Passed Alliance Event Calendar

Would you like to see this idea implemented?

• Yes

Votes: 27 93.1%
  • No

Votes: 2 6.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Proposal:
My idea is to make some sort of event calendar for alliances.

To organize and synchronize the alliance, there are features that the founders and leaders use. For example: the forum/chat allows players to have communications between the whole alliance; time zone allows players to have synchronicity wen attacking the same targets (instead of leaving a big window of space for the defender); mass mail allows the privileged the ability to reach out to the whole alliance as a reminder (some players don't read the forums).

Reason:
This will help by organizing the events that the alliance will do daily.

Details:
It'll display the date and a little message. It'll be a feature right under the Alliance Forum that anyone in the alliance can see.

Example: Tomorrow group 1 will attack billy and group 2 will cast Earthquake to weaken billy's defense. It would be good to make that a calendar event so this way it will pop up on the day its supposed to happen and say: Dec. 16th: Groups 1+2 engage (D)billy in combat at 1500hrs GMT+1. It will be a reminder to those players. It also can tell the leaders when someone will be going on vacation and when they plan on coming back or set goals that should be accomplished by that date (like many alliances do).

Visual Aids:
I dont have any visual aids :( sorry.

Balance:
I don't see anything that will be unbalanced.

Abuse Prevention:
I don't think this feature can be abused in anyway except players making pointless events, in which the leaders or forum mods should be able to delete those.

Summary:
An event calendar for the alliance will be another feature that helps organize and synchronize the entire alliance. It will allow a last minute reminder to all members of the alliance about the events for the day. Some say this is unnecessary because a good alliance should have good communication. This will add to that good communication and make it easier on those who would normally send out messages.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I think this would be a great idea. It would be a simple way to add coordination into alliances.

DeletedUser2663

basic but the uses are endless. i like this idea. i personally would use it alot

DeletedUser

This is a very good idea it would be very useful for everybody

DeletedUser

I agree. The precision of the coordinated attacks would be priceless.

DeletedUser

Can anyone think of anything that might be good to add to this idea?

DeletedUser

Add in a secondary alliance calendar which is hidden and can only be seen by the leadership so that if there is a large number of things that need to be done in one day they can leave reminders for themselves and eachother so they get their respective jobs done more efficiently.

Just a suggestion :)

DeletedUser13436

Not a bad idea.

A calender for an individual player can also be usefull.

DeletedUser

yes, I also think that there should be some type of date and specific alliance time on it, to coordinate better.

DeletedUser

Trying to keep the idea alive, does anyone have anything to add?

DeletedUser

Alliance leaders should have the option to set a report to be delivered to players involved in an event a set amount of time before it. I also like the idea of a separate "hidden" section just for leaders. In that vein, perhaps leaders could share certain events with alliance with whom they have pacts. Great idea overall!

DeletedUser

I would like to propose 2 changes:

1. A pact callendar. Pretty self explanitory.

2. Maybe instead of a leaders only calendar, a hidden forum members only calendar.

DeletedUser

One of your abuses was people putting pointless events. Why not just make it so that only leaders can change it

DeletedUser

Only an alliance calender is necessary i think, if thers combined ops, it can just be posted in the alliance calender.

I like it.

DeletedUser

A poll has been added to this idea, and it will remain open for 2 weeks of voting.

DeletedUser14367

That's a great idea! IMO only forum moderator privileges should be able to edit the calendar. The layout should be as you said a separate feature underneath the alliance forum button, but allow the forum mods to be able to create different tabs for different calendars, ie. ops, bolt parties, hidden, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.