged with Ascencion that was also formed after Stone Cutters was falling apart due to poor leadership. Now the two poor leaders are in the top alliance, weird lol. But if that is what players want then no wonder Beta is comotose.

DeletedUser

Hardkill, if you knew the story - well no, i won't even go into it because you quit Beta anyway.
For those who don't know, i am the 'poor leadership' to which Hardkill refers. Because i ran an alliance in Beta which survived, which fought, which held against a lot of people bad mouthing it. Every move was discussed, and input from members gathered. We didn't spout lies about specific players, we used evidence to prove what we had to say. Phalanx was more than an alliance, Phalanx was the members. And the members en masse decided to move on.

Phalanx and Dark Judgement Had been discussion a merge for months, and when we merged it was with the majority vote of a democratic alliance (Phalanx btw, some people might miss that)

A lot of people are getting bored with the same old same old, and Ascension has action a plenty. It's an attractive alliance which i have the privilege to co-lead. And we are doing just fine, absolutely great :) Many Plans have been discussed and we continue to keep going steady in both the WW race and also in Beta which is still going, despite temper tantrums thrown by those who cannot adapt.

DeletedUser

Now, now, be civil children.

Some updated rankings and commentary would be appreciated.

DeletedUser

discussed and we continue to keep going steady in both the WW race and also in Beta which is still going, despite temper tantrums thrown by those who cannot adapt.

Wow, think this was directed at me from a forum moderator, or was it at ALL those who cant play 2.0 due to lag etc. Failure to adapt is not a problem, failure for our machines to run a product that was updated with flaws that are documented is. You may want to think about what you type prior to posting as 2.0 has affected many negatively that may want to reenter the game in the future if it gets better. I had word that King Seal #2 on Beta server is now giving up the game as well due to 2.0 problems. So when top players are leaving the game there is a large problem besides adaptation.

Now as for the top alliance conversation, the 10th has good possibilities of advancing, and has some really enjoyable players to play this game online with who I have had the privilege to game with.

Some smaller alliances started building wonders for tactical reasons, plus it was fun to do when not doing anything else. Tactical reasons include forcing others to move onto their island that may else not have and other reasons.

DeletedUser13405

Moving this back to JTin's original discussion...re: wonders.

It seems the big WW race is between Ascension and PoC to see who builds the Pyramid first. It could determine if Ascension wins the world.

Ascension is likely to build the Lighthouse, the Statue of Zeus and the Colossus of Rhodes before anyone else.

PoC will likely build the Temple of Artemis.

DS may have the inside track on building the Tomb and the Hanging Gardens.

If PoC builds the Pyramids first, Ascension can't get all 4 WWs as DS seems to have focused on the Tomb and Hanging Garden (at least from reading the rankings).

Anyone from DS want to say whether those WWs are the focus?

EDIT: Of course, the fact that certain members of DS joined Oceania Part Deux and they had cities on the Hanging Garden island may open the door for Acension to win even if PoC builds the pyramid first. Ascension has a Level 5 Hanging Garden, it appears as a back-up plan.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lugosi

Strategos
Our WWs were tripped up by departures of our members in the new year, 2.16 update and just general alliance departures so we are now having to approach things from a new angle in order to regain lost ground.

DeletedUser

Do you really know what Ascension is all about? Dont think you do since you stated you dont know the full story, but I can fill in parts. Phalanx fell apart due to poor leadership, then merged with Ascencion that was also formed after Stone Cutters was falling apart due to poor leadership. Now the two poor leaders are in the top alliance, weird lol. But if that is what players want then no wonder Beta is comotose.

Dear lord, this is so inaccurate that to even suggest that it is true is just...jeez, I can't even think of a good word.

Anyways, I believe that Ascension (which btw was a merge between Dark Judgement and Phalanx, there was no Ascension before then, and had little to do with SC) will win the wonder race unless someone stops their wonder building, and if someone does succeed in doing so they'll just open the path for PoC to win the wonder race, unless Ascension finishes the pyramid first, in which case no one would know.

To you who de-repped me: Craven are ye? Scared of lil ol me? Signing your -rep gets you more respect than not doing so. Oh, and Hardkill is so, so wrong. I wonder if I can find that link to that song again, that'd be funny.

DeletedUser

*bump*

Do we have any new alliances in the Top 12?!

DeletedUser12662

*bump*

*cough* SILK number 12

What's that Achilles? We didn't matter? Them's fightin' words! Let's throw down! Oh wait, you're playing chimosan right? So we've BEEN fighting.