Passed Alliance Forum Access Levels

Would you like to see this idea implemented?

• Yes; Alliance organization and security are imperative!

Votes: 63 91.3%
  • No; Complicates the forum too much!

Votes: 6 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I think, it will be better if we have color system for level like red, green and so on. Purpose of that is, level should not be hierarchical. Alliance founder should have access to all color level. For everyone else, he has to give color level to them.

In this way you can give temporary rights to certain people for specific operation and they can not see what else other guys are doing.

Also you can use to to filter spy very easily.

Yogesh

DeletedUser

I think that 5 is too much. I like there to be 3. 1 is too few, and 5 is to many.

DeletedUser

Its great to see this has been noticed as having potential and so been moved to development and discussion.
As to the previous comment about 5 levels being too many i would have to disagree. As with 5 levels it gives you flexibility in your alliance structure. you can have multiple levels of hidden forums and can limit it so someone can see a forum but not be able to post on it. Which is ideal for an announcement section, where you do not want discussion or posts. Currently you can just lock such threads, but this does not stop the posting of new threads in this forum.
Personally i think 5 is ideal.

DeletedUser

I've thought about this. It could be used for Battle Groups too, allowing each battle group only to look at their BG's forum. +reps for you!

DeletedUser

So to just sum this idea up...

There are 5 different forum group levels, 1-5. Players are assigned to any of those five forum group levels.

Within those groups, players will be given one of three access levels 1) no access 2) read only 3) read/write.

If I read that correctly, then I need Qlander to explain the "Details" section better for the description of how it works. It's a bit confusing atm with the 5 groups and then the 3 access levels. I would also like to see at least 2 examples that demonstrate this idea. I'll then move this over to a vote.

If I did not read the idea correctly, then someone explain it to me and if it's a well enough explanation, i'll edit it into the first post.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

If you are correct Eclipse then wouldn't a simplified version of this idea just be that when you create a new tab in the forum you assign it a level, 1-5. And a player must have that level or above to be able to see it...

So if you wanted the 'Possible enemies' tab to be very secretive, you would make it level 5. And only people with level 5 clearance would be able to see it...

Just to add, i do really like the idea!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

If you are correct Eclipse then wouldn't a simplified version of this idea just be that when you create a new tab in the forum you assign it a level, 1-5. And a player must have that level or above to be able to see it...

No, it was stated it was no heredity. For instance, you can have lvls 1, 3, and 5, but not 2 and 4. I like it, and want to see a poll on it.

And eclipse, you have it right :)

DeletedUser

Quandler, eclipse wants you to edit it into the first post.... before we get a vote on this,

DeletedUser

Instead of level 1-5, choose color. With level, hierarchy come in mind and everyone thinks that it is like where you have access to level 4 then you will have access to all level below automatically. In truth, it is just to have five different sets of level colors so that you can have separate tabs for separate groups of player.

Yogesh

DeletedUser

I think yogesh has a point. There's no sense in having it hierarchical, if you want a hierarchy, it can be done through the levels. Colors, maybe letters would be a better choice. Definitely something that's needed.

DeletedUser

Not colors, letters or numbers would be better. But I agree that there should be no heredity. Maybe, though, if your alliance is especially large and needs more classes of top-secret items, you should be able to create as many access levels as necessary for you. You will only start at 5 access levels default.

In addition to the following permissions for people who have access to a particular forum: 1) read-only 2) read and write, there should be a third permission, called Create Forum. Through this it would not be dependent on leadership status whether or not you could create a forum. This is because although you may trust someone to lead your alliance, you may not trust them to make forums, and vice versa.

Status
Not open for further replies.