Alliance Do's and Dont's

dianices

Phrourach
It happens to all of us at some point.

You play something a long time, you pick up on telltale signs that something is or isn't going to end well, long before it gets up and running, this is true with alliances in Grepolis.

So I wanted to ask players what they think, are things an alliance should always, or never do, if they want to outlast everybody else and maybe even succeed to the end of a server.

kiss -keep it simple stupid
dont let it get personal...its only imaginary boats, troops and cities
*its not R/L* its a game
You say that now but let's see how happy you will be when you wake up to let's say 9+ reports on your mobile....then you get the sinking feeling in your gut when you see the city names with your olu or ls after that it's all rage and self loathing ( because you didn't send out your troops or something)
After calming down it's time for revenge on the one that cleared you out.
Unless you don't clear him/her out completely then the world won't be the same, the food won't taste the same, colours will be allways bleak and happiness will continue to elude you.
:wg:

But yeah it's just a "game" that you choose to spend countless hours a day in.

DeletedUser54067

It happens to all of us at some point.

You play something a long time, you pick up on telltale signs that something is or isn't going to end well, long before it gets up and running, this is true with alliances in Grepolis.

So I wanted to ask players what they think, are things an alliance should always, or never do, if they want to outlast everybody else and maybe even succeed to the end of a server.
One thing I see alliances do all the time is eat their food to quickly.
Let's say an ocean has 2 major alliances one that is 3.5 million points the other is 1 million points and is just getting off as an alliance. The 3.5 million point alliance shows no mercy and eats the other alliance now they have 6 million points in their ocean and can't expand in their ocean besides founding. Now an adjacent ocean has two alliances that has 3 million points and the other ocean has an alliance with 1 million points. The 3 million point alliance doesn't focus on the 1 million point alliance and instead expands into other oceans and tries to core up a bit. A few weeks down the line the 3 million point alliance is now 4.5 million points and the 1 million points alliance is now 2 million points. They go all out on the 2 million point alliance and now their alliance is 8 million points and has a presence in at least one other ocean than the previous alliance. They have improved their WW chances by not eating their food to quickly allowing them as an alliance the ability to have cities already built for them. As well as likely earning more BP and probably gaining a few good players from the alliance they beat. I see it to much where these alliances eliminate everything and everyone in their ocean early, gain a bunch of points but by the time their finished they have to go outside of their ocean for any serious food and they get screwed by an alliance that had a multi-ocean strategy and a constant supply of food in their own ocean that they could eat on when their real front/fights got tough. This allowed them to grow slower but with more continuity than other alliances, but have a much stronger core ocean and by being less dependent on their ocean they could earn a ton more BP than an alliance that clinged to their ocean like the imaginary borders of the ocean were physically there.

DeletedUser36697

You say that now but let's see how happy you will be when you wake up to let's say 9+ reports on your mobile....then you get the sinking feeling in your gut when you see the city names with your olu or ls after that it's all rage and self loathing ( because you didn't send out your troops or something)
After calming down it's time for revenge on the one that cleared you out.
Unless you don't clear him/her out completely then the world won't be the same, the food won't taste the same, colours will be allways bleak and happiness will continue to elude you.
:wg:

But yeah it's just a "game" that you choose to spend countless hours a day in.

I am sorry thats how you play.. kinda 2 intense a reaction for a game that is all about the use of resources and these days lots of gold

DeletedUser55765

From my experience: a tell tale sign that an alliance will implode is if they send mass messages about revolts/inc. CS regarding irrelevant towns.
Towns either not in pristine locations, not being attacked by enemies, or could be easily defended by 1-2 people.

Don't get me wrong, mass mail is a crucial tool to help protect key locations. But too often with lesser alliances those mass mailings leave you scratching your head because there are more important cities that are getting no support.